• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Memorable Moments

"Nanny pack?" That isn't a nice way 2 talk about ur suppliers!

Scored a gr8 try with my default hooker on WL. Tried box kickin it with my SH from bout half way, normally does Jack all but...

I selected my Hooker an made a run for the bouncing ball. He beat the flanker comin bac to it and soccer kicked it along the floor. He picks up the ball an has the FB 2 beat. My hooker, McDonald or somethin like that, turns the full back inside out 2 score the try.

Lovely
<

Had to be playin as Edinburgh against Toulose in the Heiniken (european) cup final on hard. It had been fairly even all through the game but they'd kicked their drop goals and penalties and I kept going for tries. So the score was 24-19 to Tolouse, 70(ish)th minute I'm stuckin in my own 22 but they tried to pass it out, mike blair catches an intercept pass and sprints away with the full back to beat, so a side step and a pop to Hogg and I'm under the posts! 26-24 to me!!! I was like, WHAAAY!

Well, brumbies v tahs on hard. Super 12 round game at canberra 2005. With a minute to go the tahs r leading 10-6 and it looked like it was gonna be a repeat of last night. A lot of kicking. But, Howard (Brumbies, Created) put up an up and under towards rogers who was standing near the posts. Rogers dropped it and recovered. Luckily this was before injury time and the scrum was called. I played a classic set play and fairbanks (fullback) came through running hard and took the ball to score next to the posts. Giteau converts into the crowd and the brumbies win 13-10. Now that would have been a good game to watch last night.

OK - I have transferred this....

memorable? and then some.......

<
<
<
<
<
christ I need every emoticon in the book!!

well I bloody think so - so much so...that it is not deserving of being lumped into memorable moments....the names have changed except that there aren't any....and there is no misunderstanding of what occurred here - this is as it happened.

My bro and I are playing a tri nations - I let him go NZ, I went SA (great backs) and AI was Oz....

after one game and much swearing....(he is good MP but weaker against computer).....he went down 21-0.

I then lost to my brother 15-10 after an advantage played controversy that left a sour taste in my mouth!! lol!

So I HAD to win this next game against OZ (hard level) - had to....

After opening up a 12-0 scoreline, I find myself down 17-12 after sixty minutes as OZ go to the top of their momentum gauge and start throwing their weight about....I am penalised after a turnover inside my forty with time up.....GAME OVER.....surely!

They are kicking at goal to deny me the bonus point for within 7 and to end the game - a simultaneous play.......that suddenly became the triple play instead!!

The kick looked good but twisted right at the last second and shaved the post - it was however flying over the dead ball line and on the full too - until - Huh!!? - It struck one of the low angled advertising boardings and spat back into the in-goal...nudging of the back of his heels and sitting right on the dead-ball line.....
What has happened?
****!
Amidst the crowd noise and the flashing 80:00 minute clock timer, I realise that the whistle has not been blown! The clock was 80 before the penalty was even given, but the speed at which it rebounded off the hoardings seemed to catch out the ref!
I run around over the dead-ball line (to avoid the take it out trick) and come flying back over it to legally pick up the ball an inch off of the chalk and begin running out towards my own tryline from the inside, game over at next stoppage......the d runs into the in-goal at me and I am forced to pass across the in-goal including a pop-ball and a straight line runner missing out on being caught in the in-goal by about 2 inches.....The ball goes left and with a dummy the FB (Montgomery) cuts through and round......the fb is out of play! I go 105 metres on the play (98 metres on the run), out of the in-goal, all the way to the line on the most controversial play in the history of test footy...

under the posts...(amidst hysterical and bewildered laughter, hollering etc)

conversion ......

final score

19-17 to me!

and the tri series lives on....

That is why you NEVER - SAY - DIE

<

Ok, so i'm llanelli i'm playing the falcons. They have a scrum on my twenty two. I'm thinkin, if a move comes off here it's try time. To my good fortune i manage to ankle tap Wilko. But hang on, while he's rollin around on the floor, the move stll goes on, and the ball has flown to the inside centre, who is now about 12 yards ahead of J.W. Needless to say try Newcastle. THAT is how good wilkinson is on this game.

England (me) versus argentina (AI), ten nations. hard

Its 7-0 to Argentina after contemponi scores a great try in the corner (these argies are great with the ball in hand)

England are stuggling with Argentina enjoying the bulk of the momentum with home advantage. England have been trying to gain dominance by busting it up the middle with the forwards, but to no avail. So time to change tactics. On the half way line Ollie Barkley puts up a huge up and under, which only travels 20 yards forward. Ollie jumps and catches his own kick and surprisingly the defence hesitate in the tackle. This gives Ollie the split second needed to pass the ball out to Cueto who finds himself in space. Cueto sprints up the middle of the pitch with Jamie Noon on his shoulder, draws the full back and pops the ball up to Noon who dives for the line.....only to be tackle by the Argi winger diving in from the side! England win the ruck, and Dawson dives over to score 7-7

Argentina score another good try, again resulting from fast hands, and getting the ball wide, but miss the kick 12-7

England again struggle to make ground until Cueto, short of space on the wing, chip kicks the ball a short distance forward. The ball bouces akwardly in the oppositions 22, forcing the full back to make a hurried kick into touch. Thompson throws the ball to Dallaglio at the back of the line, who misses the ball but manages to dive on it. Dawson passes ther ball out to noon who strolls through under the posts. Ollie gets the kick 14-12 with ten minutes to go.

