• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Ulster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 1 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Nov 1 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
12. Mafi - 8 (Finally partnership worked and Mafi looked like the one we have grew to love in Munster, Best tackling Centre in Europe[/b]
Bet tackling centre - possibly. Best defender - not a chance. Mafi tends to shoot out of the line in search of a big hit too often thus leaving a gap in the defensive line. He's been an outstanding signing for Munster but is prone to mistakes in defence and in attack he rarely passes the ball (though he always goes forward and gives some excellent offloads). He had a good game yesterday though.

I'm surprised you didn't rate Leamy higher. He had easily his best game of the year and was a contender for MoM.
[/b][/quote]
Agree with Mafi comments but think it works alot better with JDV outside as Pro's outweigh Con's much better this way.

Leamy was one player I was debating on but just tought he wasn't yet up to what he capable of.
Yes it was his best game of year but that more down to performances been poor,

My 3 contenders for MoM were - Wallace, Tomas(MoM) & Warwick.

Leamy was a monster in defence, and made serious yardage whenever he picked up the ball, had a great game, and has put himself back in Ireland contention.

ROG getting a 7 is a bit of a joke too, it was an improvement, but If Sexton played that exact game I don't think people would be so complimentary, he needs to improve. Stuff like restarts out on the full, loosing the ball in contact, taking the ball in the contact and giving away kick able penalties, penalties not finding touch wouldn't be acceptable from any other fly half and shouldn't be from ROG either just because he played better yesterday than he has done of late.

Archer did pretty well at scrumtime, you couldn't really ask much more of him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 1 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Leamy was a monster in defence, and made serious yardage whenever he picked up the ball, had a great game, and has put himself back in Ireland contention.

ROG getting a 7 is a bit of a joke too, it was an improvement, but If Sexton played that exact game I don't think people would be so complimentary, he needs to improve. Stuff like restarts out on the full, loosing the ball in contact, taking the ball in the contact and giving away kick able penalties, penalties not finding touch wouldn't be acceptable from any other fly half and shouldn't be from ROG either just because he played better yesterday than he has done of late.

Archer did pretty well at scrumtime, you couldn't really ask much more of him.[/b]
Agree about Leamy but still know he has alot more and that why I held him at 7

As for ROG I stated he only got 7 for 1or 2 vital hits and agreed and highlighted that ROG was involved in nearly every error.
Like there was 1 stage Paulie knocked on but it all started back with a horrible pass from ROG to Mafi that missed him and bobbled along

Also Archer is after pushing himself well up pecking order

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Nov 1 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also Archer is after pushing himself well up pecking order[/b]
Do you think so? In my opinion Munster's tighthead options are as follows:

1. Hayes
2. Buckley
3. Brugnaut
4. Dave Ryan
5. Archer

Archer may have closed the gap on Ryan but he's still a long way behind the others. If he plays well in the A games he has a chance to jump up to 3rd on the depth chart but for now he's a long way back. It's good to see a young prop given a chance though.

Archer is only 21 ffs, he gets thrown in against one of the better scrums in the ML and holds up well, don't get carried away, but he will be #1 on your list one day snoopy, but not before 2011 anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 1 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Nov 1 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also Archer is after pushing himself well up pecking order[/b]
Do you think so? In my opinion Munster's tighthead options are as follows:

1. Hayes
2. Buckley
3. Brugnaut
4. Dave Ryan
5. Archer

Archer may have closed the gap on Ryan but he's still a long way behind the others. If he plays well in the A games he has a chance to jump up to 3rd on the depth chart but for now he's a long way back. It's good to see a young prop given a chance though.
[/b][/quote]

Been honest he gone ahead of Ryan (who i have seen alot in AIL) but between him and Buckley I believe if you looking in scrummaging terms Archer but for power etc Buckley is there.

As for Brugnaut (Bruno) at 3 i'd have him in pole position for #1 jersey if Marcus doesn't pick up form (hopefully his problem isn't serious) as Bruno prefers loosehead

Latest posts