• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

most annoying fan

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> by the way, i must get myself one of these next time i'm in new zealand

1283sml.jpg
[/b]

*sharp intake of breath* is that a cow-bell?! I wouldn't take that to Franklins Gardens, you'll get shouted at!
[/b][/quote]

I wouldn't recommend taking it to Vicarage road either. It'll get nicked. :bleh!:
[/b][/quote]

What yer talking about! There isn't anyone there!

My friend Rory. Nice enough guy, complete nutter half the time, but an embarrassment to be around at a lot of Rugby matches. We went with a few friends to Bristol to watched Blues beat Bristol in the Heineken Cup, and basically,when Gareth Thomas scored Cardiff's second try, he turned round and stuck his middle finger up at the crowd behind us. Not a good thing to be doing considering we were the away fans, and the stand behind us was full of annoyed looking Bristol fans...
He screams stuff like 'REF YOU F****** WA****!' when a decision go's against the Blues. Can't say I've never shouted stuff at the ref, but I only do it when they deserve it, and try to keep the language down to a minimum. Felt sorry for this one bloke, who said one thing about a bad ref's decision to Rory, and then had to put up with Rory turning round tapping him on the arm saying random stuff to him all match... He can be annoying as hell to play Rugby with, he has an annoying habit of shouting 'TRY-TIME' every time he makes a break. Still, nice enough guy, just not all there to be honest.

My friend Rory. Nice enough guy, complete nutter half the time, but an embarrassment to be around at a lot of Rugby matches. We went with a few friends to Bristol to watched Blues beat Bristol in the Heineken Cup, and basically,when Gareth Thomas scored Cardiff's second try, he turned round and stuck his middle finger up at the crowd behind us. Not a good thing to be doing considering we were the away fans, and the stand behind us was full of annoyed looking Bristol fans...
He screams stuff like 'REF YOU F****** WA****!' when a decision go's against the Blues. Can't say I've never shouted stuff at the ref, but I only do it when they deserve it, and try to keep the language down to a minimum. Felt sorry for this one bloke, who said one thing about a bad ref's decision to Rory, and then had to put up with Rory turning round tapping him on the arm saying random stuff to him all match... He can be annoying as hell to play Rugby with, he has an annoying habit of shouting 'TRY-TIME' every time he makes a break. Still, nice enough guy, just not all there to be honest.
[/b]
What stand were you in?I was in the centenary terrace an dit was a good atmosphere with some friendly banter, although there was one Bristol fan who kept going about Swansea, trying to wind us up, i guess he got his football and rugby mixed up, plus i think Newport is more of the traditional local rival.

we were in the Bass stand, had a cool atmosphere, because a load of Blues fans on the edge of the centenary stand were belting out Welsh rugby songs, with the Bristol fans countering with 'Swing Low.' Still wondering why we ended up singing 'Sospan Fach' though...

by the way, i must get myself one of these next time i'm in new zealand

1283sml.jpg

[/b]

Shudder, those bloody cow bells that Waikato rattle about are the most annoying things ever. Bloody can't stand those Hamiltonian crowds...

he has an annoying habit of shouting 'TRY-TIME' every time he makes a break.
[/b]
Haha, that's not annoying, thats hillarious!

Although I have never gone to Waikato the cowbells and chainsaws would have to be bloody annoying, you can hear it on TV loud as anything, it'd be excruciating at the ground....

I think the most annoying people would be those people who show up to the Force games wearing AFL gear, considering the AFL is basically trying to bury the Force...oh, and killjoys who sit thier studying the game intensely and if the crowd makes a sound he looks at the nearest 'offender' and gives them a dirty look....

coming from melbourne.... the dumbest city in the world

[/b]

All fixed Melburnians are retarded move to Adelaide you might get less rugby union but you wont be surrounded by retarded scum and you can get foxtel. :)

Although I have never gone to Waikato the cowbells and chainsaws would have to be bloody annoying, you can hear it on TV loud as anything, it'd be excruciating at the ground.... [/b]

Wait, what? Chainsaws?! :blink:

<div class='quotemain'>

Although I have never gone to Waikato the cowbells and chainsaws would have to be bloody annoying, you can hear it on TV loud as anything, it'd be excruciating at the ground.... [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Oh yeah, yeah. Chainsaws I tell 'ya. You can hear the bloody things on tv. But the cow bells just take the cake, everyone f***ing has them! And they think they're cool! :blink:

Read this, sums up Waikato perfectly:

Waratahs' fly-half Kurtley Beale was left to rue a late chance to win his side's Super 14 game against the Chiefs on Saturday after he missed a 79th-minute kick.

