• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Madden 2007

Yep, id have to say im sharing your feelings, but im still trying to like it!!

What did you think of the pre season training games in franchise, i thought it was good how you can save them up, and actually give the guys you choose a decent chunk of progression.

Im starting to get the hang of influence, i didnt realise how much i had to spend at times, and how much effect they had, I got a lucky rushing touchdown and it gave 18 points, on the next drive i spent them all maxing out my speed and stength, my next ply was a 40 yard touch down, bowling two guys over. This got me a whole stack of points and i played the rest of the game like a potential star, racking up my best stats yet, 125 rushing yards and 2 touchdown, and shock horror, it was fun!!!
[/b]

yeah i was going to ditch SS altogether, until i had a game where i scored a TD, and then a scored another 2 in successive runs...........the unfluence metre had like 20 pts to allocate, and i was in tip top form that day
but the coach never used me in the 2nd half, so WTF?

that was my last match - when i get home, i will get back into it, and see what effect the hatrick of TD's had on my dude.

Training mid-week lets u take in influence points into a match

if u dont train u take nothing in, and have to create them with plays

if u train well, u can take in 30 influence points, which can really kick start a great perfromance by ur Superstar

This game is coming good.........its taken a while but starting to figure a few things out.........got myself returning kicks and punts aswell now via the depth chart breakdown

Got my 1st TD aswell (during proper season, my other 3 were from pre-season) and put on CPU controlled so i dont really cheat, and win all the time........however i got stiffed with an AI 90m TD, that my D let in with 5 seconds to go to lose a match...was fuming, and so was the coach.........idiot should have picked PREVENT when 5 seconds to go, and 90yd for TD, but noooooooo...BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ, and before u know the AI is wide open down the flanks...FOOL!!!

Within a match u cant fault this game - plays very well.......but u cant help but feel jipped when u have thrashed 2004/2005 to bits, and want all the mini games, owner modes back.

Am excited to see what happens when my contract is up, coz i am putting in good numbers, and my price will be increased thats for sure

5mins way too long aswell....u fall asleep waiting for AI.

You know you can change quarter length right?

So you can edit the depth chart in ss mode? I kept demanding trades until i was on a team that had me as PR, Kr and starting WR(i started a new one as WR) I hav yet to score a regular td, but i returne 3 kickoffs for touchdowns in one game!!! Wheres the blood record bokks, last years version had one, and i should be in it for that!! My WR was a third round pick and has 99 speed 99 acc and 99 agiltiy!?? I guess i got lucky?

But you can train as often as you want, so isnt like cheating? where do i see these points after training?

What is with all the terrible play calling, it seems like the plays are bloody random, no hurry up offense, and 3rd and 15 and im down in the 4th and the coach calls a HB screen!!! You can burn a timeout and the cpu will change the play, but that can cost u the game. Why does the coach not challenge obvious wrong calls, you cant do it youself!! I get mad, but then i make a big play, and its like im bloddy adicted! Im thinking about keeping this game.

during traing after each play u get allocated influence points - u can then see how many points u will carry into the next match via the "My Superstar" menu

Yeah some of the AI decisions left alot to be desired for, although they have hit hurry up offense on the head IMO - everytime it comes down to the last 2 mins - i havent seen a huddle, unless its blown out, and then its QB knee time
Yeah my HB has good stats all 90's etc.......however my fumbling is rediculous....1 fumble per match...my carrying stat is 70, so i guess thats why.

Current Gen > 360.

People seem to definatly be digging the X-Box and PS2 version more on the boards I visit.

This is true, but once youve had next gen graphics, you can go back, well atleast i cant.

Well, in spite of my initial rant, i am totally adicted to supersr mode. Im a widereciever and in my first season with jags, and were 6-5-0 and looking like missing the playoffs just. Its is frustrating and not without flaws, but everytime i catch th e pigsin its like smokin crack!!(not that i know) I took me until round 7 to get my first TD, which came against the NY giants when i was down 21 -7. I proceed to score 2 more tds and make a key block on another to win the game!! Now im totally hooked!!

I got a 360 and Madden 07 yesterday and even though I don't know much about american football I think this game is absolutely brilliant!!

