• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maybe Pt4

An Tarbh is in Paris, me and SFW are in England, the rest are in New Zealand, so it's rare we're all on together.

Oh, of course. Sorry AT.

Must be hard.

How do you guys have a meeting?? on MSN ??

There's a special staff forum that only staff can see, so we're posting in there as and when we're about. We have a lot to discuss, the meeting could go on till monday as I'm away for the weekend.

Want me to take over
<

There probably won't be anything left when you came back.

The meeting is extremely positive at the moment, we're going to deal with a whole load of problems all at once. As NZL Fan has said, there will be massive, positive changes.

Sounds excellent, can't wait for the changes to kick in, maybe this place will be more interesting and more members will want to visit more often. I visit at least once a day, and don't see many apart from a few a time.

Could be a good move for TRF.

It's going to make or break TRF. I made an offer to buy TRF yesterday, but Dom, understandably wasn't interested. Therefore, in his absence, it's up to the current team to make the changes and implement them quickly and efficiently. I trust we will have the backing of the majority of the members on this.

Ok, ive been warned and suspended for cracking a joke, I honestly didn’t think that that was the problem on the rugbyforum. I didn’t think I offended anyone and I think this is extremely harsh when there are people cracking much worse and malicious jokes on a regular basis. And if spammings the reason for my temp ban then what about all the other spammers, and the what does it may you think of topic, if that’s not a shameless way to boost the post count I don’t know what is.
On a more lighter note I have decided to leave the rugbyforum, I find that I can know longer continue to post on this forum, I have been making an effort to curb down my anti English ways, and have found escape from this by applying an element of non malicious comedy.

I would like to thank a few people for making my stay on the rugby forum a mostly enjoyable one:kaftka,captain America,Gay Guy, Wally, St Helens(even though I think he unfairly suspended me â€" ill still look at him with a fond retrospective) An Tarbh, Donbilly

Im sorry if ive left anyone out. Its been a lot of mixed feelings being part of this community, and once again thanks for the memories, but I think its time for me to leave, and join other forums, like planet rugby, where maybe I can start fresh and people wont judge me on past misdemeanours.

Loratadine â€" “Everyones favourite Welshman€

Violin%20Virtuoso%201%20small.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist it!

I'd actually like to ask Lora to reconsider and stay on, but i'm not driving to Wales to hug him.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 20 2005, 01:05 PM
Ok, ive been warned and suspended for cracking a joke, I honestly didn’t think that that was the problem on the rugbyforum. I didn’t think I offended anyone and I think this is extremely harsh when there are people cracking much worse and malicious jokes on a regular basis.
Totally wrong time and place. It wasn't funny, and you have the comic timing of a dead fish. The ban was deserved, leaving is entriely your choice.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 20 2005, 01:35 PM
Totally wrong time and place. It wasn't funny, and you have the comic timing of a dead fish. The ban was deserved, leaving is entriely your choice.
To a word, exactly.

I have e-mailed him and told him why I suspended him, but I'm not apologising and I've told him to come back if he wants, but the "I'll leave if..." posts WILL stop, and that taking the **** at the fall and fall of TRF isn't funny.

ok ive decided i may have been a little rash in handing in my notice so to speak.

i was a little miffed to say the least and did feel that i was being used as a scapegoat, i apologise if i offended you st helens, that was my last intention.

i dont want this to turn into a big arguement i would rather forget it, my main reason for coming back is that i have become quite fond of this place and i want to make sure it remains open, and continues to grow.

I know its slightly off-topic but:

What was the big fuss and joke about?? I must of missed it.

OK, fair enough. Just curious as to what all the fuss was about.

Let us forget it.

is there a possibility someone can change my avatar thingy

to

welsh and proud!!!!!

TAKE A LOOK AT MY USER NAME!!!!!! If I can make strangers like a person with that name EVEN RASSIE A TRUE BLUE SOUTH AFRICAN then I am sure it is possible for everyone who isn't half as queer to be accepted!

Very simple rules will make us get along (these I have tried to follow all the time I have been here though sometimes I have failed.)

1. Don't insult maliciously (light hearted banter only).
2. If insulted or offended NEVER STRIKE BACK (you won't find a word of me putting anyone down in retaliation for being called fag or anything. Yes that is what some people called me once upon a time). This is the internet. Waste of time abusing people over the net......................thats coward crap. So if someone abuses you don't waste your breath snapping back. Wait till they have calmed down and say either nothing or see if they are ok. They may have been mad cos you provoke them by accident.
3. Be quick to apologise (even if you only suspect you may have done something wrong).
4. Try and make your first post in a new thread your longest one. Say as much as you can. This way all the good stuff gets put at the front of a thread and the add ons are later on. Better reading for visitors. Your add on posts can after the first be smaller if you want.

My suggestions for the count post thingy.

Post count is crap.
We could have a mod rating instead. Mods are voted in once a whatever for the different parts of the forum by TRF members. The mods respponsible for the different areas of the forum give members rating s according to how they see them as contributors for that section. This is displayed like so where the warn section is now.

Gay Guy

gg7io.jpg

General Rugby............................................lllll
International Rugby.....................................lllllllllll
Provinces/Franchises/Club Rugby..................lll
Rugby Gaming.............................................llllllllllll
Other Sports...............................................llllllll
Off Topic.....................................................llllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllll

Therefore the mods (judges) for that section can determine your contribution level for that section which will show always under your avatar. With some clear models of what good posting is (Ak47 writing or CA, etc) and clear guidelines on what is acceptable and what is not. So if people want a good rating then they need to be a good poster. If people dont like the mods for that section..............well thats why they need to vote on election day
<
<
) No excuses for a year or so!

Well i better go back to Paltalk. Very cool with web cam and mic!

some nice points Gay Guy...........

For the moment we are removing the amount of "off topic" stuff in the major/pinned threads throughout the forum (which reminds me I'm certain I've removed around 15 of your posts as part of that..........
<
)........

........also check out your last post in the rugby 2006 thread............if that isn't an invitation for the next posters to go way off topic (probably talking about the Kiwis chances tonight), I don't know what is.......
<