• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Living in America

O

O'Rothlain

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qvv15LGyXMI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qvv15LGyXMI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Ah, America. You know, the country that controls everything (including British Prime Ministers). We're big! Literally...most of us are overweight or obese. We gave you McDonalds, Coca~Cola, and Liberty.
We're Awesome. Just listen to the radio...Justin Timberlake, that Britney girl, and ehm everything else.
Let's hear your perceptions and banter about the greatest place on earth (outside of Disneyland...oh, wait, that's in America).

The best part about the US is definitely the medical coverage, the leadership and the obesity. Between those three things, I think we are pretty shady. Hell, we even kill our soldiers in Iraq on purpose (see Pat Tillman).

Your waffles aren't made of potatoes!
Therefore are not waffling versatile!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrmj4Ho11zw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrmj4Ho11zw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:rahh: :ranting: :%#%#:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qvv15LGyXMI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qvv15LGyXMI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Ah, America. You know, the country that controls everything (including British Prime Ministers). We're big! Literally...most of us are overweight or obese. We gave you McDonalds, Coca~Cola, and Liberty.
We're Awesome. Just listen to the radio...Justin Timberlake, that Britney girl, and ehm everything else.
Let's hear your perceptions and banter about the greatest place on earth (outside of Disneyland...oh, wait, that's in America).
[/b]

We gave the world Jazz. America redeemed.

i love america and ohio is quite possibly the greatest piece of land on the earth

We Defeated Communism, and now we're coming after...wait, what is it we're coming after? Islam? No. Uhm, Turbins? No. Oil? No, we need that. Wait, what the heck are we fighting now...OH yeah, Terror. Look out terror! You've seen what we did to the CCCP!

We Defeated Communism, and now we're coming after...wait, what is it we're coming after? Islam? No. Uhm, Turbins? No. Oil? No, we need that. Wait, what the heck are we fighting now...OH yeah, Terror. Look out terror! You've seen what we did to the CCCP!
[/b]

There's a new TV show called "Aliens in America" (or something similar) that deals with a family getting a pakistani exchange student (it's a comedy). Pretty funny. Will be interesting to see what the rest of America thinks of it when it airs.

I don't like to judge things I haven't seen or experienced myself, but I must say, you guys don't have the most spotless reputation, I mean outside of the US.

Although having a president that was the source of a new neologism is of course interesting, even if it's not the most positive neologism ever thought of :p

America is...something I've been learned to live with....oh, and in.

I still haven't been "Americanized" yet though - my attitudes and mannerisms don't conform and I don't think they ever will.

Only ever heard the man in German, so don't know how non American he would be ^o)

I = too lazy to get Longman (only English dictionary I own)

You= tell me meaning off 'toff' please xD

Wait, never mind, found it online.

an elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners)[/b]

Guessing it's not 100% accurate but meh

I = too lazy to get Longman (only English dictionary I own)

You= tell me meaning off 'toff' please xD

Wait, never mind, found it online.

an elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners)[/b]

Guessing it's not 100% accurate but meh [/b]
Yes it is the correct meaning, in the nicest possible way.

I'm guessing it's usually negatively conotated? Don't think Conotation is an english word :s

It has a negative feeling about it?

Isn't American patriotism just the single most annoying thing on the planet? Or is it just me?

We Defeated Communism, and now we're coming after...wait, what is it we're coming after? Islam? No. Uhm, Turbins? No. Oil? No, we need that. Wait, what the heck are we fighting now...OH yeah, Terror. Look out terror! You've seen what we did to the CCCP! [/b]

I'm for the death penalty, so I think you should build one of those long, multi-noose gallows on the White House lawn and hang ... George Bush, Dick Cheney, Alan Greenspan, anyone who calls himself a neo-conservative, and the entire governing council of Goldman-Sachs.

The damage these people have done to THE freedom-loving nation is unbelievable. Patriot Act, invasion of privacy, reckless slagging of the ultra-sensitive French, serial financial bubbles, destruction of the market for decent ordinary jobs, reform of bankruptcy laws to screw the consumer, mortgage fraud promoted by the "debt-for-life" slavers. And that's without foreign policy perversions.

When you defeat communism, you're supposed to nail it by showing just how good things can be. And this is it? Meh!

Because of these people, America has missed its great chance - it will never come again.

Anyway, I love Manhattan - Little Italy especially. And dewy eyed Americans on their seventh pint in an Irish pub. And the Internet - although that was fairly useless until the European Web put sense on it.

Isn't American patriotism just the single most annoying thing on the planet? Or is it just me? [/b]
I think it's just you...how could anyone ever speak ill of the country that granted you the freedoms you enjoy today?
<div class='quotemain'> We Defeated Communism, and now we're coming after...wait, what is it we're coming after? Islam? No. Uhm, Turbins? No. Oil? No, we need that. Wait, what the heck are we fighting now...OH yeah, Terror. Look out terror! You've seen what we did to the CCCP! [/b]

I'm for the death penalty, so I think you should build one of those long, multi-noose gallows on the White House lawn and hang ... George Bush, Dick Cheney, Alan Greenspan, anyone who calls himself a neo-conservative, and the entire governing council of Goldman-Sachs.

The damage these people have done to THE freedom-loving nation is unbelievable. Patriot Act, invasion of privacy, reckless slagging of the ultra-sensitive French, serial financial bubbles, destruction of the market for decent ordinary jobs, reform of bankruptcy laws to screw the consumer, mortgage fraud promoted by the "debt-for-life" slavers. And that's without foreign policy perversions.

When you defeat communism, you're supposed to nail it by showing just how good things can be. And this is it? Meh!

Because of these people, America has missed its great chance - it will never come again.

Anyway, I love Manhattan - Little Italy especially. And dewy eyed Americans on their seventh pint in an Irish pub. And the Internet - although that was fairly useless until the European Web put sense on it.

[/b][/quote]
You sound like you live here and think freely...Loads of people live here...very few think freely.

<div class='quotemain'> Isn't American patriotism just the single most annoying thing on the planet? Or is it just me? [/b]
I think it's just you...how could anyone ever speak ill of the country that granted you the freedoms you enjoy today?[/b][/quote]

Don't give me that Uncle Sam crap, its too early in the morning.

Latest posts