• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Memorable Moments

well I didn't play rugby 2005 for too long and I have lost the cds-luckily I didn't pay for it so no loss there. I think it would be of interest to people that haven't bought rugby 2005 or sold without much gametine. choice is up to you though if you want to upload it.

Yeah, I'll upload it eventually. It's more interesting at how **** the design is than anything amazing.

oh true well I think we can all relate in some way too it. I think it will be interesting to dscuss as well and hear peoples views on it like Los Lover who have played rugby 05 extenstively

every now and again i load this up

mainly because i have a new widescreen tv and component, in which when i 1st got rugby i never had, so its the new hardware around rugby 2005 - which is why it keeps getting played

it is slowly getting better - the franchise - i hope 2007 has alot more new stuff with regards to gameplay and ai - the depth is enuff at the moment - they better not opt for online without fixing rucks and passing etc

If they Opt for Online Id like to see how i rank up in the World,Currently I can beat England NZ whatever you consoder a tuff oponent with any team.

I can win the Rugby World Cup with Tonga on hard scoring over 40 points every game and and lucky if I concede a try,anyone else find this game THIS easy.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Sep 21 2005, 09:53 PM
If they Opt for Online Id like to see how i rank up in the World,Currently I can beat England NZ whatever you consoder a tuff oponent with any team.

I can win the Rugby World Cup with Tonga on hard scoring over 40 points every game and and lucky if I concede a try,anyone else find this game THIS easy.
dude you are not listening are you.....you HAVE NOT EDITED IN 90 players....of course you are winning! Who wouldn't under the same situation? Or at least wouldn't so many win under the same conditions that such gloats are a little strange?

You keep running that centre gap....and it's "fun, fun, fun, till daddy takes the t-bird awaaa-ay"

<

also, for the record, multi=player is TOTALLY different....totally.

Yea ive played two player, and the superman ankle tap is annoying,anyway I never edit players I beat South Africa with my eyes shut with this team

1.M.Moala(Complete Scrummager)
2.A.Lutui(best hooker we have)
3.T.Taumoepeau(most complete scrummager Tonga has)
4.I.Afeaki©(complete lock for Tonga)
5.V.Vaki(real fast lock,Rucks,Line-outs he can do iut all)
6.I.Maka(strongest in the game I think)
7.F.Maka(not as strong as molitika but complete with rucking)
8.E.Taione(complete one of the better No.8's in the whole game)
9.S.Martens(no on chellenges him on the Tongan Team)
10.P.Hola(K)(shitty kicker but the best Tonga Has)
11.P.Fifita(89 speed fastest on the Tongan Team)
12.G.Leger(second fastest center b8ut can kick better then the others)
13.S.Hufanga(Complete center for Tonga)
14.A.Havili(85 second fastest in the Tongan Team)
15.S.Tuipulotu(84 speed high ratings in skills)

Tonga has some of the best fowards in the game with Molitika,Maka,Taione all with strength ratings in the 90's,I think Maka has a streght rating of 97,thats the highest in the game.

right now I try make the game realistic,I dont run from my own 22,I play the terrioty game a little more now,I found some glitches were you are guaunteed to score from the 22m drop out and the kick off.

AH, I had it wrong. It wasn't the 6 Nations - it was a World Cup.

So yeah, I'm playing as the USA, I win all my games in the group but France (whom I've beaten) takes first place though we were tied on points and I was undefeated.

Here was our ending table:

1. France 3W 0D 1L PF: 189 PA: 38 Dif: +151 Bonus Points: 4 Total Points: 16
2. USA 4W 0D 0L PF: 50 PA: 8 Dif: +42 Bonus Points: 0 Total Points: 16

Now why aren't I on the top of the table? Thats bouleshit, man. I went undefeated. UNDEFEATED.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Sep 22 2005, 07:32 AM
AH, I had it wrong. It wasn't the 6 Nations - it was a World Cup.

So yeah, I'm playing as the USA, I win all my games in the group but France (whom I've beaten) takes first place though we were tied on points and I was undefeated.

Here was our ending table:

1. France 3W 0D 1L PF: 189 PA: 38 Dif: +151 Bonus Points: 4 Total Points: 16
2. USA 4W 0D 0L PF: 50 PA: 8 Dif: +42 Bonus Points: 0 Total Points: 16

Now why aren't I on the top of the table? Thats bouleshit, man. I went undefeated. UNDEFEATED.
cos you came 2nd.

when teams are tied on points (and france was becos they scored a hell of a lot more points than you and played more attractive rugby - hehe) they are separated by PD. Yours was over 100 points less.

