• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Madden Review (next gen)

Got the game. Im undecide about this. Im having real problems with weapons. I played with the cowboys, and used Marion Barber who has power back weapon, and when I get in the game he has no icon? Then the same happened with julius Jones. WTF. Its really buggin me. Any ideas?

NO IDEA DUDE

my weapons always show up man...havent had any such issues, but i havent nor will i ever use the cows.

apparently not all of the weapon icons will appear because only a certain number of them will be shown on the field at the one time. But they still function as weapons even if the icon doesn't show.

but this game is awsome, the first time in a long time that ea have come through with the goods.

i am now 8-3 in franchise..............i played 11 matches - i couldnt put it down

my rookie HB Peterson got a broken hand in pre-season, was due back in 5 weeks, but it was ****ling, so he returned in week 10 - double rehab period - rediculous i was blowing up looking for new doctors

finally made his NFL debut in week 11...................i made him my starting HB, as he is only 24yrs old with 85 rating already.

so i dropped Chester Taylor, and in comes Peterson fresh back from injury, and puts in a 80yd runnning game...........already making an impact

and i brought him back early........it said i should wait another week, i told them to get lost, he was due back week 5, ur conditioning jobs will be reviewed in the off-season, i am looking for new conditioners............back early, and stayed injury free

But when i played league leaders San Diego with Ladanian Thomlenson (sp)...................i got my game handed to me..............but i think i can seek payback with Peterson in the team, come superbowl time!!!!!!!!

I gotto admit - the features are still lacking compared to prior maddens - franchise mode is still next gen franchise with limited options......but within the actual 60mins of pure pigskin action.....Madden 2008 is the best of the lot!!

Not since 2001, do i feel i need to simulate, because each match is orchastraed to a script...........2008, i play every game, as each game does play differeny..........its the offset i will accept, whereas i loved setting my prices and pushing profits, now i like tackling and throwing Td's again.

One day i can do both.......but i am happy to be back on the field!!!!!

If some weapons dont show on the field, then that defeats the entire purpose of the weapon system dosent it?! Do you guys know what the energy bars next to a players weapon mean (in roster managment.)

I havent started a franchise with anyone yet. I wont start untill I realise what the hell is going on with weapons.

Am still undecided, Ive scored some puch the air touchdowns, but passing is way hard, DBs can see through the back of their helmets!

Sorted out the weapn thing lol. It turns out they didnt hav weapons. It was just showing me their weapon progression. This game is tough and frusstrating, but when you make a big play its just too awsome. I cant stop. My biggest gripe is bullshit vacum cleaner picks. At one stage I was getting more picks that receptions per game Havent had a fumble problem, I used cover ball on my first two runnig plays and I fumble on both, and havent covered the ball since and havent had a problem.

I started a Franchise with the panthers and finshed my first season 9-7-0 and just missed the playoffs. This year I traded David Carr and to draft picks for Matt Leinart, picked up an a o line weapon in the off season and I have several players im training who will emerge as weapons this year. Im loving this part of the game, weapons and training make a difference. Defence is tough. you really need shut down corners, but I cannot succeed in the corner training drill!

I got this over the weekend and am loving it. The new animation system is top class, so hopefully they will start using this 'branching' system in all EA sports games from now on.

It is very tough, but I would rather that than being too easy. It does make it very satisfying when you do unlock the D with a great play...

Ive changed the interception sliders, it makes a difference, but if you though a bad pass, it will get picked, and if you going one one on a streak with a man coverage DB and you do a bullet, you will get picked off. Its tough, but you learn what not to do. I m playing on all pro.

Here are the worst thing about the gameplay for me:

regular tackles produce bigger hits that the hit stick.

Hit stick 2.0 is useless unless your a big hitter, or want to hit a reciever in the air.

Huge wrap tackle hits dont have sound.

Ball detection issues when running with the ball. It just floats in the middle of their forearm.

3rd down magic plays by the ai. This has been a problem in every madden though.

Some weapon training progression dosent work.

Other that these things, im having lots of fun. Im in the second year of my franchise and am at 4-0-0 this time!!

i love this game...

in my 4th season now - vikes started at 83 overall
i won SB in 1st year - played all games
simulated 2nd year for 9-7 - my front office and scouting skills are showing
vikes go from 83 to 86 in overall
simulated 3rd year for 9-7 - made playoffs, but lost to ravens (gutted)
vikes go from 86-88 in overall
4th year am in front office ready to throw the cheque book around

All my WR's are 79-81 - the most experienced is 3rd year, so i have a young crop of receivers shaping up well - its time to get a QB

Built around my running game - A Peterson now up to 91 as HB, and my O line is OH OH SO GOOD

for thos wondering - i simulate regular season, and play playoffs if i make it.....i want to do it this way to gauge my scouting prowess and leave the ai control my newly drafted guns, and if i have done well, they can make playoffs and i'll take over the wheel from there...but the farkin ravens got me last night - ********

I have sussed out the off-season and its great, i can now navigate alot better between screen to ascertain my team requirements in re-signing, releasing and drafting.

started dabbling in online games and they are great too - lag free goodness

109 kick return for a TD from M. Moore!!!!!!

