• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Madden 2007

"""""SPOILER ALERT"""""

AK, i dont know if you know this or not, but there is no superbowl celebration, the game just ends like any other, I think this sucks, i dont know if you care bt i thought id let you know so you dont get nasty surprise!
[/b]

yeah i heard about that and it sux

how can they have fireworks for pre-game in DOMES.........and just walk off the field after a SB win OUTSIDE

The logic @ EA is nothing short of retarded and dislexic

They must walk around like zombies saying "Purple monkey dishwasher"

Do they even walk off? I heard the game just ends like regular season.
[/b]

Didnt mean to lead u that way..

i got no idea

i havent been past the divisional playoffs - my f***ing coach wont give me the ball....time to call a press conference and vent my anger

although they made me captain, thus not sure if good thing to do

what the frickin hell? on ps2 on superstar mode a few times a game the qb will through the pass the wrong damn way. but its not an incomplete pass, its called a goddam fumble. leads to situations like 3rd and 67 and have had a couple of safeties as a result. THIS IS BULLSHIT!

what the frickin hell? on ps2 on superstar mode a few times a game the qb will through the pass the wrong damn way. but its not an incomplete pass, its called a goddam fumble. leads to situations like 3rd and 67 and have had a couple of safeties as a result. THIS IS BULLSHIT!
[/b]
i heard its a bug and a big one at that

my mate has the same issue

EA havent announced it as official so u cant exchange for a good working one yet either

Is this bug in all versions?

I picked up NHL 07 for 360 this morning, so maddens getting rested at the moment!!

Is this bug in all versions?

I picked up NHL 07 for 360 this morning, so maddens getting rested at the moment!!
[/b]

nah dude

PS2 ONLY

I am cracking out Saints tonight........it hasnt seen the light of day since Madden07...........and thats enuff punishment for such a great ***le

Theproblem with ALL Madden games for me is that Defending is not good. Maybe due to the fact that I do not know what the hell I'm doing in defence.

Attacking is always fun and Madden 07 on 360 is awesome in this respect, but again, I suck really bad at defending. Anyone give me any tips?

Play superstar mode!! then u dont hav to defend!

Which player do you normally control on defence?

Play superstar mode!! then u dont hav to defend!

Which player do you normally control on defence?
[/b]

Any!!! I switch between them. Is that what I'm doing wrong? I try to whack the quarterback and then change to the nearest defender to the reciever. It just seems really hit and miss and spoils a great game.

What's superstar mode???? I only have the demo. If I can get my head round the defending side of it, I'd buy the full game.

In supersar mode you control one guy for his entire career, with the goal of making the hall of fame. You only hav control of one guy, and the camera is zoomed in specific to that position. and you hav to do the play the coach says. You can choose any position on the field, then you create your guy, start as a rookie and go from there.

If you want to stick with regular mode then you need to keep defense simple to begin with, choose a linebacker, pariculrly the one who marks the halfback, make that your job and stick with it. Leave the cornrbacks and safeties to do thier job(even if they do it badly) fell free to take over a guy and make a tackle, but wait till the play has developed. Once are comfy try covering the middle zone of the field if you want to get involved in pass coverage. Just do your job each ply and youll hav fun.

How are you with defensive play calling!!

[/b]

Pretty hopeless. Just choose "Ask coach" all the time. I know what blitz's do, but nothing else. Is there some way of telling which defensive pattern will be best to counter the attack play chosen?

I like the idea of superstar mode though, that might swing me into buying it.

Generally use a 3-4 zone(all players on zone) against good passing teams, but you may need to take it upon yourself to blitz now and then as 3-4 puts less pressure on the QB.

Use a 4-3 man zone or man coverage play against the run, and mark th halfback urself.

I f you can understand the play charts and the diff between man zone and blitz then you can start chsing more complex plays.

Superstar mode is great, but you will hate it at first, it is hard and frustrating, but totally addictive like old school games.

Got my Maddaen 07 on Friday. The defence is a little bit more difficult in this one as in 06 but I'm getting the hang of things. I normally use ask coach or ask John Madden on defensive plays.

