• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mindset and mental strength

Nice read. That`s why they are the best, it the little details that makes the whole.

It would be nice to see if they can apply it if they find them self in bad situation. Like going 21-0 in the first 20m. or whatever bad scenario could happen.

I thought about that too! Couldn't help remembering their opening game in the RWC.
The entire world watching, they were losing against Argentina, two yellow cards, one for their captain, but they kept their cool, got their **** together, regrouped and won the game.
I'd like to see a stronger team put them under pressure but i'm not sure which team that would be.

If you look at their games in the last RC, they started losing several and had quite close first halves (against RSA and Argentina come to mind), but they kept their cool and both RSA and Argentina completely lost the plot in the second half. You can argue the difference lies in physical aptitude. I find it hard to believe the difference is that big at this level. Has to be mental to a significant extent.
They saw this was a weakness (10 years ago), worked on it, and now they are, or at least appear to be, miles ahead of the rest in this aspect.

Well, it helps a lot having 2 teams almost. They could swap 15 players and still be at nº1. Most of the teams lose 4/5 players and the team is not that good. That same WC match if we had some impact players on the bench...then....I recall SBW doing masive damage to a tired Pumas defense.

Well today we can see if that mental coach works or not haha

Latest posts