• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

McGeechan given Lions coach role

Brilliant!
The results of the tour have already been confirmed aswell, then. ;)

Best news I've heard today. Given that it's only 1105 means that hopefully it's not all downhill from there, but still.....

Yeah, confirming him at least a year before the actual tour starts is a bit of a boost. I just wish they'd at least nominate a coach in January of this year instead so they can watch the Six Nations and HEC games in a better frame of mind...

Had to be the only man in the running and having Edwards along side him gives the Lions the best possible chance of a series victory.

I wonder if he'll pick any Scotland players. Either way he cant do any worse than Woodward and he has so much experience of winning in South Africa before. Although i doubt they will do it.

I wonder if he'll pick any Scotland players. Either way he cant do any worse than Woodward and he has so much experience of winning in South Africa before. Although i doubt they will do it.
[/b]
Its hard to say if he`ll pick any Scots, Im sure a couple will go, Blair and White(if on form) have a chance but the 2009 6 nations will have a strong bearing on selection. I always like the wild card pick that every Lions tour has like Jason Robinson or John Bentley. Could it be Chris Ashton next time?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Its hard to say if he`ll pick any Scots, Im sure a couple will go, Blair and White(if on form) have a chance but the 2009 6 nations will have a strong bearing on selection. I always like the wild card pick that every Lions tour has like Jason Robinson or John Bentley. Could it be Chris Ashton next time?
[/b][/quote]

I was being sarcastic mate, surely as a Scot atleast he will feel obliged to pick a few. I think there are 6 or 7 good enough but just dont have a decent enough team around them to show how good they are at international level. Either way i will be rooting for the Boks B)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I was being sarcastic mate, surely as a Scot atleast he will feel obliged to pick a few. I think there are 6 or 7 good enough but just dont have a decent enough team around them to show how good they are at international level. Either way i will be rooting for the Boks B)
[/b][/quote]
Sorry sarcasm is sometimes difficult to pick up in text form. But you were accidentally raising a good point. Could be the worst ever Lions contingent from Scotland.

I'm literally sick of the posts "who will tour the Lions next year? Because I think it'll be:..." Like you said Danny, there's a Six Nations to go yet, so lets drop that discussion now.

Bring in Jim Telfer, Shaun Edwards and Warren Gatland

Oh how I love Jim on the 1997 Lions DVD :D

Great Choice, the guy will get the team motivated and none of these stupid training methods that Woodward tried to implement in a month to get the team playing... Will be interesting to see who will sit alongside him on the coaching bench...

I'm literally sick of the posts "who will tour the Lions next year? Because I think it'll be:..." Like you said Danny, there's a Six Nations to go yet, so lets drop that discussion now. [/b]

Soooo.....who will tour with the lions next yeaar?

Congrats to McGeechan...seems like the man to do the job. I can really only go with his performance at Wasps, and tales of his past. The press seem to speak positively of the nomination, so I hope this works well. We've got to give a better go at this than 2005's cock up.

To answer Presty:

r175241_665604.jpg

B.O.D.

McGeechan on McGeechan being appointed Lions Coach
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7hwnJXQsdQ&rel=0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7hwnJXQsdQ&rel=0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
McGeechan on McGeechan being appointed Lions Coach

Latest posts