• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Montpellier unveil signings for 2015/2016

This is correct but Pierre Spies will not be in Montpellier before Feb 2016

- - - Updated - - -

I will be very surprised to see FTD at 12 if that happens he may well be looking for another club sooner than later. Catrakilis will start some games at 10 but Ben Lucas should probably revert to 15 where he was last season and alternate with Mogg there is also Pierre Berand as 3rd fullback Of course Jakes methods are entirely opposite to Galthie's but that is all good as Galthie was not the easiest person to work with.

Since Frans Steyn is announced my prediction won't happen, I agree with you on the rest but I think that FTD should have been converted to the center position a long time ago.

We were at 11 saffas but apparently we have now aquired CJ Van de Linde, as said by some SA journo so that now makes 12 + our 2 still under contract Ebersohn and Cilliers, one more and we have a full team,+ our 2 SA coaches Jake White and Shaun Sowerby, we may turn the Presidencial stand into an enormous brai area to keep everyone happy, could be a very interesting season...........

We were at 11 saffas but apparently we have now aquired CJ Van de Linde, as said by some SA journo so that now makes 12 + our 2 still under contract Ebersohn and Cilliers, one more and we have a full team,+ our 2 SA coaches Jake White and Shaun Sowerby, we may turn the Presidencial stand into an enormous brai area to keep everyone happy, could be a very interesting season...........

It's becoming a bit of a joke actually.

it proves that the SA market is ripe for getting good players at a good price. It also further proves that French teams don't care as much about development of their own players and rather buy foreigners.

Isn't there some sort of quota on how many foreigners you are allowed to have on your books, and has these signings not surpassed that quota??

It's becoming a bit of a joke actually.

it proves that the SA market is ripe for getting good players at a good price. It also further proves that French teams don't care as much about development of their own players and rather buy foreigners.

Isn't there some sort of quota on how many foreigners you are allowed to have on your books, and has these signings not surpassed that quota??

Yes its called Jiff and it works as 55% of the team sheet has has to be French or qualified French, on average per the whole season not per match, to qualify you have to be French or gone through the academies before you are 21 eg Misha Niarashvila at Montpellier, or become French on residency (3yrs)
as you say the SA market is great for France as you have good young players which are not costing the clubs massive cash but for the players they are earniong loads more than in SA. As i have said many times the clubs are more interested in winning the Bouclier than what happens in the National team, it's a very strange affair but it makes the club rugby second to none and great to watch, i prefer the club rugby to the National team by a country mile but things may change when Noves is in charge. If you look through the teams you will find that there are many with many foreign players but we seem to have a great liking for the Saffas at Montpellier even before Jake took over, and not really surprising with Jake White in charge he knows these guys and will get the best out of them, and for me its excellent i have always got on really welll with the Sud Affs many have been to our house for brai's and beer and still very good friends with Rassie at La Rochellle.

- - - Updated - - -

What's all this crazy talk of FTD at centre?

only one person Hugol who has just joined the forum so he's excused its been done manY times and never worked well, even played for France at centre and fullback FTD is a pure 10 and nothing else and if PSA has anything upstairs he will lead France at 10 to whatever in the WC.
If Jake decides otherwise which i very much doubt that, it may be the end of FTD and Montpellier.

Latest posts