• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maybe Pt4

The whole point of moderators is to keep an eye on the board. Admin aren't really here to do that, although I'm only admin to help Umo as Dom is busy these days. Mods are not Nazis, I think we all do an absolutely superb job, it's just that people don't realise it.

Therefore, mods can issue warnings and stuff without asking Umo. I'm just a glorified mod, I don't profess to be the boss. A ban would be a different story though, that would probably need a unanimous decision.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Oct 19 2005, 09:51 PM
Yes but, a perfect upstanding citizen on the TRF community such as myself may have say, 1000 posts, and a trolling, spamming little **** such as you sambad may also have 1000 posts, and we are 'ranked' the same?

Personally, I don't really care much for the ranking system, though, and I could do without, or a whole new system altogther.
Thats why we all lover Kaftker. He is so full of humour that there is now way Sambad could take that seriously.

Lets all have a Kaftker appreciation day.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Oct 19 2005, 08:38 PM
Well yes. It could be like the warn system couldn't it? Only the member and mods etc. can see it, not other members? Because no doubt there will be people who treasure their post count like a son.

Possibility?
Why would people cherish a post count??, If people think along those lines I think we definitely need to remove the post count don't you think??

I guess its a prestige thing, makes them feel big.

I must say, I do see why people have been shitty with me lately, I dont really read the forum fully, just skim through most topics and read what regulars have to say, but I had a good flick around tonight and is getting a bit out of hand.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Oct 19 2005, 08:51 PM
Yes but, a perfect upstanding citizen on the TRF community such as myself may have say, 1000 posts, and a trolling, spamming little **** such as you sambad may also have 1000 posts, and we are 'ranked' the same?
ouch, and i thought I was the firery ginga around here
<

im going to go now
<

and to think i once loved you kaftka, those days are well and gone my old friend...

ok my main point was to get awarded one my the mods, not nessacarly get one from a nunber of posts like the current reigm.
although i do confess, before i became a regular here, i did kindof care about a post count, but as i matured, i realised, yeah, people are gonna hate me even if i do have a substantail post count

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 19 2005, 08:58 PM

I must say, I do see why people have been shitty with me lately, I dont really read the forum fully, just skim through most topics and read what regulars have to say, but I had a good flick around tonight and is getting a bit out of hand.
i think the difference between now and when I joined (at the end of the very first TRF)is the amount of posting in the "off topic" areas............check out the recent threads posted in and you'll clearly see what I'm talking about......

.....are members really past talking rugby, league etc?? have we run out of things to say??

Ideas??

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..+Oct 19 2005, 08:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (..::ERIC::.. @ Oct 19 2005, 08:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Oct 19 2005, 09:51 PM

Personally, I don't really care much for the ranking system, though, and I could do without, or a whole new system altogther.
Thats why we all lover Kaftker. He is so full of humour that there is now way Sambad could take that seriously. [/b]
Read his post. Way to make me feel bad.
<

Originally posted by ERIC

Finally, a day off...

...And NZL_fan, I don't know why people love post counts, but I have read somewhere that they do. I do think post counts should be got rid of, but I was just adding to what ripper said...Which, I think is a fair way of doing it. That way people don't judge one another on how many posts someone has, but they can still be proud of the fact the they have 1000+

...On second thought, maybe it is a good idea to lose the post count completely.

I've tried to make the off topic area a hive of activity. To get a good community going. And if that had taken off, I would have presumed that people would expand out into the rugby sections. Maybe I'm too pro-active.

People need to talk about rugby.

Originally posted by NZL fan+Oct 19 2005, 09:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Oct 19 2005, 09:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Oct 19 2005, 08:58 PM

i think the difference between now and when I joined (at the end of the very first TRF)is the amount of posting in the "off topic" areas............check out the recent threads posted in and you'll clearly see what I'm talking about......

.....are members really past talking rugby, league etc?? have we run out of things to say??

Ideas?? [/b]
Start deleting stuff, I have repented my sins and say become tightarses which I have made you out to be.

Now Im off to bed, Cross Country at 7 fricking 30 am, so early start.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 19 2005, 09:08 PM
I've tried to make the off topic area a hive of activity. To get a good community going. And if that had taken off, I would have presumed that people would expand out into the rugby sections. Maybe I'm too pro-active.

