</div>
<div align="center">
</div>
<div align="center">
_44831588_murrayfield_getty203.jpg

</div>
<div align="center">
</div>
<div align="center">Rugby league's Magic Weekend will move from Cardiff to Edinburgh's Murrayfield Stadium next year.
<div align="center"> The event, which sees a full round of Super League fixtures played in one city over a single weekend, will take place on 2 and 3 May 2009. </div>
<div align="center"> Edinburgh takes over on a two-year deal from Cardiff, which hosted the first two weekends in 2007 and 2008. </div>
<div align="center"> It means Edinburgh will host top-class rugby league for the first time since the 2002 Challenge Cup final. </div>
<div align="center"> Sally Bolton, the Rugby Football League's director of events and projects, said: "We are delighted to announce these new and exciting details of the Magic Weekend. </div>
<div align="center"> "After successfully introducing the concept in 2007 and 2008 and firmly establishing it in the Rugby League calendar, we believe our plans for 2009 will take the event to the next level and offer supporters a unique family entertainment experience. </div>
<div align="center"> "A number of cities had expressed an interest in hosting this event but we believe this new location has all the right ingredients to continue its development. </div>
<div align="center"> "The concept of the Magic Weekend is all about taking the sport on the road and staging the Super League in prestigious and exciting cities." </div>
<div align="center"> Gordon McKie, Scottish Rugby's chief executive, said: "We are thrilled to have secured another major sporting event for Murrayfield and Edinburgh, again underlining Scottish Rugby's commitment to hosting world class premium events at the Stadium. </div>
<div align="center"> "We are very much looking forward to working in partnership with our key stakeholders to ensure that the Magic Weekend is a tremendous success both for Edinburgh and Scotland. </div>
<div align="center"> Tickets will go on general sale to the public on Tuesday with one-day passes priced from £15 and two-day passes from £25.</div>[/b][/quote]<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center">
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/7506027.stm </div>

Appalling decision. I have this enormous dislike of Murrayfield and its well out of the city centre. I doubt I'll be attending for the next two years, what a shame.

Gutting. I went with my uni mates this year. It was really cheap and a great laugh! The Huddersfield/Warrington and Bradford/Leeds games were brilliant! What a shame it's moved. :(

My e-mail complaint has already been sent but I doubt that it will get listened to, it never does.

Latest posts