• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster vs Ospreys

Team named lads. Pretty much as expected but great to see Coughlan get chance at 6. He is in super form and well we have an excellent bench to use too.

Team named lads. Pretty much as expected but great to see Coughlan get chance at 6. He is in super form and well we have an excellent bench to use too.
Yeap as said:
http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/8387.php
Munster: P Warwick; D Howlett, K Earls, S Tuitupou, J Murphy; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; W du Preez, D Varley, T Buckley; D O'Callaghan, M O'Driscoll; J Coughlan, D Wallace, D Leamy capt. Replacements: M Sherry, D Hurley, J Hayes, P O'Connell, A Quinlan, P Stringer, L Mafi, D Hurley.
Although would have rather seen Stringer starting, but I guess O'Leary will be a better match-up for Philips (if he starts) and Stringer can come on with 20 minutes to go and take the tiring opposition on. One thing is that I hope Hayes doesn't get on.

Gavin I think that is the reason TOL was picked is because of the size of Phillips and well there is a feeling it will be a 10 man game for opening half at least. Also I think Stringer can make a big impact off the bench where I don't think TOL is able to make the same impact but decision is simply horses for Courses

Stringer has never been bested by Philips.

And TOL has not earned his place with his last performance.

Maybe he's been training well.

I have never ever seen Mike Phillips get the better of Peter Stringer, every time they have come up against each other Stringer has made him look a fool. Happy enough with the team all the same, excellent options on the bench too.

Both have been training well but lads the decision is simply down to physicality and the fact we have a super bench in which I believe will have a big part to play. Stringer will make a difference when he comes on

I think they just need to remember that they have a great bench. If TOL is not up to stuff, make the switch sooner. I am ok letting a coach of the hook for implementing change before the game gets out of reach. Even if it does not work at least the coached tried.

Lads on our bench.
Sherry - Will be a talent in future
Darragh Hurley - Unlikely to be used a good prop though
Hayes - Excellent lifter and experienced to the last
POC - Dont even have to comment
Quinlan - True Munster Warrior who'll die for team.
Stringer - A class act and superb passer.
Mafi - Can be immense when on form
Denis Hurley - A fine player unlucky to miss out on starting 15.

That is an excellent bench lads and could be a big impact on the game

Ospreys: Barry Davies; Tommy Bowe, Andrew Bishop, James Hook, Richard Fussell; Dan Biggar, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Richard Hibbard, Adam Jones, Ryan Jones, Alun Wyn Jones (capt), Jerry Collins, Marty Holah/Justin Tipuric, Jonathan Thomas.

Replacements: Mefin Davies, Duncan Jones, Craig Mitchell, Ian Gough, Justin Tipuric/Tom Smith, Jamie Nutbrown, Sonny Parker, Nikki Walker.

Strong team considering the injuries. Ospreys have appealed against Holah's ban, if overturned he starts, if not it'll be Tipuric, who is in form. Glad Fussell's been picked over Nikki Walker, as he's playing better although doesn't have the experience at this intensity, even if he was playing the big games for the Dragons. I'm glad Bennett's been left out, although I'd rather Nutbrown joined him in the stands.

I think Phillips' gameplan really has to changed for this match. He cannot keep taking into contact as Munster will thrive on a tight game and will strip him at the breakdown. The Ospreys need to spread it wide quickley. I would say the half backs could blow this game for the Ospreys as they are playing to the teams strengths.

I'm finding it hard to think of an Ospreys game that I've ever had less interest in.

Holah let off the hook and free to play Munster. I thought one week ban was the correct time but absolutely no punishment for a cynical trip that forced a player to leave the pitch is really not good enough. You can see why people hate the Ospreys as they do always seem to cheat the system. Anyway a possitive for the Ospreys he culd be a key figure.

Going to be a long day at the scrum for Munster, got mullered in that first one

This ref is going to get lynched!
Straight red for O'connell chopping JT in the kneck

Vital turnover by Quinal (if he was in the #20?) to stop Ospreys last attack

How come Mafis shirt didn't have the sponsors on it?

Should have been a yellow card i doubt he will miss much game time a week at most it was clearly unintentional.

Latest posts