• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Madden Review (next gen)

C

CeeJay

Madden has been reviewd and it sounds pretty good on the 360, still a few dissapointments but sounds like it whoops the other 360 versions.

360 review http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/812/812241p1.html

PS3 owners have benn screwed over. I really feel for you sony loyalists, you stick to your guns and the reward you get is madden at an unnaccepable 30fps. Ouch. Heres the Ps3 review mostly the same with a speal about how the frame rate wrecks the game, and it has a considerably lower rating than the 360 version.

PS3 review http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/812/812702p1.html

i am buying it 100%

i am all about online now..........give me lag free NFL, and i'll be very happy

60fps looks sweet

Another thing, the guy who reviewed it mentioned the fumbles and Ints being a problem, and after reading posts from yanks who hav this game on the ign boards, it seems almost everyone is having serioius problems with fumbling all the time and getting picked. There is a slider for interceptions, but not for fumbles. Could be a game killer.

Sounds like the game developers and programming teams are going through the same "hard to program new tech" problems they had on the ps2, in respect to the ps3 version.

Apparently the cell chip is hard to program AI for at the mo, and although this will become a lot easier as the programmers learn, the 360 is going to be right up with the PS3 and occasionally sticking it's nose in front for a while yet.

Rather than being bitter towards 360 owners, I'm quite happy that a higher programming benchmark is being set for future games on both consoles. Lets face it, both sides needed a better Madden, lets hope we both get 60fps next time.

Meanwhile the programming teams getting the first assistance by Sony's cell chip experts are working on projects that will be seen before years end. Here's hoping that Sony will be able to make things easier for many development teams over the next 6 months.

If they don't, the entire technological advantage is gone. There would be no point in consumers or developers wasting their time. It's got to be Sony's number 1 priority.

Another thing, the guy who reviewed it mentioned the fumbles and Ints being a problem, and after reading posts from yanks who hav this game on the ign boards, it seems almost everyone is having serioius problems with fumbling all the time and getting picked. There is a slider for interceptions, but not for fumbles. Could be a game killer. [/b]

fixed via xbox live update when the world complains, when they see it

this is the way i see it

they develop the game

realise there is an issue in the course of events

weight up wether it worth delaying to fix, or whether they release and fix later via update

any delay with madden would be a terrorist act, and they'll patch it up later.

there isnt a slider for 'fumbles', but there was for 'carrying' from memory - hit that!!!

NCAA had the same problem (fumble and picks) apparently, and it was never fixed, but hopefully your right and it can be fixed with sliders.

There is no slider to fix fumbles sadly. this game is taking a pasting from some users, other seem to think its no problem. I guess well hav to fork out and see for ourselves.

Just aswell yr all about online now AK, coz it turns out that owner mode is exactly the same as 07.

There is no slider to fix fumbles sadly. this game is taking a pasting from some users, other seem to think its no problem. I guess well hav to fork out and see for ourselves.

Just aswell yr all about online now AK, coz it turns out that owner mode is exactly the same as 07. [/b]

Bullshit u can relocate, and get sponsorships, upgrade stadium commodities

you get a balance sheet, pnl, and crowd figure etc

u just cant set prices for popcorn and that

I know its not ps2 2005 owner mode, but its better than 2007 surely.

Ceejay dont burn me.........please, this must be improved

superstar mode can suck my right one............3 times

Yes you are correct, you can relocate, this is good. But other than that its just shows you a bit of extra info. They originally said that it would be the same as current gen owner mode. I never bother with relocation, sounds like fun, but its tedious. You may get sponrship deal, but does it really change anything? We still dont really have any control or choices over the franchise. We just play football and watch the numbers. I personally miss being able to crank up ticket prices at playoff time and rake in the dosh. Anyway its dissapointing, but your right, it is improved a little, and i guesss thats alot for EA. Ill be gettting this one from EB, and taking back after a week if its a lemon. I got sucker punched by 07.

Yes you are correct, you can relocate, this is good. But other than that its just shows you a bit of extra info. They originally said that it would be the same as current gen owner mode. I never bother with relocation, sounds like fun, but its tedious. You may get sponrship deal, but does it really change anything? We still dont really have any control or choices over the franchise. We just play football and watch the numbers. I personally miss being able to crank up ticket prices at playoff time and rake in the dosh. Anyway its dissapointing, but your right, it is improved a little, and i guesss thats alot for EA. Ill be gettting this one from EB, and taking back after a week if its a lemon. I got sucker punched by 07. [/b]

i read somewhere there is ticket pricing...just not food, merchandise and other things

u have ot relocate ceejay........its half the mode.........going to a town with no team, trying to muster up a franchise and bring in the crowd, bring in the moneys, as your in $100million DEBT just from the relocation costs.

