• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Melbourne Cup Challenge

ah yes the cricket should be good hopefully.

the freezing doens't happen all the time and only ever seems to happen when you are up against the rails and near the front. so I think it is just some kind of animation that glitches in that situation for some reason.

So, esoj. Would you consider some online gaming on either PC or Xbox live if this proves to be worthy?

I will defintely consider pc it's all I have.
[/b]
Ditto as too much of a hassle to Xbox Live for me...

AK, looks like Woosaahs going to whip some footage up for us there mate :)

I am sure a few of the guys here will play it on both maybe. and yeah seems like woosaah has got the movie footage covered.

mccwinua6.jpg

Yuss! First win!!!

excellent stuff there dobrien. that is how you do it folks get your horse in a nice position build up that potenial and then pick your moment around 500m odd mark and then go for it.

<div class='quotemain'>
good stuff.
[/b]
Cheers mate :cheers:

Whipped up a race I managed to record thanks to Woosaahs help :bravo:

Hope the link works...

My First Recorded Win At MCC
[/b][/quote]

brilliant work Doobees

now that i know a few things i can vent some issues/concerns

1st. - Camera Angle - surely there is another higher one, and hopefully you can swivel the camera to pan around during the race
2nd - the replay - surely there is a manual selection screen, and where i can view the full replay and not the auto replay kick in and watch the final 200m
3rd - Commentary - FLAWLESS - utterly class, pure bliss u cant beat what i just heard

ok i gotto watch it again :bleh!:

its absolutely sensational

i see how the positioning works

u want the green arrow up moreso than yellow and red, in which keeps ur horse condition (top left horse head) in the green...if u move up to the lead it goes yellow chewing more stamina and gaining less potential, if u move to the back it goes red, and ur horse is hard ridden, not happy...even worse than the yellow positions

i cant fault the track either!!!!

well i think ak will be onto a winner here.

hope you enjoy the game :) i am getting used to the audio, its just a bit repettitive and sometimes not that acurate. if you listen in the video near the end it says that his horse (not sure what its name was now) was on the rails. but in fact he was about 5 or 6 horses out off the rails (though in the lead or close to it at that point) but still i am warming up to the commentary.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
good stuff.
[/b]
Cheers mate :cheers:

Whipped up a race I managed to record thanks to Woosaahs help :bravo:

Hope the link works...

My First Recorded Win At MCC
[/b][/quote]

brilliant work Doobees

now that i know a few things i can vent some issues/concerns

1st. - Camera Angle - surely there is another higher one, and hopefully you can swivel the camera to pan around during the race
2nd - the replay - surely there is a manual selection screen, and where i can view the full replay and not the auto replay kick in and watch the final 200m
3rd - Commentary - FLAWLESS - utterly class, pure bliss u cant beat what i just heard

ok i gotto watch it again :bleh!:
[/b][/quote]

1. quite possibly there is because you can change camera view and you can also look left and right

2. not sure if there will be or not the auto replay isn't too bad as on the demo it starts from the 2200m mark.

3. commentary is quite good and it adds to the experince a lot.

well i think ak will be onto a winner here.

hope you enjoy the game :) i am getting used to the audio, its just a bit repettitive and sometimes not that acurate. if you listen in the video near the end it says that his horse (not sure what its name was now) was on the rails. but in fact he was about 5 or 6 horses out off the rails (though in the lead or close to it at that point) but still i am warming up to the commentary.
[/b]

yes i agree with some aspects with the audio accuracy - i put this down to timing........

he will begin to go thru each horse from 1st to last

i think as soon as he begins from 1st...whereever u are positioned at that point in time, is what he will call........Doobees was close to the rail when the commentary started from the top, and by the time the announcer got to Dobriens horse, he had shifted out wide by then, but commentary maintained he was on the rails..also this is when Doobees makes a run in which his speed is notched up by a good 10-20km/h, which would cause even greater discrepancy with regards to accuracy.

it will be even worse for backrunners coz that would be a good 15seconds timing diff from the top to last, where u could shift up spots, or even out wide, etc

but the smoothness of the commentary i like very much, i think its perfect.

i have been playing horse ***les since Gallop Racer 2001, and i was in awe at how good the commentary is......nobody has ever done it, and it adds to this ***le in soo many ways.

Yes it hink there are many camera angles coz i have seen a screenshot where i can see the horses tail, and this is the one i like the most.

Hopefully the full replay can be looked at after each race, from Skycam!!!

when this game is released, will most of you people buy it on PC for the online gaming? or xbox/PS2 because your computer isnt up to it in the graphics department?

i personally will buy it on PC so i can play you pricks online

ill buy it on pc, mainly cause i dont use my xbox that much, actually havnt used it since the rugby 06 tornament.

some dude played it yesterday at caulfield guineas day and highly rated the xbox version, which will look worse than pc version

Latest posts