WHO WANTS IT MOORE!!!!!!!!

Damn you ak47!

I should be getting my copy in a few days..

I love simulating Franchises like you aswell..

What's making it worse is your using my team and making me want it.. as you would say 'Moore' :p

Cant wait :D

Damn you ak47!

I should be getting my copy in a few days..

I love simulating Franchises like you aswell..

What's making it worse is your using my team and making me want it.. as you would say 'Moore' :p

Cant wait :D [/b]

wait till you see the intro mate.........thats where the Moore pun comes in

nobody has mentioned it....it is just bells n whilstes - but the intro to Madden 2008 is the best intro to any sports game i have ever seen........i watch it every boot-up........it gets the hairs to stand on end

I will blow up if I don’t see a good dominant winning season soon, my team is very good compared to the other leading teams with records of 14-2 etc

Madden has always had an injury bug when simming, you just get nailed. All pro is tough to beat the AI until you get used to it, so exit a couple of early playoff exits. Do you sim whole season in one go? or game by game?My season is currently 9-2-0 I got 8 straight wins and then fell over. hoping to clinch soon with a win and go to playoffs for the first time. In this game speed kills, and ive never had so much fun terrorising defenses with Steve Smith. Hes my fav player and a legend in this game. He has all the recieving wapons except spec catch, and ive all most got him stiff arm weapon. I love it! my conerback was exhausted and Smith was subbed in as a cover, and he picked it for a 70 odd yard TD, and punt returns are so much fun when youve got a fast guy. Wait for the blocks to set up and then bye bye!!

I bought the game on PS2 and it's great. Due to the PlayStation2 being on its last legs, EA is done tinkering with things, and instead has honed gameplay. The result is the best Madden I've played on PlayStation2.

I have played it on PlayStation3, and I can't say I enjoy it more. It's sluggish, feels clunky, and is nowhere as enjoyable as the PS2 version. The PS2 version also has a Fantasy Challenge mode that is great fun. I'm not sure if this mode made the other versions, but it's great.

Madden has always had an injury bug when simming, you just get nailed. All pro is tough to beat the AI until you get used to it, so exit a couple of early playoff exits. Do you sim whole season in one go? or game by game?My season is currently 9-2-0 I got 8 straight wins and then fell over. hoping to clinch soon with a win and go to playoffs for the first time. In this game speed kills, and ive never had so much fun terrorising defenses with Steve Smith. Hes my fav player and a legend in this game. He has all the recieving wapons except spec catch, and ive all most got him stiff arm weapon. I love it! my conerback was exhausted and Smith was subbed in as a cover, and he picked it for a 70 odd yard TD, and punt returns are so much fun when youve got a fast guy. Wait for the blocks to set up and then bye bye!! [/b]

na i sim every 6 weeks man - i am still trying to find where the player progression is after every 6 weeks

in whats new tutorials it says

after week 6th u see GEMS or BUSTS - i know what they mean, but i cant find the GEM or BUST screen - unless it open to interpretation, and words thrown in for players progression.

Farkin injuries - if it keeps happening i'll turn them off

whats the game like on the wii?

cause i am still thinkin about the wii even though the 360 is cheaper :)

though i might go to 360, i want a decent cricket game on it though.

i love madden and still play 06 every now and again :)

<div class='quotemain'> Madden has always had an injury bug when simming, you just get nailed. All pro is tough to beat the AI until you get used to it, so exit a couple of early playoff exits. Do you sim whole season in one go? or game by game?My season is currently 9-2-0 I got 8 straight wins and then fell over. hoping to clinch soon with a win and go to playoffs for the first time. In this game speed kills, and ive never had so much fun terrorising defenses with Steve Smith. Hes my fav player and a legend in this game. He has all the recieving wapons except spec catch, and ive all most got him stiff arm weapon. I love it! my conerback was exhausted and Smith was subbed in as a cover, and he picked it for a 70 odd yard TD, and punt returns are so much fun when youve got a fast guy. Wait for the blocks to set up and then bye bye!! [/b]

na i sim every 6 weeks man - i am still trying to find where the player progression is after every 6 weeks

in whats new tutorials it says

after week 6th u see GEMS or BUSTS - i know what they mean, but i cant find the GEM or BUST screen - unless it open to interpretation, and words thrown in for players progression.

Farkin injuries - if it keeps happening i'll turn them off

[/b][/quote]

I was reading that tutorial screen, and its just says "think you can find the next tom brady in th 6th round" is this the 6 weekly progression youre talking about? coz im pretty sure that is refering to Tom Brady being drafted in round 6 of the draft and then becoming a star. nothing to to with progression sadly. Also the mention of bust and gem is just loosely talking about wether or not he will be good or bad, theres no gem or bust screen. I went searching for this stuff coz it sounde pretty cool. Let me know if this is the tutorial you are talking about.

Latest posts