Generally use a 3-4 zone(all players on zone) against good passing teams, but you may need to take it upon yourself to blitz now and then as 3-4 puts less pressure on the QB.

Use a 4-3 man zone or man coverage play against the run, and mark th halfback urself.

I f you can understand the play charts and the diff between man zone and blitz then you can start chsing more complex plays.

Superstar mode is great, but you will hate it at first, it is hard and frustrating, but totally addictive like old school games.
[/b]

On defense you need to look at your players. If you have four good LBs, by all means play a 3-4. I don't like it. I play a 4-3 for a base defense. I match up defensive backs with WR. If they are in a three WR set, I play a nickel (five DB). FOur WR is mostly nickel, and five WR is dime (six DB). I like to play zone defense out of almost every set and I blitz on almost every play. However, I switch it around and don't call the same blitz package. I will blitz the MLB, then the CB, then the OLB. I rarely use a safety blitz. I also switch between a cover 2 and a three-deep zone depending on down and distance. If they have more than 15 yards to go and it is third down I definitely go to a three deep.

I always play with the DE and go after the QB. I will switch to a close-by defender to tackle or try to tip a pass.

One more thing.

If I can't get any pressure on the QB, even when blitzing, I will drop back in coverage if the QB is picking me apart.

In supersar mode you control one guy for his entire career, with the goal of making the hall of fame. You only hav control of one guy, and the camera is zoomed in specific to that position. and you hav to do the play the coach says. You can choose any position on the field, then you create your guy, start as a rookie and go from there.

If you want to stick with regular mode then you need to keep defense simple to begin with, choose a linebacker, pariculrly the one who marks the halfback, make that your job and stick with it. Leave the cornrbacks and safeties to do thier job(even if they do it badly) fell free to take over a guy and make a tackle, but wait till the play has developed. Once are comfy try covering the middle zone of the field if you want to get involved in pass coverage. Just do your job each ply and youll hav fun.

[/b]

Can you import a guy from NCAA to superstar mode? I am sure you can't, but if you could that would be the coolest thing ever... You start in High School, go through college, and then move on to the NFL and end up in the Hall of Fame...

I mix up my D a lot personally, I use a 4-3 most of the time. You've got to keep mixing it up though and adjusting ie. keeping a permanent QB spy there if you're playing Mike Vick for example (if you get enough pressure he'll also get a few picks too.

The adjustment options are damn useful too. I use the show blitz a lot and then drop my LBs into coverage...you'll get a lot of picks if you have a robber zone man in there. Also if you're playing all zone coverage, choose the "Disguise Coverage" option.

In terms of blitzing...never blitz too much. I use always like to drop a CB blitz in there especially on 3rd and long. Tends to work every time. Erm...if you're really lucky and have a 1337 defensive line (Jax for example) you'll be able to generate enough front 4 pressure to get a sack on their own or maybe with only one other player blitzing. If your DL are a bit average, well, you'll need to mix things up a lot more.

I mix up my D a lot personally, I use a 4-3 most of the time. You've got to keep mixing it up though and adjusting ie. keeping a permanent QB spy there if you're playing Mike Vick for example (if you get enough pressure he'll also get a few picks too.

The adjustment options are damn useful too. I use the show blitz a lot and then drop my LBs into coverage...you'll get a lot of picks if you have a robber zone man in there. Also if you're playing all zone coverage, choose the "Disguise Coverage" option.

In terms of blitzing...never blitz too much. I use always like to drop a CB blitz in there especially on 3rd and long. Tends to work every time. Erm...if you're really lucky and have a 1337 defensive line (Jax for example) you'll be able to generate enough front 4 pressure to get a sack on their own or maybe with only one other player blitzing. If your DL are a bit average, well, you'll need to mix things up a lot more.
[/b]

I don't really use the adjustment options. I need to start. It was a good point about not blitzing too much. I will bring one guy and maybe two from a four-man front set. I rarely use the mad all-out blitzes. Like you said, mixing it up is the key. Especially against a human opponent.

Did u know you can fiil up your hall of fame meter in two seasons, retire, and still make the hall of fame WTF!!!! Its too damn easy, and when you get there all you get is a pop up congadualtions text box!! shame!!