• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Luke Watson is GOOOONE!

S

Steve-o

www.keo.co.za/2007/12/11/watson-sacked/.

This news is already a week or so old and i'm surprised that no Stormers supporters have raised this. As the Stormers are my least team in SA I don't really care about them (with the blue bulls coming in at a close 2nd), I just wanna hear what Stormer okes have to say about this since your guys captain has been in the headlines alot this year.
Rassie reckons de Villiers is head and shoulders above Watson (no pun intended :lol: )

The links not working. Why was he sacked? his form has dropped dramatically in the last year or so, maybe this isnt such a surprise.

The links not working. Why was he sacked? his form has dropped dramatically in the last year or so, maybe this isnt such a surprise. [/b]
HINT: copy and paste the url into your web browser (without the full stop of course)....

yeah sorry about the link. My web browser on my palm pilot doesn't show all the options e.g. add a hyperlink

yeah sorry about the link. My web browser on my palm pilot doesn't show all the options e.g. add a hyperlink [/b]
lol don't be sorry, schalk is just quite the absent minded one :p

Cmon melon. Give the poor guy a break, it's punishment enough being a Stormers fan :p

<div class='quotemain'> yeah sorry about the link. My web browser on my palm pilot doesn't show all the options e.g. add a hyperlink [/b]
lol don't be sorry, schalk is just quite the absent minded one :p
[/b][/quote]

:lol: I was still half asleep

Also i thought it said Watson was sacked from the Stormers team rather than just relieved of the captaincy. Anyway i read this a few days ago, i doubt De Villiers will be fit for the start of the season though.

The administration of SA Rugby try push him into the Bok squad yet good coaches such as Jake and Rassie don't rate him to highly. Very interesting. He'll forever live in his fathers shadow, in terms of his rugby career.

***severely hung-over Stormers fan replying belatedly to the best piece of news in years from the Cape***

:bravo: :bana: :lol: and all that. Now if only he`ll go back to Durban from whence he came.

Nah, in all seriousness, I do rate Watson as a pretty decent player- against weaker opposition like the Falcons in the CC, or the Reds at S14 level. But once the heat gets turned on by formidable packs of forwards, he tends to disappear.

Also seems like a disruptive influence in most teams he plays for. There were rumours of unhappiness in the Sharks camp during his time there, before he moved down to Cape Town. Also there were rumours of rifts in the Stormers camp last season, with Watson alienating most of the senior players- read Boks like JDV, Schalk and Big Joe. It should also be noted that the turnaround in WP form at the end of the CC coincided not only with the axeing of Fester as coach, but also with the injury of one L.Watson, and this point was emphasised by Schalk during a press interview while he was in France. And then of course, there were the rumours of the Bok squad not giving him the traditional Kontiki session and proper capping ceremony after his 1st test against Samoa. Hmmm, seems where there`s that much smoke, there`s gotta be a fire........

Latest posts