• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Liam Williams the ****

psychic duck

International
This guy is special breed of ****.

Where are those saying that his aggressive in your face attitude is an advantage now. He cost a chance for a historic victory with a moronic piece of play.

And to be honest, he had it coming. If you go about acting the **** in every single match you play with dirty cheap shots (late knees, elbows and starting fights all the time), then inevitably it was going to cost the team at the some point. In addition to that he's out of his depth at this level as well.

Hopefully he is dropped. One of the most irritating players in the game right now, nobody likes him except outside of Llanelli.

He doesn't learn. Looks a **** against Ireland, constantly in the Pro12 as well.
"He shows guts and doesn't get pushed around" ugh.
Nowhere near good enough. Have to hope Amos can stay fit.

It's horrible to say it but...Wales would've won if Leigh Halfpenny had been there. DEFINITELY better looking than Liam Williams.

He doesn't learn. Looks a **** against Ireland, constantly in the Pro12 as well.
"He shows guts and doesn't get pushed around" ugh.
Nowhere near good enough. Have to hope Amos can stay fit.
He looks **** in every match he plays in pretty much. That sort of forearm tackle is completely in character for him.

And he's different to say someone like Mike Brown who is just angry and can back it up on the field anyway, he just looks and creates scraps with cheap shots and can't back it up at international level. He might be okay against 14 men Scotland and Pro12, but he is out of his depth against top 5 nation or top European teams.

I really hope he is dropped. He wouldn't start if Halfpenny was fit anyway, but I would rather someone who isn't just so dumb as second choice. Hook can be the reserve full back option for the short term, Jordan Williams if we want wing/full back cover on the bench and Amos for the longer future maybe.

Last edited:
I do think he does have a natural talent. He sort of reminds me of the Welsh full backs from the 70s. Trouble is he is a complete arse. Cheap shots galore are present in his game.

What really annoyed me today was when Wales were driving towards the try line. It went back for a scrum (I think) and one of the South Afrians was holding the ball under his arm. Williams was standing behind him and knocked it out of his arm. He then attempted to get a reaction out of the South African.

Completely childish and not necessary, a typical Williams trait.

He needs an attitude change alright. If he concentrates on his game he could be better than Halfpenny.

Halfpenny doesn't have a strong attacking threat. Williams has that.

Halfpenny doesn't have a strong attacking threat. Williams has that.

Halfpenny became overrated a bit last year, however now it has swung completely the other way and his attack has become underrated.

Last time I checked it was him who saved Wales from a pool stage exit to Samoa in 2011, he also created a try in the Lions 3rd Test so he's done it at important times in important matches. Halfpenny has scored tries in his career that Liam Williams couldn't dream of, he is a much better rugby player all around including attack.

Oh, and he also doesn't decide to do stupid forearm/elbow/shoulder barges instead of tackling to save tries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McUEeypagkI

I blame Sanjay for nothing. He played well today, making up for the godawful performance he put in last week. He flew in to make a difficult hit- Morgan Stoddart tweeted saying something along the lines that any fullback would tell you he shouldn't have to shoulder any blame for that- You have to commit yourself, and he did attempt to use his arms, even if it wound up a dangerous tackle.

George North on the other hand...

Phrases like braindead scumbag aren't harsh enough for Liam Williams. He's ******* away his talent with consistently dirty play on the field.

Last edited:
I blame Sanjay for nothing. He played well today, making up for the godawful performance he put in last week. He flew in to make a difficult hit- Morgan Stoddart tweeted saying something along the lines that any fullback would tell you he shouldn't have to shoulder any blame for that- You have to commit yourself, and he did attempt to use his arms, even if it wound up a dangerous tackle.

George North on the other hand...

Yes, I can fully understand why Morgan Stoddart of all people would like full backs to go blameless for last minute defensive **** ups.

It was a simple enough bundle into touch, which an international quality full back would have done. There's a reason we don't see a load of players conceding penalty tries for barges, none are as moronic as Liam Williams.

It was annoying, but I only had so much anger, and most of it is directed at George North, who has cost us four tries in two games and not contributed anything in attack. If he stood a few yards further out or looked bothered in his attempted tackle, we wouldn't be having this conversation and Liam Williams would have redeemed himself for his terrible game last week.

Just watched the highlights and that is a ridiculous "tackle" from him - not sure how some can claim he's trying to get his arm around, he's clearly intending on using his elbow to hit the guy.
Also, if you watch Ken Owens try, Williams is there laughing in someones face/patting them (Castro style).

To echo everyone else: He's a d!ckhead.

Edit:
Just seen Stoddarts comment: Bullsh*t.
You only have to look at Halfpenny to see how a 15 can throw himself in a last ditch trysaver on the touchline (and succeed) - did it against England twice!

Halfpenny became overrated a bit last year, however now it has swung completely the other way and his attack has become underrated.

Last time I checked it was him who saved Wales from a pool stage exit to Samoa in 2011, he also created a try in the Lions 3rd Test so he's done it at important times in important matches. Halfpenny has scored tries in his career that Liam Williams couldn't dream of, he is a much better rugby player all around including attack.

Oh, and he also doesn't decide to do stupid forearm/elbow/shoulder barges instead of tackling to save tries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McUEeypagkI

I wish it was moggsy out there today, no way in hell he'd try that tackle!

Hey Wales: you won't win many games of rugby if your set piece is that terrible. We get away with it sometimes because when we get our opportunities, we take them. You guys don't have the attacking force to expect to beat South Africa if you can't take them on up front. If having a go at this guy Williams makes you feel better than so be it. Apparently there is some history with Williams I'm not aware of. However, if you think he lost you the game then you are ignoring a whole heap of other moments when you should have won the game and you blew it. No one is even talking about Le Roux's try or that George North missed a crucial tackle, that there was a tight head when you just needed to close out the game or Biggar's terrible option taking at the end.

This guy is special breed of ****.

Where are those saying that his aggressive in your face attitude is an advantage now. He cost a chance for a historic victory with a moronic piece of play.

And to be honest, he had it coming. If you go about acting the **** in every single match you play with dirty cheap shots (late knees, elbows and starting fights all the time), then inevitably it was going to cost the team at the some point. In addition to that he's out of his depth at this level as well.

Hopefully he is dropped. One of the most irritating players in the game right now, nobody likes him except outside of Llanelli.

Agreed. I couldn't believe the way he came in for that tackle - actually leading with his elbow. Just incredibly dangerous and stupid considering the position Wales were in... he effectively gave the game to the Springboks and they really didn't deserve to win it.

No doubt it was a stupid tackle and the decision to award a penalty try for it was correct. But why does Williams get all the blame for this? It's North who misses an easy tackle, my impression was that the fullback did not expect the South African to get past North and was suprised and panicked when he did so, the tackle was an instinctive reaction to stop him at all costs.

Latest posts