• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League Vs Guiness Premiership

for sheer low scoring games the premiership just can't compete with the Celtic League, who can forget Munster's phenomenal 3-0 win at Dubarry Park against Connacht. :p
[/b]

I pity each and every fan who watched that both from the stands and on tele that night.

luckily for the tv audience they got the Leinster Ulster match instead, a far higher scoring thriller ending 9-8 to us :p we only had to endure the highlights, of which there obviously weren't many. Only the 4500 who had the misfortune of paying endured any suffering. :lol:

A brilliant example of the type of games the Celts can produce.
I think a few people my have too much of a romanticised notion in regards to our league sometimes.

Indeed, fair enough those 2 examples were both played at Christmas in horendous weather conditions, but what do they expect at that time of year. I just get the impression that the Magner's league lacks the intensity of the premiership and Top 14, playing in Murrayfield in front of 2000 fans doesn't help, a full stadium is a rarity with most teams. Certainly not the case in France or England.

Latest posts