People need to talk about rugby.
Well, you certainly seem to be the most pro-active staff member here. I was so sure that IMO would have taken off more than it did as well while we are (sort of) on the matter. I guess people are just lazy.
<

I think that the activity in the off-topic is good, even though it does get a bit mental at times. So is the gaming section. It's where we should be at. But for some reason people don't like posting in the rugby sections.

Maybe if more articles are quoted (from other sites) that are interesting, this will lead to more discussion? Sort of like having a little news centre where people can have a scan through the happenings in the world of rugby?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Oct 19 2005, 09:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Oct 19 2005, 09:07 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 19 2005, 08:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Oct 19 2005, 09:51 PM

Thats why we all lover Kaftker. He is so full of humour that there is now way Sambad could take that seriously.
Read his post. Way to make me feel bad.
<

Originally posted by ERIC

Finally, a day off...

...And NZL_fan, I don't know why people love post counts, but I have read somewhere that they do. I do think post counts should be got rid of, but I was just adding to what ripper said...Which, I think is a fair way of doing it. That way people don't judge one another on how many posts someone has, but they can still be proud of the fact the they have 1000+

...On second thought, maybe it is a good idea to lose the post count completely. [/b]
Post counts were removed from the Sidhe forums - and that place has taken a dive - HOWEVER I believe that is due in part because good members/quality posters are therefore not recognised (ie. everybody is treated as a newbie)..............

....we could fix that with the Mods agreeing (by consensus) to award "senior" members with there own ***les..........

i think the reason why people arnt posting rugby, is because there is only the npc being played. the main nz posters dont post too much on the npc, so no-one else can really comment on it. the super 12/14 gets more posts, but remember when the lions were here, alot of posting about it then. between internationals there will always be a drout of sorts, and if we dont bounce back from a lack of rugby, then our standards slip slowly, and then we get into a mess like it is now.

we need to have a short term answer to the problem then when the internationals start, the senior members of the forum need to start some serious topics, some serious disscussion, and get some rugby in that way. this is a bloody good site, and although the off-topic segment of it is blossoming, a little too much, and is spilling over to other parts of the forum, a little triming of the hedges will do us good.

Just adding to my post just before:

Maybe if more articles are quoted (from other sites) that are interesting, this will lead to more discussion? Sort of like having a little news centre where people can have a scan through the happenings in the world of rugby?We are a rugby forum, so we should really be talking about rugby. Rugby News is our main source of discussion, so one thread a week relating to Steve Walsh being suspended etc. doesn't really cut it for a place like this.

It's easy enough saying it of course.

Meh, I've had enough. I'm off to bed to watch Sportscafe. 'Night.

I agree that we need to be using articles. There is NEVER nothing to talk about but you wouldn't think it.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 19 2005, 09:14 PM
Post counts were removed from the Sidhe forums - and that place has taken a dive - HOWEVER I believe that is due in part because good members/quality posters are therefore not recognised (ie. everybody is treated as a newbie)..............

....we could fix that with the Mods agreeing (by consensus) to award "senior" members with there own ***les..........
yeah that was the point i was attempting to make.

lets say its the npc.

we have the "premier division" where we have people like i dinno, kaftka, eric, chiro, ripper etc, and then a 2nd division with the rest (me = north otago
<
)

and when the premier division gets too crowded, then we could expand it to 3 divisions etc... but we will cross that bridge if/when we come to it

Seems like the same thing I brought up along with NZL fan not long ago in another thread. Rather than the post count just have respect, perhaps ***les for members. No action was taken on this, but I think the idea probably holds some value.

Alot of people seem to think whoever has a big post count is a senior member and one who contributes well to the forum, and such things can cause arguments among members as to who's "elite" and who's not.

I don't want to point fingers of course, but there are also members who post large amounts of one line posts contributing nothing more than a downgrading remark, or a lame joke. Not only this but threads more often than not deteriorate into such things as jokes about peoples mothers. Real funny jokes those.

I hope something will be done, but will not complain if not, the forum is still enjoyable.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 19 2005, 09:14 AM
That's the best idea of the lot.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 19 2005, 04:09 PM
i want to have sex with my hand
And for that, you can have a 10% warning. This forum is virtually lying in state, and you're ******* about.
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<