• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions tour dates are out

No its normally the Welsh and Irish deciding which of their 7 players will make the test team along with a token Scot. As an Englishman there is no point debating the inclusion of any of my country men as it will just get shouted down by everyone else.

No its normally the Welsh and Irish deciding which of their 7 players will make the test team along with a token Scot. As an Englishman there is no point debating the inclusion of any of my country men as it will just get shouted down by everyone else.

Don't merit inclusion because some are not good enough ... jeez cry me a river please.

Launch event in Cardiff this afternoon so there will be more details after that, apparently. Going to be a good tour with some tough fixtures there.

Last edited:
Well lets see, it look likes a tough schedule with a game in Hong Kong. Australia is not renown for having a friendly attitude to touring sports teams as anyone who witnessed the 2001 or 1989 tour will tell you. I hope they get the selection right because its going to be hard enough dealing the partisan Aussie press, difficult schedule and for a change in Aus good mid week teams without having to carry players with out the right top 2 inches.

Will the NSW/QLD mix side be amateur? Or just players who didn't make it into the Reds/Waratahs matchday squads? Or even just a mix of the best players?

Will be interesting to see, and with the exception of the Barbarians match I'm really looking forward to this

That looks like the only "easy" game but it will depend on how many test players the Aussies allow to play for there clubs. They could do what the boks did and save them all for the test matches.

Lions coach to be appointed after Six Nations

4562.2.jpg

British & Irish Lions manager Andy Irvine has revealed that the head coach for the eagerly-anticipated tour to Australia in 2013 will be named after next year's Six Nations.

Any favourites for the job?

I thought he said he wasn't going to coach them anymore, but would be interested in a different role (one of the made up ones like "Director of Sports" or something like that)

Would like them to go for a club/region coach. Too much conflict of interest with a national coach sometimes, or a SH coach like White would be OK

I was wondering what the extra match would be interesting to see the country side being included, it looks like it will be an invitational side.

I don't think Gatland would be a good idea. Too much bad blood between him and every country besides Wales.

Geech is the obvious choice.

Geech... FFS.
I'd be fine if the Welsh boys didn't bother.
After every Lions tour we lose a stack of our players to injury and have to spend the next year dealing with it.

I'd like to see a Ashton, O'Sullivan, Jenkins coaching team, just to **** everybody off. Then we can actually move on.

I don't think Gatland would be a good idea. Too much bad blood between him and every country besides Wales.

Geech is the obvious choice.

Thats true, although his mind games tend to back fire on him the comments he has made about the irish team/Hartley in the past would not help him bond a team although the BBC seem to think its his to lose.

Latest posts