Nice take down of france though....those sneaky frenchies!!

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Sep 21 2005, 11:53 PM
Yea ive played two player, and the superman ankle tap is annoying,anyway I never edit players I beat South Africa with my eyes shut with this team

Tonga has some of the best fowards in the game with Molitika,Maka,Taione all with strength ratings in the 90's,I think Maka has a streght rating of 97,thats the highest in the game.

right now I try make the game realistic,I dont run from my own 22,I play the terrioty game a little more now,I found some glitches were you are guaunteed to score from the 22m drop out and the kick off.
you have skirted the question re: whether you have added the 90 players in with 90+ averages to compete against or whether players like Larkham and howlett etc are still the best in the game.....lol!! Simple yes or no to gauge this 40 points a game with tonga thingee...it wouldn't happen in the edited version.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Sep 7 2005, 11:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Sep 7 2005, 11:14 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Sep 6 2005, 04:48 PM
OKAY!!!!

You have had a wekk Caps -

how is your 80 new created players upgraded rugby 2005 9/10 game going.......?

Caps?

<
Oddly enough, I've been busy.

Plus, I don't think this is going to happen any time soon. I apologize.

Plus, I probably will only play Rugby 2005 every now and again (same with all my PS2 games) because I've been having power surges that shut the PS2 off recently.

I've tried to win the Orange Bowl in NCAA 2004 but only for the power to snap and the game shuts off. I've tried this 5 TIMES and the power goes off at any random point in the match (same for other games).

I still enjoy it, but frankly Los, I can't be arsed to create what EA should have done. I do not have the patience. I do not have the time. I am content. I've got other fish to fry. [/b]
hey, each to their own....but in truth, it's not me you have to be sorry for if that is how rugby 2005 went out...

I mean......it never had a chance.

All that time you were sitting on a goldmine of joy and challenge and satisfaction......a diamond in the rough.....alas......gone.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Sep 25 2005, 10:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Sep 25 2005, 10:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ALLBLACKS
@Sep 21 2005, 11:53 PM

you have skirted the question re: whether you have added the 90 players in with 90+ averages to compete against or whether players like Larkham and howlett etc are still the best in the game.....lol!! Simple yes or no to gauge this 40 points a game with tonga thingee...it wouldn't happen in the edited version. [/b]
You cant edit players if thats what you mean,I did add players Like Maka who are of Tongan Nationality but were not in the team.Still My faster center is an 80 speed that makes it harder to run the center gap,But there are alot of glitches in the game to score tries,not just the center gap.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS+Sep 26 2005, 06:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ALLBLACKS @ Sep 26 2005, 06:50 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 25 2005, 10:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ALLBLACKS
@Sep 21 2005, 11:53 PM

you have skirted the question re: whether you have added the 90 players in with 90+ averages to compete against or whether players like Larkham and howlett etc are still the best in the game.....lol!! Simple yes or no to gauge this 40 points a game with tonga thingee...it wouldn't happen in the edited version.
You cant edit players if thats what you mean,I did add players Like Maka who are of Tongan Nationality but were not in the team.Still My faster center is an 80 speed that makes it harder to run the center gap,But there are alot of glitches in the game to score tries,not just the center gap. [/b]
No they are not glitches...there are legitimate ways to chess move your way to the line JUST like real rugby - execution is the key, JUST like real life. Numbers are the key - JUST like real life etc etc etc...

The centre gap? You haven't chucked 90 players into the game boviously who average 90+ on the stats and serve as the majority of your oppsoition.....just becos you are playing with an 80 pace centre, it doesn't mean (if indeed you believe you can't edit players in - god knows why you mistakenly believe this, go to my rugby) you can't dominate becos it is about the standard of your opposition as much as the standard of your own unit.

If you opposing centre has three stars and averages 95 he will monster you buddy. You won't know your centre has 80 pace as he will barely make a metre before he is flattened. Thus you end up playing real rugby....and they play more attacking more potent rugby becos of the resources at the AI's fingertips and whollah!

I mean jesus bro - like I said - a simple YES or NO. Have you edited 90 players into the team? YES or NO? thanks.

No,because you cant,you can edit the team but no the players ratings,I can still ruin any team with Tonga by 40 plus.

