• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Luke Fitzgerald on Nigel Owens

f9583747d11b633d716b16f67f7a0d82_so-this-is-the-moral-high-moral-high-ground-meme_308-306.jpeg
No wonder you like how NO refs.

I want the referee to ref the game, don't talk to me and I won't talk to him unless I think he's missing something in which case I'll talk to him with my captain. If I am out of line say whatever you want to me, if not give me the respect I have earned through respecting the ref's authority.
Agreed

No wonder you like how NO refs.

Woah ... no need to get personal! However the personal crusade is enlightening and touching at the same time. I don't really see all the fuss, I've said he's not the best ... then you say I like how he refs ... go figure ... *figures* ... ah yes ... it's because I'm Welsh ...

4df8dfbb92fd1ff48c5d1190501bc67b.gif

Anyway ... best referee in rugby union?

Last edited:
That's personal? Pfff
Quite the glass jaw for someone who likes to take a swing at others.

Masters in engineering from a Russel group Uni that I didn't buy my way into... Trump has clearly shown he didn't get onto the degree course on merit. Also yeah, despite it being a joke he most likely doesn't know the words because he has also shown to have one of the worst vocabularies of any of the candidates, ranking at about school level.

And yet, you are a nobody and he is the POTUS.

A slam, three HEC's and three pro 12s in there too! That's a major trophy every 25 games... Nothing!

A player can be brilliant, have all the trophies he could ever want, but at the end of the day, still be an asshat as a person.

And yet, you are a nobody and he is the POTUS.

Straight out of the Trump book of comebacks for big boys. You know who else was POTUS? Nixon. Do please tell me how being POTUS automatically make you in any way intelligent or a man of integrity...

Last edited:
I wish I had a meme to add to express my delight at seeing trite rhetoric being challenged and subsequently ignored by those who spouted it. No doubt the next season of South Park will afford many opportunities!

Listing all Luke's achievements doesn't speak in any way to whether or not he is a good commenter or that his opinion of Nigel Owens' witticisms is valid.

In any case, it seems poor Luke is in a bit of a minority

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/nigel-owens-luke-fitzgerald-362944

That's not ehat I was saying, it was a response to Fitzgerald being called a nothing. You're right that his achievements don't make his point valid, just like how 7 tweets from Nigel Owens' followers don't make them invalid, especially considering that that tweet from Owens is a lie. "It's poor play by you there on the pass. Under no pressure there." Does not explain why advantage is over.

That's not ehat I was saying, it was a response to Fitzgerald being called a nothing. You're right that his achievements don't make his point valid, just like how 7 tweets from Nigel Owens' followers don't make them invalid, especially considering that that tweet from Owens is a lie. "It's poor play by you there on the pass. Under no pressure there." Does not explain why advantage is over.

it does
(d)Tactical advantage means freedom for the non-offending team to play the ball as they wish

he is simply explaining that as they weren't under pressure they had freedom and that the reason for them losing the ball was "poor play" and not the other team

This thread is making me lose the will to live.....

Straight out of the Trump book of comebacks for big boys. You know who else was POTUS? Nixon. Do please tell me how being POTUS automatically make you in any way intelligent or a man of integrity...

I did not vote for Trump, nor am I an adamant supporter. So, nice try on that one Podnuh. You are obviously just as clever as they are. Being POTUS does not make you intelligent, or moral, but it makes you incredibly important. Certainly more important than the two of us. Also, considering Hillary Clinton was running against him...I was not too upset when he won.

I'm not sorry if this fact hurts your feelings.

Last edited:

Latest posts