• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mario! What gives?

L

Los Lover

On the sidhe site you offer a free controller with the game if you pre-order it BEFORE September the 8th.....

Yet you have no confirmed release date (yet you have September emblazoned everywhere in a blatant form of arousal).....

Um.....

That is a little rich if you ask me.

Consumers having to commit by the seduction/enticement (extortion) of a controller to a totally uncommitted time-frame....

Like I said,

What gives?

It's september - stop being completely silly.

Originally posted by sambad5@Sep 2 2005, 08:52 PM
dont rush them dude. do you want another rugby 2005?
That brings back bad memories....

I bought both rugby 04 and 05, and they were both supposed to be the best rugby game around at the time.

I'm waiting before I buy any rugby game in future!

Originally posted by harrison2468+Sep 2 2005, 08:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Sep 2 2005, 08:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Sep 2 2005, 08:52 PM

I bought both rugby 04 and 05, and they were both supposed to be the best rugby game around at the time.

I'm waiting before I buy any rugby game in future! [/b]
yeah thats my story

the real reason im not going to buy it on the first day is becasue im poor
<

Originally posted by sambad5+Sep 2 2005, 08:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Sep 2 2005, 08:59 PM)</div>
Originally posted by harrison2468@Sep 2 2005, 08:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Sep 2 2005, 08:52 PM

I'm waiting before I buy any rugby game in future!
yeah thats my story

the real reason im not going to buy it on the first day is becasue im poor
<
[/b]
You could sell Rugby 2004 and Rugby 2005 to raise some dosh...
<

Reason I aint gonna buy this is because Ill have used up my gaming budget.

Madden 06, NHL and NBA 2K6 all Come out within around 2 months of each other, as well as I had to pay extra to get NCAA 06 from Aussie Land.

Maybe Christmas Time... Or March 2006.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Sep 2 2005, 11:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 2 2005, 11:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Sep 2 2005, 08:59 AM

yeah thats my story
It's many people's story, although I avoided R2005. [/b]
You can have mine!

Go on take it.... it won't bite!

For free, go on, have it!

Please...

Ummm, it was just a joke.

You can have 2004 though if you pay for delivery. That is serious.

No thank you, I farmed that out as part of the deal for the original Rugby League!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 3 2005, 01:37 AM
No thank you, I farmed that out as part of the deal for the original Rugby League!
<
Didn't fall for the bait!

Who took 2004 as part of the deal? Think it's worth about £5 new nowadays!

GAME

They gave me £12 for it but I'd only had it for a month. Kept me busy-ish until RL came out.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 2 2005, 01:03 AM
On the sidhe site you offer a free controller with the game if you pre-order it BEFORE September the 8th.....

Yet you have no confirmed release date (yet you have September emblazoned everywhere in a blatant form of arousal).....

Um.....

That is a little rich if you ask me.

Consumers having to commit by the seduction/enticement (extortion) of a controller to a totally uncommitted time-frame....

Like I said,

What gives?

It's september - stop being completely silly.
<

Extortion? Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to preorder.

Geez, HES provide the fans with a great free gift and somebody has to find a way to put a negative spin on it
<

If you are uncomfortable to preorder without a release date, then don't. Simple as that.

the 8th of september is proabbly an estimate of when the retailers think the game would go gold or enter production.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Geez, HES provide the fans with a great free gift and somebody has to find a way to put a negative spin on it
<

If you are uncomfortable to preorder without a release date, then don't.  Simple as that.[/b]

oh yes how nice is HES
<

your the PR person so you should be saying preorder this game
this game is good preorder it.

Look, obviously the controller is a marketing tool, to 'help' people preorder, but I agree with Mario, if you have problems with preordering, don't do it. But if you want the controller....

Latest posts