Besides which, you shouldn't even have to. I did what you said Los, and created players with their stats right up there (not 90 players though). Created Larkham, Tuqiri, Gregan etc. etc. Redid pretty much the whole Australian team. It took a while, but I did it. Naturally, I gave them the same generic faces, and just changed the skin colour (orange, dark orange, corny-**** brown.)
I played a game against them with the AB's (unedited) on normal, in fear that they may be too good. Thrashed them in the same style asI used to. I then put ot on hard. I lost he ball in the ruck a lot more than I used to, but still defeated them with the same tactics as always. 25-12 or something.
It makes the game very slightly more competitive, but it's still crap.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 26 2005, 03:14 PM
Besides which, you shouldn't even have to. I did what you said Los, and created players with their stats right up there (not 90 players though). Created Larkham, Tuqiri, Gregan etc. etc. Redid pretty much the whole Australian team. It took a while, but I did it. Naturally, I gave them the same generic faces, and just changed the skin colour (orange, dark orange, corny-**** brown.)
I played a game against them with the AB's (unedited) on normal, in fear that they may be too good. Thrashed them in the same style asI used to. I then put ot on hard. I lost he ball in the ruck a lot more than I used to, but still defeated them with the same tactics as always. 25-12 or something.
what a strange little fellow!!

"i did it......but not the 90 players"

then you didn't do it......and you obviously didn't give them wingers with 100,99,100 etc.....No 90 players = you have NOT done it. get it? If a few playesr have made it a little harder, what do a lot do then logically? Think about it or keep playing wcr and wcr2 - they might be more your style.

"I still beat blah blah with tonga by blah blah" - look, that is good okay (dear god), but I am just not going to take it seriously if the opposition is the out of the box style. I simply won't b/c I have played both.

With the fact that I have experienced both in mind, just accept that I know more than you on this issue.

"but it is still crap" - let's face it, you were never going to say any different no matter what. And you haven;'t changed the amount I said, which makes successive games challenging, so that when you don't play close to your best - you lose. If you are playing really well and your co-ordination is right up there to get the win - why is it you think you should lose. Like in real life, I exopect to lose when I don't get the rubpf the green and I am not A+ and when the edited opposition stands up.

You played one game on normal (what a joke) and one on hard!!!? One game....you only won by about twelve points.....and you come out complaining? Jesus - I don't believe you anyway....so you just went off and edited all these players, played these games and then came and back and posted a reply all while I was out having a quick lunch? Not only is that crazy, but you have also formed stubborn oppinion on the matter (not grounded enough in evidence yet) in this short space of time as well. Let's face it, your stance, as I often point out, was already determined by your desire to argue with me.

Edit in 90 players and the bugger off for a few weeks of occasional play and then come back to me with your comments.....also notice that I have added in the 90 players and can beat the Crusaders (with 11 95+ afverage players) with the unedited Hurricanes team by as much as thirty points at times.....but then they can also beat me. But you reached your conclusion from one result. Come on mate......get serious. I am telling you to change the 90 players for your benefit NOT mine. You are missing out on a great game (especially 2 plyer co-op when players wioth out the ball can be fully controlled before and after the ball ahs been distributed........1000s of your own moves anyone?) b/c you wish to perpetuate an average and unfounded opinion. Jesus - give it a couple of weeks and ACTUALLY edit ALL the players in (don't you have music) and then you can make these claims with some sort of basis for your findings......yes you can win.......me and my mate beat the bulls (who are also edited to a degree) by 50 points and then got done by the edited hurricanes team (who as you know aren;t that good) when their fullback (edited) went no les than 75 metres in the 80th minute and stole the win from us with a 29-27 (three tries a piece thriller)......when is the last time you conceded three tries in a game....exactly...and before you say maybe you suck.....my best score is 134-0 in a 20 minute game on hard in World League division one.....twice in a row. i.e 134-0...next game: 134-0 too. Then I quit as team too good for my liking.

trie are scored from:

- grubbers
- soccer kicks
- short balls
- pop balls
- round the back or reverse balls
- chase through on punts (yep)
- chase thru on the secret punt crossfield chase (i.e. using the drop kick button)
- normal support play and passing
- driving play
- line-outs
- special moves
- scissors
- double-rounds and wraps
- post rebounds
- dropped ball or forced turnovers
- interecepts (yep - get them much more often and much more realistically now as does the cpu....why?....I am no longer answering these questions as the ignorance I have encountered must not go rewarded)

What is it about this game that is crap again...cos when you buy WCR2 you will find that already about five or so of those try scoring techniques will be come obsolete...how do you jumo for a bomb? or defend it against a taller man? Already the game can be exploited - now THAT is CRAP my man.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 26 2005, 03:54 PM
or defend it against a taller man? Already the game can be exploited - now THAT is CRAP my man.
generaly that is the case. i cant deny that height is the sole factor, because ive seen some short wings in the nrl catch alot of kicks, but height is a major contruibtor - but not sole...

