For the pack, I'm still not sure. In the backs though;

9. Reddan
10. Hook
11. Ashton
12. Allen
13. BOD/Shanklin - Unless somebody amazing appears out of the woodwork
14. Williams
15. Patterson

NB; this is the team I would pick, based purely on my preferred and favorite players, please save the back of your high horses.

1. Sheridan
2. Ford
3. Jenkins (I am working under the impression he can cover tight and loose)
4. Shaw
5. O'Connell
6. White ©
7. Ryan Jones
8. Crane
9. Blair
10. O'Gara
11. Banahan
12. Flood
13. Shanklin
14. Lamont
15. Paterson

16. Yapp
17. ***terell
18. O'Callaghan
19. Hogg/Barclay
20. Reddan
21. The South African born lad who plays for Bath and who's name nobody can spell.
22. Kearny

1 Sherindan
2 Flannery
3 Vickery
4 O'Callaghan
5 Shaw
6 Haskell
7 M Williams
8 Narraway

9 Reddan
10 O'Gara

11 M Williams
12 Hook
13 O'Driscoll
14 Paterson
15 Lewsey

This is my Lions XV today. Maybe in a couple of week there will be some changes.

1 Sherindan
2 Flannery
3 Vickery
4 O'Callaghan
5 Shaw
6 Haskell
7 M Williams
8 Narraway

9 Reddan
10 O'Gara

11 M Williams
12 Hook
13 O'Driscoll
14 Paterson
15 Lewsey

This is my Lions XV today. Maybe in a couple of week there will be some changes. [/b]

If you told Martyn that he was a winger he'd love you :D

There is absolutely no need for Paterson because most of the 10s you have listed can kick pretty well (admittedly not as well as Paterson), but why use up a winger or full-back position just for a slight improvement in the kicking department. Much better to have a decent winger.

Paterson has a very educated boot. His tactical kicking is fantastic, his ratio on kick is very high, and he get pace too.
I saw him playing for Glouchester as winger, he did well into space. He carried well a lot of balls trough the defense.

As i said :"This is my Lions XV today. Maybe in a couple of week there will be some changes."
Today David Strettle is injured, if he wasn't, he would be at wing and Paterson on the bench.

Sorry 4 my bad english, hope you understand what i mean.

Sorry Gloucester, not Glouchester..opps..
[/b]

just edit the post, dont apologise so much.
Picking the lions team now would be based completely on form, therefore flood might even be worthy of a place so im not willing to pick my XV

ill pick mine based on form and favourites

1. Sheridan
2. Ford
3. Stevens
4. Shaw
5. O'Callaghan
6. Croft
7. Lipman
8. Haskell
9. Wigglesworth
10. Wilkinson
11. Vainikolo
12. Flood
13. O'Driscoll
14. Williams
15. Lewsey
16. S Thompson ( would be nice to have him back for england)
17. Hayes
18. Kennedy
19. R Jones
20. Cipriani
21. Patterson
22. Lamont

a bit of england bias but i think that would be a good team to take on the likes of smit and habana!

1. Sheridan
2. Flannery
3. Hayes
4. Jones
5. O'callaghan
6. White
7. Wallace
8. Jones
9. Reddan
10. O'gara
11. Kearney
12. Hook
13. O'Driscoll (captain)
14. Vainikolo
15. Dempsey

16. Horan
17. Best
18. O'connel
19. Haskel
20. Phillips
21. Jones
22. Trimble

courtesy of nosferatu.

this be my sqaud
1 John Hayes
2 Jerry Flannery
3 Andrew Sheridan
4 O Chalaghan
5 Vickery
6 Leamy maybe
7 Wallace
8 Heaslip
9 Reddan
10 Ogara
11 Shane williams maybe
12 Odriscol
13 Flood
14 Sackey
15 Murphy

16 Dempsy
17 Trimble
18 Cipriani
19 O Connel
20 Jones
21 Vainikolo
22 Ross Ford

Bit byioust towards the Irish

I know Hayes is one of the best lifters in the business but even he'd have a hard time getting Vickery off the ground!!!

this be my sqaud
1 John Hayes
2 Jerry Flannery
3 Andrew Sheridan
4 O Chalaghan
5 Vickery
6 Leamy maybe
7 Wallace
8 Heaslip
9 Reddan
10 Ogara
11 Shane williams maybe
12 Odriscol
13 Flood
14 Sackey
15 Murphy

16 Dempsy
17 Trimble
18 Cipriani
19 O Connel
20 Jones
21 Vainikolo
22 Ross Ford

Bit byioust towards the Irish
[/b]

Interesting selection there! Hayes at loosehead? Sheridan at tightead? Vickery at row? O'Driscoll at 12 and Flood at 13? No prop on the bench!

01 Sheridan
02 Bennett (Only decent hooker at the moment imo)
03 Vickery (Not hugely happy with tighthead)
04 O'Callaghan
05 Alun-Wyn Jones
06 Leamy
07 Martyn Williams
08 Ryan Jones

09 Reddan or Phillips
10 James Hook
11 Shane Williams
12 Gavin Henson
13 O'Driscoll (First good game in a long time Saturday, Shanks pushed him close)
14 Sackey (Nack of scoring)
15 Lee Burne (Player of the tournament so far, so not sure what you other people are on about)

I know some will say it's Welsh bias, but at this moment in time they are the best team, though Ireland and England (forewards) stepped it up a notch Sat.

01 Sheridan
02 Ford *
03 Vickery *
04 O'Callaghan
05 Hines *
06 White
07 Williams *
08 Jones

09 Wigglesworth (I don't care what anyone thinks, he's class after that one game)
10 Hook *
11 Williams
12 Flood *
13 O'Driscoll
14 Sackey *
15 ??????????

Probably looks like a joke, but even if I named anyone else, the team would still look rather poor. *'s are selected as a last resort ie. no one else I can think of. Fullback is a mystery to me.

How can you say fullback is a mystery. See my previous post, Lee Burne is one of the players of the Tournament so far. He has improved his game to such an extent that he's a complete fullback at the moment. He's very solid under the high ball and in defense, got a huge left boot, hit's the line extremely well and has scored three tries to boot! What more could you ask?

I don't think Vainkolo should be on the Lions team, I feel the same about Dan Parks.
They aren't British born and only play for the country of there choice through residency or fairly distant family links.
Not a racist thing, I just don't see them as 'British'.

I hate using the term British, I never refer to myself as British, because I'm Scottish.

I know Mike Catt was SA born, and I'm sure there are other examples but he lived in the UK since he was a boy I'm fairly sure.

How can you say fullback is a mystery. See my previous post, Lee Burne is one of the players of the Tournament so far. He has improved his game to such an extent that he's a complete fullback at the moment. He's very solid under the high ball and in defense, got a huge left boot, hit's the line extremely well and has scored three tries to boot! What more could you ask? [/b]

All Lee Byrne has done is score! Pretty much it! Hes defenseivly weak!

The best tight head is actually playing at loosehead for Wales! He did the job for the Lions last time round and I know you cant keep on saying the previous lions and everything but Jenks is the best optiona t tighthead bar Hayes!

All Lee Byrne has done is score! Pretty much it! Hes defenseivly weak![/b]

What? He hasn't missed a tackle (nailed burgamasco after the Marcato break) or dropped a ball thus far. His positioning has been very good and he's been the best out of hand kicker in the 6 nations. I don't understand your comment atall.

Latest posts