• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maybe Pt4

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 20 2005, 04:09 AM
i want to have sex with my hand
Exactly why post counts should be scrapped.

Posts appear to relate, from an outside view, to your rugby knowledge, which is obviously isn't the case, and I also feel these post counts could intimidate new people to the forum when in discussions with more "senior" members, when sometimes the "13 post ****" card is used.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 19 2005, 05:09 PM
No need to tell us that though. It wasn't remotley funny. You're not as cool as you used to be Lora.

He won't be cool for 18 hours. I suspect it isn't Lora, but if it isn't he deserves to be banned for allowing someone to get access to his password.

The time to get tough is here.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 19 2005, 05:21 PM
He won't be cool for 18 hours. I suspect it isn't Lora, but if it isn't he deserves to be banned for allowing someone to get access to his password.

The time to get tough is here.
I'd have thought the 18 hours was for cooling off lol.

It is for cooling off - the ban will expire, he can explain his behaviour, and if I'm satisfied, the ban will be off. If I'm not satisfied, I'm going to ban his arse.

Lynch Him...

Maybe we should use him as a test subject and see how he reacts to having his post count restarted.

Maybe we should only have Post's count towards to the post count in the Rugby Areas, not off topic and Gaming parts of the sitea... and if they are say, 15 words in length minimum.

*Yawn* Morning all.

...I like the idea of this whole post count thingy you're talking about.
And also I pleased to see a bit of strictness. That was a pleasure read to be honest. That's pretty much it really, as I am now too afraid to say what I was about to say, about Loratadines hand. Good job.

Things have gained some momentum - so expect some positive changes to be announced soon.............

Dont take the "off-topic" please, Soon enough everyone will be swarming to the Rugby gaming section, not long to go.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 19 2005, 08:26 PM
Dont take the "off-topic" please, Soon enough everyone will be swarming to the Rugby gaming section, not long to go.
I very much doubt it will be removed, just have a stricter eye kept on it.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Oct 20 2005, 04:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Oct 20 2005, 04:14 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Oct 20 2005, 04:09 AM
Exactly why post counts should be scrapped.

Posts appear to relate, from an outside view, to your rugby knowledge, which is obviously isn't the case, and I also feel these post counts could intimidate new people to the forum when in discussions with more "senior" members, when sometimes the "13 post ****" card is used. [/b]
Totally agree. Post counts seem to encourage a lot of immaturity and don't accurately reflect one's contribution to the board... in fact they basically just encourage spamming! If we abolish the post count, then members should be awarded stars etc for content and quality of posts. This could be voted upon or administered, as deemed appropriate, by mods.

Spot on sanzar, exactly what was discussed months ago between myself, ERIC and NZL Fan, I can only hope this time something is really done, which sounds likely at this point, forum needs cleaning up.

Glad to see some strictness, leniency is this forums worst enemy with the members we have.

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 19 2005, 07:06 PM
Maybe we should use him as a test subject and see how he reacts to having his post count restarted.
What a good idea.

I like the idea about the rating instead of post counts, like stars are rewarded for loyalty and respect, whilst stating interesting points of view.

I think the rankings are good (I'd want to make better ones though) but the post count is still there, and that's what drives people to spam.

I just meant the:

50 Top poster thing etc

But without the post counter.

When I ran TEF, I'm sure you could erase the psot count, and replace with picture/gif files.

Forgive me if I'am wrong.

We can do it. Me being me, no clue as to how to do it, but I know it can be done. It is one of a few things we're discussing in our ongoing staff meeting. Curse timezones!