Argentina step it and hammer the English defence with wave after wave of attack. England's defence is creaking.

1 mintue to go, Argentina decide to run the ball from their 22. Tha ball is passed out to the wing who has a bit of space. He chip kicks the ball forward, with cueto hot on his heels. The ball bouces forward and instead of picking it up the Argi winger soccer kicks the ball further up the field. The chase is on between both wingers with Lewsey screaming in from the side. As they approach the ball Cueto lunges forward just before the Argi winger reaches the ball, grabs it and almost in the same move turn and gives the ball a hoof into touch. The whistle goes England win 14-12! GREAT GAME!

blues (me) vs newcastle on world league.

newcastle was about 10m out, and had a massive overlap, and i had the fullback (atinga) about half way across, and the winger (nawali) on the sideline, so he was usless, and they passed it openside, and my fowards tried to move them as far as possibe so the try wouldnt be under the posts, but then atinga, he came up tackled the ball carrier, and knocked the ball loose, and foward. awesome try saving tackle
and to show you what happened another diagram
<

tackle\/................H H......\/----ruck
_x____~~~~x__H H__xxxxx_____
..........\......................000000........
.......... \........~~~0~~~~/.............
............ 0~~/..............................

_= try line H= goal posts, x= my dudes, 0 = them dudes.
.......= grass
~ / and \ = movement

Originally posted by sambad5@Apr 19 2005, 09:22 PM
blues (me) vs newcastle on world league.

newcastle was about 10m out, and had a massive overlap, and i had the fullback (atinga) about half way across, and the winger (nawali) on the sideline, so he was usless, and they passed it openside, and my fowards tried to move them as far as possibe so the try wouldnt be under the posts, but then atinga, he came up tackled the ball carrier, and knocked the ball loose, and foward. awesome try saving tackle
and to show you what happened another diagram
<

tackle\/................H H......\/----ruck
_x____~~~~x__H H__xxxxx_____
..........\......................000000........
.......... \........~~~0~~~~/.............
............ 0~~/..............................

_= try line H= goal posts, x= my dudes, 0 = them dudes.
.......= grass
~ / and \ = movement
Oh my god, who said the AI can't score good tries?

Australia v England (me) second round of the ten nations, Brisbane.

Ausatralia have been kicking my understrength English side from one end of the park to the other. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse at 10-0 down, Gregan decides to pass the ball out to Larkam from a ruck on the half way life. Larkam does a long pass out to Mortlock, missing out young Gito. Mortlock shows the ball to Barkley, then turns on the speed and runs round him heading for the touch line. Screaming down the touch line, Mortlock sees Josh Lewsey coming in at him at speed. By this time Larkham has managed to catch up in support. Morlock pops the ball up to Larkham, taking a massive hit in the process. Larkham pins back his ears and runs the final 20 yards to score in the corner!! WOW a great 50 metre try!!

This game really can be awesome even single player!

Sorry its me again, and its a memorable match rather than moment!

This ten nations competition I'm having is turning out to be a real cracker - so much more fun than any of the other competitions!

Ok, having been thrashed by Australia in Brisbane, I was determined not to make the same mistake against South Africa at Twikenham. With home advantage and a beefed up team, I knew I had a chance.

The first half was surprisingly easy for me. I was winning almost all my lineouts and a few against the head, dominated in the scrum and rucks and pinned the SA's in their half for most of the forty minutes. Jamie Noon and Matt Dawson both scored a couple of good tries, both converted, and Ollie Barkley scored an amazing drop goal from out wide.

15-0 at half time.

Started well again in the second half, but ever so slowly SA began to pull themselves together. A few lineouts against the head, turn overs, and some solid possesion boosted their momentum and then things really began to hot up. On 60 minutes SA finally score a push over try and convert. A couple of minutes later J Van Der Westhausen scores a drop goal from just inside the half!

its 15-10 and I'm getting nervous!

Then they strike again. The ball is popped up to Wilemse on SA's 22. He finds a gap and turns on the pace. Both Cueto and then Perry miss their tackles and Wilemse charges through for a superb 70 metres try. Fantastic! The conversion is missed but its 17-15 to SA................ S%$T!!

Five minutes to go, things are getting desparate. England are tiring and I can't make the ground I could early in the match. I have a ruck just on the 22 and decide I have to go for the drop goal. But I must be too far out? To hell with it. Dawson passes the ball to Barkely who winds up for the drop goal. The ball hangs in the air for an age, drops then hits the bar and OVER!!! 18-17!!

But its not over yet.

Still a minute to go and SA are pulling out all the stops. I cannot belive it. They throw the ball all over the park, and make several breaks. Paulse, runs 40 metres down the pitch with Cueto chasing. Cueto dives and tap tackles Paulse before he can score. England win the ruck and Dawson boots it out. Game over!!!

