• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Metal Gear online

I have only just got to level 3 so I doubt it is about level. I also have not bought anything from Konami shop. Which maps do you get most of the time.

Do you auto match most of the time?

At first I auto matched, thats when I got lots of maps. I got sick of waiting so now I just join fee games. I just choose one thats appropriate. now i only seem to get the original five maps. Usually I choose M.M. coz its head on and you dont get high level guys sneaking up on you from the back. I like U.U. but I get owned on G.G. because its so open. Im good at close range shooting, unless im against a shotgun!! whats with the shotguns, Im sick of getting owned by them!! the other two are very small and tough. Im free game you can see what maps are being played and join one you like.

Do your deaths outway your kills? I have about 350 kills to about 450 deaths. embarassing.

What skills did you choose?

Jesus dude I am to scared to look for the shame I am utter crap and still getting owned I feel like a masochist!!!! What is M.M U.U etc.

I only choose Auto it does not take much time for the game to start. More importantly why the hell can't we hook up? I have entered your name loads of times!!!!

i have to be logged in when you enter my time and vice versa. I think thats why. it must be.
l
The names of the maps. Midtown Malestrom, Urban Ultimatum, GrosnyGrad etc etc.

If I choose auto it usually takes several minutes to hook me up and then I could be thrown into any old match. If I choose team death match then usually I dont get a match and have to start again. Free match starts straight away.

I read somewhere that if you join before the end of february that you get the first expansion free and 5000 reward points to spend. I didnt get anything. It annoys me that I cant get those maps. I want to buy the expansion but dont have a credit card.

If your getting owned real bad it could be because of cheaters. Last night I encountered a team of level 15 guys that had started new characters and were now levels 0 , 1 and 3. How do I know this? I asked them what was going on after they owned me about 30 times in a row and they told me straight up. Not a good night. Everyone was else kept quiting and I didnt realise until it was too late.

Fair enough if you want to start again I suppose but it was not fun for me. One guy argued that he didnt have all his high level abilites. but he could certainly still line up headshots like a level 15.

I bought the expansion, but because I had to buy it from the Japanese store (my Japanese credit card only works at this store) and my original character was created using my Amercian sign up, I have had to purchase a new character and start again from 0. Now Im taking out ususpecting low level characters and feeling like a bully and a hyporcrate. lol. My new name is ceeejay. Not that its going to help much as we cant seem to find each other.

Anyway, am loving this game. I cant really think of a bad thing about it.

Will try ceeejay when I get home. I find this so bizarre as I sent my friend a request and he was not online and it said pending but yours not chance always says does not exist.

Is my psn the same name as my character when playing MGS4? or something different.

Ha ha could be not sure. My MGS4 name is King Corn and my PSN is coolcorn8. When you switch on your PS3 what is the your name on the list where you switch off console?

I have never set my psn. I dont know how to either. Thats the problem. ceeejay is my MGS4 character.

I dont see any names anywhere when switching on or off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Feb 11 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have never set my psn. I dont know how to either. Thats the problem. ceeejay is my MGS4 character.

I dont see any names anywhere when switching on or off.[/b]

You must have registered to play on line surely. In the first list on your PS3 user interface where you have the option to turn off console with the pad you should have your PSN name. Have you entered Home or PSN store? If so you must have registered.

If not you will have to register and I thought you do that when you switch it on or I think there might have been an option to register later. Have you got any other friends on your friends list? Your name will also be in the friends list where you can set your status etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Feb 12 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, I sent you a friend request. I think my psn is ikuikuikuiku. lol.[/b]

Dam bru you could have got an easier PSN name :lol: your user name sounds like some Amazonian forgotten tribe.

Its my girlfriends name 4 times. If i hadve known I was stuck with that permenanlty I would have thought of a better one. lol.

Hey Ceejay. Sorry bud did not have much time yesterday and was in a room with a few savages you included lol. I like your little choke out on me a tap on the back saying sleep tight and left me eating floor tile for a couple of minutes haha.

Got to make a private room so we dont have a whole lot of noobs in it. As you can see I need some help!! For headshots do you use first person view or over the shoulder? With the circle I can never judge when it is on his head as it seems to either fire into the chest or over the head. I wish they had an actual crosshair and not a small circle. I much prefer the crosshair system on Killzone.

No worries, it was fun while it lasted. Those guys were owning me as well. If we make a private game it will be one on one, are u up for that?

The camera I use depends on distance and whether or not the target is moving. 1st person will get you quick head shots on stationary guys who either havent seen you yet or are pointing there gun at someone else. !st person is good for close to medium moving targets. That circle is your margin for error so the further you are the harder it is to hit. Also on low level your recoil forces your shots up if you hold down fire too much. Master the firearms skill and level up and your accuray will imrove heads. Also sweep from side to side and shooting is good. Dont shoot at guys who are rolling, wait until they stand up from the roll as they pause a little. Aslo know when to leave a guy alone, if hes high level and far away dont chase him let him go and pick on someone else.

My skills are: Mastered assault rifles (this takes up 3 of 4 slots)
sixth sense (protects me from playboy mags etc(I can see them highlighted)

use your playboy mags!! I took your advice and they work really well. Just roll to knock your own team mates off them if they walk onto one by mistake.

Weapon also makes a big differenc, use your drebin points to get that star wars looking assault rifle with the laser scope. It great for short and long range head shots.

Latest posts