Its about turning the RED into GREEN.......

I am online now so i have extra reasons to keep it....espcially considering the gameplay is improved the most

Its another cop-out from EA.........i dont expect anything more from them in a sport with no liscenced competition

Rugby and Madden are suffering from franchise progression due to EA's monopoly in these codes.

I saw that Bioshock is made by a mob called 2K Boston and 2K Australia.

Hopefully this is a sign, of 2K presence within the commonwealth, ie start making rugby/cricket ***les for 2K sports...push EA along

Is it really that different from Madden 07? The reason I ask is that I'm now always very wary of getting any games from EA because they seem to just release the same game every year with some roster updates, and maybe a gimmick or two that never actually gets used.

It really annoys me that EA can just release the same game with a HUGE amount of bugs and glitches, with no intention of patching them.

<div class='quotemain'> Yes you are correct, you can relocate, this is good. But other than that its just shows you a bit of extra info. They originally said that it would be the same as current gen owner mode. I never bother with relocation, sounds like fun, but its tedious. You may get sponrship deal, but does it really change anything? We still dont really have any control or choices over the franchise. We just play football and watch the numbers. I personally miss being able to crank up ticket prices at playoff time and rake in the dosh. Anyway its dissapointing, but your right, it is improved a little, and i guesss thats alot for EA. Ill be gettting this one from EB, and taking back after a week if its a lemon. I got sucker punched by 07. [/b]

i read somewhere there is ticket pricing...just not food, merchandise and other things

u have ot relocate ceejay........its half the mode.........going to a town with no team, trying to muster up a franchise and bring in the crowd, bring in the moneys, as your in $100million DEBT just from the relocation costs.

Its about turning the RED into GREEN.......

I am online now so i have extra reasons to keep it....espcially considering the gameplay is improved the most

Its another cop-out from EA.........i dont expect anything more from them in a sport with no liscenced competition

Rugby and Madden are suffering from franchise progression due to EA's monopoly in these codes.

I saw that Bioshock is made by a mob called 2K Boston and 2K Australia.

Hopefully this is a sign, of 2K presence within the commonwealth, ie start making rugby/cricket ***les for 2K sports...push EA along

[/b][/quote]

Well, maybe Ill have to give relocation a decent go. Im thinking of trying to rebuild the Falcons, without vick of course.

As for this game, a complete mix of positive and negative reactions. I guess well find out on thursday.

I was really disappointed by 07 so I hope 08 isn't just the same game with updated rosters. Mate of mine had the ps2 version and loved it. When I bought it on the 360 it turned out half the options were missing! I hope they improve the general gaming options for the 360 this year, rather than just making it look pretty in HD.

My local stores in NZ are telling me that Madden on PS3 and 360 is delayed until roughly 31st of august. With, a possible further delay until mid sepetember. WTF. current gen has arrived in stock and will be released tomorrow. ??

My local stores in NZ are telling me that Madden on PS3 and 360 is delayed until roughly 31st of august. With, a possible further delay until mid sepetember. WTF. current gen has arrived in stock and will be released tomorrow. ?? [/b]

yep

i think its just X360 version

M$ dont want Bioshock and Madden released in same week.

Mid Sept thing is news to me.......but all sites moved from 23rd to 31st in the last 2 days.

sucks i know, but i can understand if its related to BIOSHOCK.

This is in australia though

Its PS3 aswell, so i guess its not coz of bioshock, as its not on PS3 is it? Itys unusal for all these EA games being delayed. PS2 version is out.

dunno mate just what i was told, i didnt look furthur

i notice EA have TW2008 sledges for 30th august also.

IMO thats wrong too.......TW hasnt been released here before september in years.

i better get madden or something next week -

You getting Bioshock? Looks great, got a great review, but im just not interested in that kind of game ATM. I want a good contact sports game. I just fired up NFL 2k5 and updated the nfl rosters. That'll do for now.

cant get bioshock

next week i am meant to be playing TW2008 and Madden.

if i had bio-shock aswell, i'd have to take annual leave

besides its not my type of game either, but i will get it eventually

that SKATE demo is freakin SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts