• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matt Giteau.. the best inside centre?

Giteau is one of my favourites centres out there... He's one of those centres who canact as an alternative kicker, supporting the fly-half. He's fast, intelligent and seems to understant the game perfectly, with great vision of play.
But I personally prefer Felipe Contepomi as the best inside centre, regardless of his nationality (i'm also an argie)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> matt giteau will be up there soon but jauzion is definitly the best atm :) [/b]

The same Jauzion who's been ripped to little, tennie weenie shreds whenever he's faced McAlister?
[/b][/quote]

Like the last time when McAlister was sent in the bin for obstruction, and the allegedly best team in the world lost the plot completely ? :lol2tn: Yep, that's him. :bleh!:
[/b][/quote]

Ignore the fact that he once again ripped Jauzion to shreds in the first half and the only way he was stopped was when Jauzion did a soccer style flop to get him sin binned.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> matt giteau will be up there soon but jauzion is definitly the best atm :) [/b]

The same Jauzion who's been ripped to little, tennie weenie shreds whenever he's faced McAlister?
[/b][/quote]

Like the last time when McAlister was sent in the bin for obstruction, and the allegedly best team in the world lost the plot completely ? :lol2tn: Yep, that's him. :bleh!:
[/b][/quote]

Ignore the fact that he once again ripped Jauzion to shreds in the first half and the only way he was stopped was when Jauzion did a soccer style flop to get him sin binned.
[/b][/quote]

If you watch the game again (painful, I know ) you'll see that McAlister deliberately changed his running line to obstruct Jauzion. If not, why was he runnig sideways instead of back ? :bleh!:

It's only the New Zealanders who believe McAlister did nothing wrong.
But it's understandable. It was a huge game and the sin binning had a big effect on the final score.

It's only the New Zealanders who believe McAlister did nothing wrong.
But it's understandable. It was a huge game and the sin binning had a big effect on the final score.
[/b]

I know. Just responding to Ripper little dart on Jauzion ... :D

Sin Binning or no sin binning, McAlister still dominated Jauzion until he was shifted to Fly Half, just like at Lyon a year earlier.

The problem with this topic's ***le/question "Matt Giteau.. the best inside centre?" is that its likely Matt Giteau will never play inside centre again. He is the Western Force fly-half and is tipped to be the Wallabie's fly-half as well. Also, it seems the majority want Berrick Barnes to be groomed as a scrum-half or inside centre to make way for Giteau.

It looks like the topic ***le question is now void.

Yeah, and the AB's are the best team in the World... Whatever... [/b]
Who is the best team in the world then Charles? Surely the only answer you can give is South Africa.

Also, who do you think is the best centre? If not McAlister, then who? (Please don't mention a Frenchman)

Who is the best team in the world then Charles? Surely the only answer you can give is South Africa.[/b]

I agree. All Blacks are the best, always have been. They get the occassional beating by SA and AUS, and always choke at world cups, whether it be due to pressure or forward passes i will never know. But based on overall quality, flair, and above all, skill, they are the best.
(Even though when it comes to talented individuals, i think South Africa are the Best *at the moment*)

The French are just sour because no matter what they do, they cant seem to beat the English...
As far as Giteau goes, he is fantastic anyhere. The thread might as well be ***led Giteau the best flyhalf/centre/wing/fullback/scrumhalf in the world. He is a great player. The best Australia has.

So, in my opinion, the best centre?.....Hmmmm i would have to say Francois Steyn. Sure, he is young, and a little inexperienced, but can you imagine what this guy will be like in 3 years time at 2011 if he gets proper training, and actually stays in one position?

I personally think France are the most overrated team, and Wales are the most Underrated (By the Southern Hemisphere at least). I mean, Wales have done brilliantly, but it is still very hard to see them actually have a shot against NZ or SA, when they probably have a pretty good one (at home at least) :rolleyes:

melon: Who said Barnes could be moved to scrum half?

Jericho: Wales always seem to play rubbish when not in the Six Nations (most of the time) hence why they are under-rated by the SH, because they never turn up when playing us in the south. Also I agree with Steyn, he will be an absolute star considering how young he is.

melon: Who said Barnes could be moved to scrum half? [/b]
Plenty of people. Would you like me to go digging through the news sites? :)

The reason this has been mentioned is that Giteau, according to the majority, is the preferred fly-half for the Wallabies. As a result, if Barnes is playing well enough to warrant a position in the Wallabies line-up it will either be at inside centre or scrum-half. Myself, I'd prefer to see Barnes have a crack at inside centre, and if that doesn't work then he should be on the bench to cover 9, 10, 12. I don't think he should be groomed to be a starting #9, because we have plenty of talent there already...they just need to be nutured. In my opinion, he's either a 12 now, or a ultility player on the bench (providing Giteau is shifted to 10 full time of course).

