Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Connor O'Shea

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Jim Mallinder

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Matt Dawson shares his love for Rob Andrew,

Speaking on Radio 5 live, Dawson also criticised the RFU's director of elite rugby Rob Andrew for his performance in the press conference which confirmed Johnson's departure.

Dawson said: "We should be able to discuss what role Rob Andrew has, and what he has done badly. And simply nobody knows. That is not good enough.
"For him to say the things he did in his press conference - referring to Martin Johnson straight away when asked about his own future - was an absolute disgrace. He's not just in a hole, he's in the middle of a volcano."

Two new positions have now been filled Tindall was offered the job as party and events manager, Jono is to be the designated driver and team chaperone.
biggrin.gif

I can't see Henry coaching England. As mentioned, if he wanted to continue coaching international rugby he'd have been offered a fair bit to stay in the All Blacks. He's a very good coach, but at 65 years old there is a slight gamble in a high pressure job like England head coach. I do think he just wants to earn a ton of money doing consultancy work.

As also mentioned, Cockerill and Mallett (who does not want it) are not the right coaches going forwards, and I'd lump Jake White in there as well. Playing a forward game with out any flair in the backline will not put bumbs on seats and it's looking less and less likely to win matches consistantly.

It does seem like no brainer to me. Mallinder is clearly the best man for England going forward. He knows how to manage and create exciting new talent and there isn't any part of how he coaches Northampton that would see England move backwards in terms of progress. I certainly think England under Mallinder will dominate a French team lead by Philippe Saint-Andre (which is certainly a step to the conservative style).

Connor O'Shea is a good coach, and he's done wonders for the Quins at the moment, but it would be a knee-jerk reaction to sign him. That, and I don't want to see the Quins without him.

Really can't see any coach of note wanting to take on the job as long as they were responsible to "teflon" Robb Andrew instead of directly to the RFU Board.

Can anyone imagine Sir Alec Ferguson being happy with a "Director of Football" between him and the board.

The sooner Andrew is given the DCM, the better off England rugby will be.

I am wondering, if Dean Richards hadn't blotted his copybook with "Bloodgate", would he be in line for the England job? I'd be interested to hear from some poster who are more in touch with England rugby.

I saw yesterday that Henry has said he wants to stay in NZ and work "lower down" the coaching chain - so mentoring younger players etc.
I believe The Blues was the team being thrown about a bit, with regards to where he may end up

I wonder if Rob Andrew is actually aware how everyone in the rugby world hates him, or if he's that big-headed that he just doesn't realise

I am wondering, if Dean Richards hadn't blotted his copybook with "Bloodgate", would he be in line for the England job? I'd be interested to hear from some poster who are more in touch with England rugby.
I believe so - I think he'd be up there with Mallinder, and I'd be happy to see him in the role, to be honest
It's obviously hard to guess at what his fortunes would have been like without the ban, he could have run Quins in to the ground, but I think he's a good coach

Jim Mallinder seems to be almost a foregone conclusion in a lot of peoples eyes (especially the papers), however I can't see him just leaving Northampton at the drop of a hat - He's not won anything big (HEC/Prem) with them, so he has unfinished business, in a way
To coach your country is obviously a pretty big deal, but I'm not so sure if he'd just drop all of his responsibilities so quickly

Last edited:
Dean Ryan? At least he should be forwards coach, been pretty impressive analysing on Sky Sports and developed good youth at Glous. Only problem is his team couldn't win finals.

Why the hell did they not get Shaun Edwards in as part of the set up when he was without a club or country - perhaps Rob Andrew (who my girlfriend who has never seen him before and knows very little about rugby decribed as a jobsworth, brilliant) was doing one of his other jobs perhaps cleaning the RFU toilets or maybe hanging Martin Johnson out to dry yesterday afternoon.

As for the job as head coach, I'd like to see an Englaisn man at the very top he would be Clive Woodward and a head coach under him Jim Mallinder, then as defencive coach perhaps a quality coach with a proven track record and international experience if only somebody like that had become available.

I can't see why he wouldn't, and I think there's a good chance it'll be him

I can't see why he wouldn't, and I think there's a good chance it'll be him

He'll be a lot cheaper than the other candidates that's for sure. Hope this happens, we'll get hear O'Sullivans amazing interviews again.