Well, in spite of my initial rant, i am totally adicted to supersr mode. Im a widereciever and in my first season with jags, and were 6-5-0 and looking like missing the playoffs just. Its is frustrating and not without flaws, but everytime i catch th e pigsin its like smokin crack!!(not that i know) I took me until round 7 to get my first TD, which came against the NY giants when i was down 21 -7. I proceed to score 2 more tds and make a key block on another to win the game!! Now im totally hooked!!
[/b]

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH 2 LINES OF CRACK

IT REDICULOUS]

i am a HB...............13-7 down with 40 secs left.......4th and goal....passing play....................i'm like sheeeeeeeettttt, here we go another missed oportunity

but then i i get a route to run.....no blocking for this ghetto superstar.............straight up and out, i call for the ball...........put ya hands up..................booooooooya............TD ak47............game set match, ak47, via a passing play

SUPERSTAR IS TOTALLY SICK

I got an email from my agent saying that the performance instiitute is available everyweek, and it affcts my gameday perfromance, so i go every week, but dont really know what it doe,s u got any ideas?

Route running and recieveing are addicting, plus to get to reurn kcks and punts, and also when the games on the line, you are the go to guy, unless short yardage like you pointed out. It just feles like you hav more control over your role in the game. After my first season i finshed 9th in the league for recieving yards!

The performance intsitute affects your overall attributes, and you can only go once a week, but if you perform badly it has a negative affect aswell, awsome!! They should tell you this stuff in the manual!

You can check the effect by checking your ratings with the right click when in individual stats section.

Just started my franchise tonight as the Falcons, simmed first few pre-season games played one and lost badly to tennesee but then in the first round of the NFL I beat the Panthers in an unreal game 49-47. I was up 42-34 and they got a touchdown and went for the 2 points and messed it up and then I scored again to finish things off and they got another td at the end but it made no difference. Whoooooooohoooo!!!

had my best game of my career

2 rushing TD's
150+ yds rushing
1 rec TD
3 catches for 30yds

Was NFC offensive player of the week

SUPERSTAR MODE JUST KEEPS ON GETTING BETTER

How can you sim pre season, thats when you get to do mini games and improve player progression!! and more to the point why arent you playing superstar!!

Nice one ak, I just started season 2 with the jags, ive decided to play out my 2 year contract. In the first game of the season, i watched my team run out, and my guy was there!! The comentator called him the next great reciever, which is kind of gay, but kind of cool aswell!!

Is it just me or have the DBs been made a bit retarded in this game? I've got it on PC...and so often my DBs are completely spaced and give up big gains everywhere. It's really irritating.

How can you sim pre season, thats when you get to do mini games and improve player progression!! and more to the point why arent you playing superstar!!

Nice one ak, I just started season 2 with the jags, ive decided to play out my 2 year contract. In the first game of the season, i watched my team run out, and my guy was there!! The comentator called him the next great reciever, which is kind of gay, but kind of cool aswell!!
[/b]

I've plenty of time to play superstar mode!! I did try it but I hate the first person view and I'm not sure which position is best, what do you guys think is?

DEADSET - i am the greatest thing in NFL history

I am like 6 seasons in superstar mode

left the cowboys for a 30 million dollar pay rise, and arrived at lowly Jets coming off a 5-11 season

then we make the playoffs in my 1st Jets year, with 2,200 yds rushing for season, NFL best and makes the Pro Bowl........bowed out of playoffs in 1st week though.

next 2 seasons have failed to make the playoffs coz f***in QB Pennington (who is rated 93 at the moment), keeps on getting injured and Klement #2 QB is rated 70's and i get raped.

My career avg is 130 yds per game rushing

Move over Mr Peyton................the greatest running back in NFL history is playing the game today!!!!

WOOT.............i just want my SB win................no Marino like career's here

Superstar mode does not hav first person view!!

Sounds like your well on your way to the hall of fame, Im still in my second season, and am of to a good start, i just wan to make playoffs.

I noticed a cool thing in franchise mode, you now the pre seasn mini games? well you can do them in preparation for eveygame of the regular season!!

"""""SPOILER ALERT"""""

AK, i dont know if you know this or not, but there is no superbowl celebration, the game just ends like any other, I think this sucks, i dont know if you care bt i thought id let you know so you dont get nasty surprise!

Latest posts