PHEW what an amazing game!

had the best moment in my rugby 2005 life.

i had a kicking war with my fullback (reihana) and thiers (cant remember who) and he kicked it from about half way from 22 and half way, kicked into my 22 were reihana caught it, and thumped it back, got him closer to his 22. he kicked it back, reihana caught it just inside my 22, kicked it back, hit him just before his 22, he kicked it, reihana caught it about 10m ahead of my 22, kicked it back, when inside his 22, were he called a mark and kicked it out.

it was awesome. kicking wars dont happen often, but f*** there cool

I was playing Bourgoin in the World League, and the Bourgoin fullback decided to have a Ben Blair (2004 S12 Final) day.

First of I grubbered it into the in goal, the FB dives on it but misses, allowing my guy to score the try.

At 80:00 the score is 13-12 to Bourgoin, and I take a shot at a drop goal, but it was a bad move (as it was with Heffler), and it falls short so the FB goes for the mark, and drops it, allowing my guy to come through and collect it, and run between the posts for a try. Heffler misses the conversion of course, final score 17-13 to me.

Originally posted by JJ-@Apr 21 2005, 12:40 PM
Heffler misses the conversion of course,
lol i gave up on kicking with him. i just double clicked x to hurry up and get it over, unless it was a tight game. it ****** me off how reihanas goal kickings so crap. he was a mean goalkicker when he played for waikato. i dont know about now. from what i can remember, he was as good as spencer around 85

Yeah, I had my team all ready in my head, with Reihana starting off at centre and doing the kicking duties. I was disappointed when I saw the crap stat. I got the Japanese left winger in to do my kicking duties now, until Mehrtens arrrives.

Originally posted by JJ-@Apr 21 2005, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I had my team all ready in my head, with Reihana starting off at centre and doing the kicking duties. I was disappointed when I saw the crap stat. I got the Japanese left winger in to do my kicking duties now, until Mehrtens arrrives.
yeah ive got that jap winger kicking aswell, hes the man

are there any inside centres, who can punt good, tackle good and pass good? cause ive got healy in flyhalf, but when hes not at first reciver, ive only got a shitty kicker.

hey! Taht Jap winger was my idea you punks!! haha!

anyway - BACK to memorable moents...

Last night I reached within one game of completing my hard level World Cup with Fiji.......I beat England in the QF, NZ in the semi and play OZ in the final tonight....

This is memorable because I have played the toughest opposition without one re-start and had to play Wales and Australia in pool play (2007 WC) - beating them both.

Then in the QF and SF I had to play without Caucaunibuca!!! Who got injured in the final pool game against the USA after four tries.....NO CAUCAU!!!

No matter!!!

Fiji - 19 - 12 - England

Fiji - 54 - 22 - NZ (8 tries to 4....one of the great performances IMO - Rabeni got 4 tries!!!)

OZ - you are next *****!!

I just had another good game, playing as Maori v Australia at Stad. Australia (on hard).

After 57 game minutes the Aussies are up 20-0. At the 60th minute mark the first Maori try is scored. At 76 minutes with the score at 20-5 it looks all over, but Tipoki makes a break through the middle and scores to take the score to 20-12. A try from the kick off brings it even closer, 20-19, but only 13 game seconds were remaining. A repeat of the previous try and the Maori grab 3 impressive trys in 3 game minutes, to take them to a 24-20 win over the Wallabies.

Just caught a massive Gary Owen - kicked the ball from my 22 and caught it just short of the oppositions 22. mad!

I Just finished a the pool stages with Tonga on hard yr 2007 and this has to be the most memorable match for me beating England 27-17 and ill tell you why it was........

because pierre hola missed all my kicks i scored to quick tries without being touched but england came back to lead 17-15 i end up with the ball in there and with about 75:00 and im fighting to score on there line i win 7 phases untill tevita tuifua my center takes to english players with him over the line

they try a trick kick off and tuifua gets a mini break draws robinson and gives pila fifita some room and with 89 speed the guy wasnt going to be caught i convert this try and win 27-17 never have i had to fight back to win a game against england

anyway i finished in 1st place in pool A 15 points 3 bonus points 3 wins and 1 loss

i lost to south africa 5-15 westhuyzen killed me with drop goals but i came out on top 22-14 against samoa 27-17 against england and 45-13 against canada

now im in the quarter finals against wales

Not a tough game but I was playing with Crusaders vs Chiefs. I was battering there line for a good 5 mins in injury time and there defense was holding up I was looking for the bonus point for try scored. Started just outside their 22(after being pushed back with some demon defending) won the ball and Marshall passes the ball out it goes through all the hands till it reaches Gear he side steps the opposing winger and is hauled down 5m out by the covering full back, Gear retains position I make a set play for pocket and decide for a chip over(triangle) by Carter he chips it over runs through the gap and beats the full back and the dead ball line by a fraction to the ball try time!!!!!

Talk about a delicate chip it was just pass 5m line when i chipped it quality by Carter.