• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster vs Ospreys

On the flip side, Byrne has been bloody awful for a while now.

True but well will that mean Bowe will be at 15 which I think he is less effective. I don't think we can take our eye off the job as the Ospreys will have talent all over.

I think they'd use Prydie before Bowe at fullback,
Bowe would be missed too much on the wing (especially with Shane out)
Having said that, I'm not sure who's in their HC squad, or whether they'd give Prydie only his second start (and third match this season) starting this.

In all respect, you can say we have 'talent all over', but that's a load of ****. We're a bunch of bottlers who can't apply an appropriate game plan for a certain game, or even come up with such a game plan. I could write you the script of the match right now if you wanted?
Byrne might be off-form, but I'd still have him over most full backs in Britain, and as a region we have no-one even close to the same level as him in our squad.
I said 25-point dicking earlier in the thread, but now Shane, Marty and Byrne are out it will probably be more like the score from the quarter final a couple of years ago. Munster will at least hit 30, and our score will end up being a multiple of 3.

I think Hollah is a big loss as there is nobody in Ospreys ranks like him for fetching dirty ball etc. On plus side Munster have Marcus Horan back training and Felix Jones doing light rehab so for once we seem to have alot of positives.

Is the Felix Jones injury the neck one or did he pick up another one?

Seen that Cymro but don't understand how he was let get away with it twice. It a pure lack of professionalism.
Lynam Felix injured his knee this time after making a comeback from neck injury and a good start to season

Yeh Barry Davies will start. Not a bad replacement, but hasn't really showed all that much sinse joining the Ospreys. With Byrne's form though, I doubt we'll be missing much.

The thing is though in these big matches experience is a big factor and well Byrne had that

Barry Davies impressed me the one time I saw him play in person, but not in Byrne's league.

Munster Squad: Wian du Preez, Damien Varley, Mike Sherry, Darragh Hurley, John Hayes, Tony Buckley, Dave Ryan, Donncha O'Callaghan, Paul O'Connell, Mick O'Driscoll, Donnacha Ryan, James Coughlan, David Wallace, Alan Quinlan, Niall Ronan, Denis Leamy, Tomas O'Leary, Peter Stringer, Ronan O'Gara, Paul Warwick, Johne Murphy, Lifeimi Mafi, Tom Gleeson, Scott Deasy, Denis Hurley, Sam Tuitupou, Keith Earls, Doug Howlett.

Likely Team:

1. du Preez
2. Varley
3. Buckley
4. O'Callaghan
5. O'Driscoll
6. Leamy
7. Wallace
8. Coughlan
9. Stringer
10. O'Gara
11. Murphy
12. Tuitupou
13. Earls
14. Howlett
15. Warwick

16. Sherry
17. Ryan
18. Hayes
19. O'Connell
20. Quinlan
21. O'Leary
22. Denis Hurley
23. Mafi

O'Connell, Flannery and Felix Jones away from a full strength team, although I see Varley holding onto the jersey when Fla comes back to be honest. Osprey's missing Byrne, Williams and Holah is a much bigger blow.

Don't be surprised to see Quinny start MunsterMan. Jerry Flannery is back running and progressing well. Paul O'Connell is nearly fit but needs games and bit more stamina work.

Also don't rule out a 6-2 split on bench as many options are been explored

Poite isn't ref. Berdos is ref. This is due to Pearson having an injury

True as are most French refs ( I miss Joel Judge). But Poite is alot worst than Berdos.

Well probably expected but Donnacha Ryan won't be in squad for Ospreys game as he will be playing B&I cup. Few others like Deasy, Gleeson and Dave Ryan are in A squad too

Latest posts