The problem with this topic's ***le/question "Matt Giteau.. the best inside centre?" is that its likely Matt Giteau will never play inside centre again. He is the Western Force fly-half and is tipped to be the Wallabie's fly-half as well. Also, it seems the majority want Berrick Barnes to be groomed as a scrum-half or inside centre to make way for Giteau.

It looks like the topic ***le question is now void.

<div class='quotemain'> Yeah, and the AB's are the best team in the World... Whatever... [/b]
Who is the best team in the world then Charles? Surely the only answer you can give is South Africa.

Also, who do you think is the best centre? If not McAlister, then who? (Please don't mention a Frenchman) [/b][/quote]

I agreed totally that Giteau is the best IC around now. The Jauzion stuff was between me and Ripper. McAlister has the step, the skills, he just lacks a little bit of grey matter between the ears, which Jauzion doesn't (agronomical ingeneer). Btw Ripper, have you ever seen Jauzion play with Toulouse ? How many times have you actually seen him play ?

Yeah, and the AB's are the best team in the World... Whatever... [/b]

So in other words, you got nothing?

And what's Jauzions performances with Toulouse (a club team which play's against... other club teams) got to do with the fact McAlister has ripped him apart on multiple occasions? I'll show you some footage of Caleb Ralph looking like the man for the Crusaders, does that mean I can make the case Caleb Ralph > Whatever Northern winger is getting overhyped this week.

<div class='quotemain'> Yeah, and the AB's are the best team in the World... Whatever... [/b]

And what's Jauzions performances with Toulouse (a club team which play's against... other club teams) got to do with the fact McAlister has ripped him apart on multiple occasions? I'll show you some footage of Caleb Ralph looking like the man for the Crusaders, does that mean I can make the case Caleb Ralph > Whatever Northern winger is getting overhyped this week. [/b][/quote]

What do you mean I got nothing ? That was irony , if you didn't get that. Anyway, you think McAlister is better than Jauzion (that you have seen play maybe 4/5 times), I think it's not the case because McAlister is a stupid instinct player. I don't think we're going any further than that, so I'll give it a rest. You've never seen any Toulouse game then, aye ? Well it's sad because you'd understand exactly where I come from.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Yeah, and the AB's are the best team in the World... Whatever... [/b]

And what's Jauzions performances with Toulouse (a club team which play's against... other club teams) got to do with the fact McAlister has ripped him apart on multiple occasions? I'll show you some footage of Caleb Ralph looking like the man for the Crusaders, does that mean I can make the case Caleb Ralph > Whatever Northern winger is getting overhyped this week. [/b][/quote]

What do you mean I got nothing ? That was irony , if you didn't get that. Anyway, you think McAlister is better than Jauzion (that you have seen play maybe 4/5 times), I think it's not the case because McAlister is a stupid instinct player. I don't think we're going any further than that, so I'll give it a rest. You've never seen any Toulouse game then, aye ? Well it's sad because you'd understand exactly where I come from.
[/b][/quote]

So its like saying Jauzion got schooled by a stupid instinct player? lol jokes buddy no beef :bleh!:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Yeah, and the AB's are the best team in the World... Whatever... [/b]

[/b][/quote]

So what your saying, Jauzion is better than McAlister because he play's good when he's playing club centres rather than facing McAlister? And yeah, i've watched Toulouse games, so what. Like I said, does that mean I can tell you go watch Crusaders games and therefore, Caleb Ralph must be better than Clerc. Your grasping at very, very large straws if your telling to me to watch club games to counteract him getting teared apart in international games on multiple occasions by the same player.

Which, stupid instinct player or not, McAlister has got the better of him whenever they've played.

matt giteu is the best #12 in my opinion at the moment
he is the complete package

well im gonna say contepomi just for the surreal amount of flair he plays with. by the looks of things gordon d'arcy may really struggle to get back in this leinster outfit, although alot of that is due to the outstanding form of johnny sexton at 10 not just dr.phil

It's between Giteau, Mcalister and Jauzion. I think they'd all play equally as good if they were playing behind an equal pack. It's hard to compare them though, since they have such contrasting styles of play; Jauzion the big bruiser who makes the yards, Mcalister who can pick great lines and is also very strong, and Giteau who is more of a subtle player, quite like (dare I say it.....), uhm, a certain Welshman.

Latest posts