Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Centres

• Wings

• Fullbacks

• Total voters
oh and it looks like the fly half is winning the voting poll!
everybody has brought up some good points tho about how no one is better than the other. but yea if it came to which group is most important it would hav to probably be the tight 5. followed closely probably by the loose forwards or inside backs.

I think the answer to the question is more and more dependent on a specific player. There are some players who have the skills to everything, a prop with a nice side step in addition to good scrummaging, or a fly half who can ruck and maul in addition to distributing and kicking suddenly becomes an important asset to the team.

I cant believe this.. the stupid first five got the highest rating... unbelieveable...

I cant believe this.. the stupid first five got the highest rating... unbelieveable...

Obviously it's the props. They are like Atlas, holding the globe.

Who here isn't going to vote for their own position?

Im not voting for my own position. Its quite clear that the rocks of the team are the props and flyhalf/scrumhalf but the props are the most important. No questions asked.

It's a fact that if your forwards don't peform, your team probably won't win.

Take yesterday's top of the table clash between Currie u18s and Biggar u18s in the Edinburgh/Borders league.

Our forwards played amazing, took 10 of their feeds in the scrum and turned them over many a time. Their forwards played like fannies and we kicked their arse up and down the pitch all game.

The final score was 31-20, and we were 31-3 up before they took off the forwards who were **** hot (namely me and the skipper) and replaced them with a couple of more inexperienced boys. We then managed to ship 17 points in the last 7mins of the game. Proof that forwards are more important than backs.

Forwards gets you the ball, the ball gets you the point... take one out of that equation, u get nothing!

Yeah, and a fat prop intercepts the ball with 70m to go and runs... 4m before being put on his fat ass. No points.

There's only one addage that can be said as fair in this thread; "Forwards win you a game, Backs decide by how much".

Flyhalf no doubt about it.

A lot of teams depend on their fh to dictate the games and keep them going forward, and if the fh fails the team will most probably lose the plot as well. Like on Saturday, if the Ozzies played Larkham at fh they would most probably have won.

But looking at a team like the AB, they could put blind man on fh and they would still win because they don't base there play or team against one specific player or position.

i think they are all as important as each other cause for the fly half to feed the ball out they need the ball to get it they need the scrum half for the scrum half to get it they need the forwards...

[/b]

Me. I'm a winger. I get such an easy life and i get so much glory from it as well.

Brilliant. :bleh!:

I think all of the positions are equally important, you take a centre out of the team and it screws things up, you take a prop out and it screws things up....
If one was way more important than all the others, everyone would just want to be that position all the time, and you wouldn't have any others!

Yeh well, obviously the backs get to score most of the points- the halfbacks and the centres are your generals in deciding exactly where the ball goes- but what exactly would they do without the ball?

IMO, the most important player on the field has to be the openside flanker, usually he will have the highest tackle count in any match, he will have to win turnover ball which in turn can release the counter-attacking backs, he will have to slow down the opposition`s ball when he can`t win the turnover, he will have to contest for every ball on the park. Without a good openside flanker, your team is dead and buried before you have even begun. And I say this as an inside centre!

Obviously it's the props. They are like Atlas, holding the globe.

[/b]

Yes well I Voted for my own Position.

We maybe ugly!
We maybe Fat!
We may smell bad! :champion:

But what would you do without us?

Hard to say really, but it comes down to the forwards to set the platform to win matches, the scrumhalf to provide clean ball as well as lead the team around the park and the flyhalf to make choices in attack and defence. These 10 players are the most important, though I am starting to sway closer to saying the loose forwards and the tighthead prop are most important.

Have to be the props, refs will make scrums uncontested if you don't have a prop who knows what they're doing.
And not all of us smell bad, just the welsh ones.

has to be the first five
usually the most skilled player in any team
hes the General of the team, dictates plays
takes the kicks at goal, does line clearances

Hes the Man...

Latest posts