After Lote Tuqiri scored in the dying minutes to claw the 'Tahs back to 17-17, Beale stepped up and got both barrels of the bizarre Waikato welcome to goal-kickers.

Along with heckling and jeering, many of the 11,000 locals banged cowbells and one man even fired up a buzzing chainsaw in the stand.

"I have never experienced anything like that," Beale told the Australian Daily Telegraph.

"It was my first time (having a kick to win). I have always been a second-string kicker. When I used to kick at Joeys, there was silence for both teams. But the boys told me there would be a guy with a chainsaw at the back of the stadium, and he'd start it when you're kicking at goal.

"I kind of expected (the hostility), but I was just trying to focus on the ball and the kick," Beale said.

"I hit a few good ones there but I think in the end, the wind took it across and we couldn't get away with it."

With last season's kicker, Peter Hewat, no longer in Super Rugby Beale has been handed the goal-kicking duties this season, but he is not shying away from the pressure.

"I like being the kicker," Beale said.

"It's another strength to my game. I am fortunate enough to be in this position, and I have just got to practise more in different circumstances."

From Planet-Rugby.com

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Yep.

There's a guy who revs up the chainsaw everytime an opposition kicker is about to kick for goal or if Waikato scores a try. Personally, I love that ****.....makes it even sweeter when we win down there.

<div class='quotemain'> coming from melbourne.... the dumbest city in the world
[/b]
All fixed Melburnians are retarded move to Adelaide you might get less rugby union but you wont be surrounded by retarded scum and you can get foxtel. :)
[/b][/quote]

haha yeah i have foxtel now so i can enjoy my rugby

adealide is the most boring city in Australia, everyone knows it :p why would anyone think of moving there? :)

p.s we stole your Grand Prix :p

I think Bath love their cowbells...and the Italian clubs.

Speaking of the Italian clubs, I was going to say this about the Italians and Captain Morgan's (was it CM? If not, I apologise) comment in another thread about them "segregating themselves" in the Millenium Stadium.

Essentially, they all stick together to make loads of noise. If they did what we did and just sat scattered around the stadium, they'd never be able to acheive a decent amount of decibels. Simple acoustics basically. Viadana for example stuck together on their stand in one huge mass and had this guy with a megaphone at the front blaring at full blast marshalling the troops and starting the songs (mainly from the Blues Brothers) and also handily updating everyone (I guess) on club business.

Anyway, after 30 minutes of this constantly going on, it does get a bit weary after a while. If you think 1,500 with a single guy with a huge megaphone is bad, try 40,000 at the Stadio Flaminio with loads of megaphones!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> coming from melbourne.... the dumbest city in the world
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

adealide is the most boring city in Australia, everyone knows it

[/b][/quote]

yeah and you steal hubcaps,tv anything basically can be hocked. :p

Adelaide boring i think not! i love going to Adelaide and have a ball every time i go.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> coming from melbourne.... the dumbest city in the world
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Adelaide boring i think not! i love going to Adelaide and have a ball every time i go.
[/b][/quote]

i'm actually heading over to adelaide in a few months for the first time :) i'll keep you posted.

hopefully they don't find my body in a 44 gallon drum inside an old bank vault :p

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Yep.

There's a guy who revs up the chainsaw everytime an opposition kicker is about to kick for goal or if Waikato scores a try. Personally, I love that ****.....makes it even sweeter when we win down there.

[/b][/quote]

personally i love the cow bells and chainsaws aswell. its real intimidation. and bloody hard case too. the one thing that can stand up to erricson stadium back with the warriors of old, where scoring trys came second to making a big it.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> coming from melbourne.... the dumbest city in the world
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

i'm actually heading over to adelaide in a few months for the first time :) i'll keep you posted.

hopefully they don't find my body in a 44 gallon drum inside an old bank vault :p
[/b][/quote]

YOUR GOING HOME IN A BARREL!

:p

Cool tis quite the city. :D

I'm going over in march cant wait. :)

Anyway back on topic.

coming from melbourne.... the dumbest rugby union city in the world

the percentage of wallabies fans who actually know their stuff is quite small.

then you have the crowd at the game which is made up of ex-pat kiwis living over here who believe any decision against the all blacks is a bad one.

then the rest of the crowd consists of people who were given tickets by their company and have no interest or no knowledge in the game. several times i've heard "i don't get this game anyway" "what happens now?" "i'm not here for the game" "i just like it when they lift people up" "was that a goal?" hearing this makes my blood boil
[/b]

Totally agree, I was there for the SAF, NZ quarter final in 2003, and heard such great quotes as "so if you knock the ball forward, play stops"? and AFL is so much better than this game. Not to many true Rugby fans in those parts.

Latest posts