RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Hi Guys,

So I need feedback please. I have seen the past few weeks that some of the match threads doesn't have a single response, like the Brumbies vs. Rebels match this past weekend.

So I want to know from the members what's their opinion on this matter. Here's a poll if you want to vote.

Cheers,

TRF_Heineken

Voted for all in one. Right now it's unnecessary admin that you have to go through every week to make so many threads when some aren't commented on.

Voted for all in one. Right now it's unnecessary admin that you have to go through every week to make so many threads when some aren't commented on.

Thanx for voting!

The thing is that it's not that much additional admin for me. I'm happy to do either method, it's just something me and another Mod have been discussing so I thought I'd hear what the rest of the members opinion is on the matter.

^^^^^^
What he said. Just put it all in a "Week [x]" thread and keep the admin burden to a minimum.

P.S. Keep up the good work.

Okay,

So let me do it for this upcoming weekend's matches as a test run, and see if it's up to everyone's satisfaction.

I used to do singular matches for all the Aviva games but found the same as yourself (minimal-to-no posts in a number of threads)
Since moving to an all encompassing thread there's a lot more conversation, especially between fans of different sides who haven't seen every game of the round so wouldn't have been in every thread

Honestly, it's not particularly motivating to post when you know how low the number of posts will be, especially if you don't have much to say (I only partially watched the Rebels match and even then couldn't give it my full attention, so I couldn't have written an in-depth comment). So one thread is fine for me.

I like this new format but have one request. Is it possible to have the table as it stands before the round posted at the top before the fixtures? I get pretty behind watching the games sometimes and would love to see the table as it was for that round. Also it will become an invaluable resource for future generations of super rugby historians!

Thanks for all the hard work you already put in.

I like this new format but have one request. Is it possible to have the table as it stands before the round posted at the top before the fixtures? I get pretty behind watching the games sometimes and would love to see the table as it was for that round. Also it will become an invaluable resource for future generations of super rugby historians!

Thanks for all the hard work you already put in.

The table is updated as the matches are completed as far as I know. So if you look at the table on let's say a Thursday, it will be before any match was played that coming weekend.

Or do you want a table just for that weekend's matches??

Yeah I thought it might be good to have a picture of the table as it was before that round is played, rather than the actual updated table. So if you were to go look at the round 5 thread, it would have the table as it was updated after round 4.
I realise this might only be a problem for me because I watch a lot of games a week or two after they are played without knowing the results but it might also be a nice way to archive how the table changes over a season.
Thanks.

Yeah I thought it might be good to have a picture of the table as it was before that round is played, rather than the actual updated table. So if you were to go look at the round 5 thread, it would have the table as it was updated after round 4.
I realise this might only be a problem for me because I watch a lot of games a week or two after they are played without knowing the results but it might also be a nice way to archive how the table changes over a season.
Thanks.

Is math not your strong point?

I don't think anyone would want to take on that job, specifically as it would cause more confusion than anything on this forum as some who are late to the party might take that particular table as the correct one instead of the updated one.

I think by sticking with one table and it being updated as we progress is the best way to go about.

Latest posts