• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MANU SAMOA vs WESTERN FORCE

AfakasiAssasin

Academy Player
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Samoa
HALFTIME SCORE - WESTERN FORCE 18 MANU SAMOA 16 (I dont have a source to watch or listen Im getting my updates over various facebook pages)

WESTERN FORCE
1. Kieran Longbottom
2. Nathan Charles
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Sam Wykes (C)
5. Phoenix Battye
6. Angus Cottrell (Trial player)
7. Tevita Metuisela
8. Will Brock (Trial player)
9. James Stannard
10. Willie Ripia
11. Alfie Mafi
12. Rory Sidey
13. Tim Bennetts (Trial player)
14. Sam Wara (Trial player)
15. Nick Cummins

RESERVES
16. Ben Whittaker
17. Ruan Smith (Trial player)
18. Cruze Ah-Nau
19. Tom Hockings
20. Jay Havelu (Trial player)
21. Ted Postal
22. Dominic Fuller (Trial player)
23. Patrick Dellit
24. Jordan Rapana<!-- GAL -->

MANU SAMOA
1. Sakaria Taulafo
2. Ti'i Paulo
3. Census Johnston
4. Daniel Leo
5. Jonathan Fa'amatuainu
6. Alafoti Faosiliva
7. Manaia Salave’a
8. Ofisa Treviranus
9. Brenton Helleur
10. Tasesa Lavea
11. David Lemi
12. Johnny Leota
13. Seilala Mapusua (Captain)
14. Fautua Otto
15. James So'oialo

RESERVES
Simon Lemalum, Ole Avei, Logovi'i Mulipola, Filipo Lavea-Levi, Joe Tekori, Ezra Taylor, Maurie Fa'asavalu, George Stowers, Lautua Su'a, Jeremy Su’a, Fa'atonu Fili, Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu, Alesana Tuilagi, Paul Williams
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

First half Try scorers
Western Force
Sam Wara, Nick Cummins
Manu Samoa
James So'oialo, Alafoti Faosiliva

Second half Try scorers
Manu Samoa
Ole Avei'i, Jeremy Su'a, Alesana Tuilagi

Good win for Samoa RWC preparations. Seems like the impact players coming off the bench in the 2nd half did exactly that, make an impact on the game. Well done boys, lets keep up the momentum. Hope to find a good report on the game to see how the fringe players for the Manu Samoa performed.

Just goes to show that Samoa depth is not there in certain areas. Even though Samoa were a weakened side they still had enough experience in the team that should have romped past Western Force development side. With the amount of points conceeded defense and discipline seemed to be an issue.

Interesting to see what team they put out this week. No doubt they'll probably field there strongest team as the world cup squad is named on Tuesday and time has run out for those trialling for the squad.

Be interesting who stood out from this B-team to warrant selection in the squad.

Fortunately in WC teams like Samoa basically play there best XV in each game. The difference between best XV and next is huge as a whole although one or two changes shouldnt make a huge difference. I just hope they all fit

Just goes to show that Samoa depth is not there in certain areas. Even though Samoa were a weakened side they still had enough experience in the team that should have romped past Western Force development side. With the amount of points conceeded defense and discipline seemed to be an issue.

Interesting to see what team they put out this week. No doubt they'll probably field there strongest team as the world cup squad is named on Tuesday and time has run out for those trialling for the squad.
Yes they probably shouldve won by more, Indiscipline seemed to be the issue in this game and its something that really needs to be stamped out of our game if we are to go far in the RWC. I disagree though, I think they'll be doing more experimenting as these are just RWC warm ups and I feel they need to be giving the fringe players more opportunity to fight for their RWC spot while resting the guys already guaranteed a RWC spot. I mentioned in the other Samoa thread that I felt that there is 16 players almost guaranteed to go leaving about 14 spots up for grabs for the final Samoa RWC squad so there is still opportunity for the other guys to step up and book there place in the final squad. The next game will be their last chance to do so so I think they'll rest most of their key players as they are not required.

Yes they probably shouldve won by more, Indiscipline seemed to be the issue in this game and its something that really needs to be stamped out of our game if we are to go far in the RWC. I disagree though, I think they'll be doing more experimenting as these are just RWC warm ups and I feel they need to be giving the fringe players more opportunity to fight for their RWC spot while resting the guys already guaranteed a RWC spot. I mentioned in the other Samoa thread that I felt that there is 16 players almost guaranteed to go leaving about 14 spots up for grabs for the final Samoa RWC squad so there is still opportunity for the other guys to step up and book there place in the final squad. The next game will be their last chance to do so so I think they'll rest most of their key players as they are not required.

Unfortunately todays game was the last chance for fringe players to push for a world cup place. Samoa name there world cup squad on Monday Samoan time. The next game against the force next week will be the final chance to assimilate players into the style they want to use in the world cup. 'm expecting a full strength Samoan team.

Really? They shouldve booked these games earlier then if next weeks game is past the cut off date for the RWC squads to be announced

without the benefit of seeing the game and/or reading any reports one good thing is the 2nd half

Latest posts