Originally posted by Los Lover+Sep 26 2005, 03:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Sep 26 2005, 03:54 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Sep 26 2005, 03:14 PM
what a strange little fellow!!

"i did it......but not the 90 players"

then you didn't do it......and you obviously didn't give them wingers with 100,99,100 etc.....No 90 players = you have NOT done it. get it? If a few playesr have made it a little harder, what do a lot do then logically? Think about it or keep playing wcr and wcr2 - they might be more your style.

"I still beat blah blah with tonga by blah blah" - look, that is good okay (dear god), but I am just not going to take it seriously if the opposition is the out of the box style. I simply won't b/c I have played both.

With the fact that I have experienced both in mind, just accept that I know more than you on this issue.

"but it is still crap" - let's face it, you were never going to say any different no matter what. And you haven;'t changed the amount I said, which makes successive games challenging, so that when you don't play close to your best - you lose. If you are playing really well and your co-ordination is right up there to get the win - why is it you think you should lose. Like in real life, I exopect to lose when I don't get the rubpf the green and I am not A+ and when the edited opposition stands up.

You played one game on normal (what a joke) and one on hard!!!? One game....you only won by about twelve points.....and you come out complaining? Jesus - I don't believe you anyway....so you just went off and edited all these players, played these games and then came and back and posted a reply all while I was out having a quick lunch? Not only is that crazy, but you have also formed stubborn oppinion on the matter (not grounded enough in evidence yet) in this short space of time as well. Let's face it, your stance, as I often point out, was already determined by your desire to argue with me.

Edit in 90 players and the bugger off for a few weeks of occasional play and then come back to me with your comments.....also notice that I have added in the 90 players and can beat the Crusaders (with 11 95+ afverage players) with the unedited Hurricanes team by as much as thirty points at times.....but then they can also beat me. But you reached your conclusion from one result. Come on mate......get serious. I am telling you to change the 90 players for your benefit NOT mine. You are missing out on a great game (especially 2 plyer co-op when players wioth out the ball can be fully controlled before and after the ball ahs been distributed........1000s of your own moves anyone?) b/c you wish to perpetuate an average and unfounded opinion. Jesus - give it a couple of weeks and ACTUALLY edit ALL the players in (don't you have music) and then you can make these claims with some sort of basis for your findings......yes you can win.......me and my mate beat the bulls (who are also edited to a degree) by 50 points and then got done by the edited hurricanes team (who as you know aren;t that good) when their fullback (edited) went no les than 75 metres in the 80th minute and stole the win from us with a 29-27 (three tries a piece thriller)......when is the last time you conceded three tries in a game....exactly...and before you say maybe you suck.....my best score is 134-0 in a 20 minute game on hard in World League division one.....twice in a row. i.e 134-0...next game: 134-0 too. Then I quit as team too good for my liking.

trie are scored from:

- grubbers
- soccer kicks
- short balls
- pop balls
- round the back or reverse balls
- chase through on punts (yep)
- chase thru on the secret punt crossfield chase (i.e. using the drop kick button)
- normal support play and passing
- driving play
- line-outs
- special moves
- scissors
- double-rounds and wraps
- post rebounds
- dropped ball or forced turnovers
- interecepts (yep - get them much more often and much more realistically now as does the cpu....why?....I am no longer answering these questions as the ignorance I have encountered must not go rewarded)

What is it about this game that is crap again...cos when you buy WCR2 you will find that already about five or so of those try scoring techniques will be come obsolete...how do you jumo for a bomb? or defend it against a taller man? Already the game can be exploited - now THAT is CRAP my man. [/b]
LOL the scholar of this board somnetimes you sound to smart for your own good,I never tried to say I know more about the video game then you do,you changed the subject.

I simply said how much I can beat the game by,and you changed it into my logical thinking of how it should be.

So what if I beat the ALL BLACKS by an x amount with Tonga,we dont have to go into details of what I did to the players.

This is the Memorable Moments thread isnbt it,Well thats a memorable moment Beating every Team with Tonga.