• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My REVIEW of Rugby 2005

Originally posted by flanku+Feb 9 2005, 06:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flanku @ Feb 9 2005, 06:21 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 9 2005, 03:19 AM
why should we have to use a bl**dy cheat to score tries???? This is really getting on my wick !!!

any comments would be very welcome!
jimmy, I would venture a guess that the need for cheats to score tries is based on Lock's (or anyone else's for that matter) short time playing the game. I take it as a positive sign that the single player game will be more interesting, one where strategy is at least as important as mastering the game play nuances, (one can dream, right?).

Since I live in South America where it is difficult to find an able live opponent, I'm kind of banking on this being the case, otherwise it will be another great 2 weeks of playing and 12 months of waiting for R2006 (as was the case with me for R2004). [/b]
Yes I hope you're right - Locksley can't have had the game for long but has played it solidly since he got it, and think is a very accomplished gamer. I recon if it is too hard (witout cheating - I refuse to cheat!!) then as I said before, we might be able to tweak the teams to make it a little easier??

when we say "cheat", are we talking about a technique or trick which always works kinda as a loophole, rather than a deliberate game-breaking code thingy.

apologies for overwhelming use of tecnical jargon.

Does the AI play differentiy for the teams in the game [Argentina strong foward play, France always looking to counter attack, The Samoans looking for the big hit ect ] or do they all play the same way just varying difficulties

Originally posted by robbinho@Feb 10 2005, 12:50 AM
when we say "cheat", are we talking about a technique or trick which always works kinda as a loophole, rather than a deliberate game-breaking code thingy.

apologies for overwhelming use of tecnical jargon.
Thats what I meant - its a bit like 2004 when you could almost always score or at least gain huge yardage using the bling side set move from the scrum. Never any defence that side!!

Robbinho

Can you tell me if the trick you talk about is also effective when playign the AI on hard difficulty? - is it still too easy to score tries?

Cheers

J

i would like to know if the irish provinces have their real kits and crests. thanks

ok,right i have strangish sort of question for anyone who knows,
can u have cpu vs cpu matches
the reason i ask is it was absent on rugby 2004 and i really enjoy watching the cpu play, i dont know why. so anyone who knows it would be great help if u could let me know

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
( Speaking of scotland, i don't know if there are any scotts on this forum, but i'd like to apologize to the scotts for this stepping on the line sh**t that was called against their team last saturday. I'm French but i hate to see that kind of thing happen......the try was valid , it would have been a whole different game .)[/b]

haha thanks handsomebob, appreciate it. allister hogg had that one! man, i cant wait until this game comes out!!!

<
ninja for added awesomeness

Originally posted by The Ospreys@Feb 10 2005, 07:13 AM
ok,right i have strangish sort of question for anyone who knows,
can u have cpu vs cpu matches
the reason i ask is it was absent on rugby 2004 and i really enjoy watching the cpu play, i dont know why. so anyone who knows it would be great help if u could let me know
surely u can

i never checked, but on the team selection screen, u can move the controllers to the nutruel position, in the ecntre of the screen suggesting its CPUvCPU

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 10 2005, 11:07 AM
Yes, AI can play AI
Can it? I pressed start with both controller icons in the middle and it wouldn't let me start a match until I moved a controller to either side!

Hi All

Yesterday at the Preview of the Game i spoke to Andrew Wilson. I asked about the kicking and he wasnt too happy about the criticism. I also asked him about off-loads, because when i was playing the game sometimes i could offload but never when i was falling. He said that they had plenty of Animations for the offloads, but they couldnt combine them all. He said the offloads in the game are when your just been tackled, but you cant offload if your been tackled around the ball area. He also said if not timed properly you would knock the ball on.

On one hand im disappointed but this is due to the Time schedule more than anything else. But on the other hand im so excited that there is a contest for the ball at the Tackle. Some are timing errors or just a big hit. I also had to get used to not pressing the X button too much at Ruck time as i would have no defenders in the Back line. This is very good especially at pressure situations. Brilliant.

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 10 2005, 01:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 10 2005, 01:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Feb 10 2005, 11:07 AM
Yes, AI can play AI
Can it? I pressed start with both controller icons in the middle and it wouldn't let me start a match until I moved a controller to either side! [/b]
Oh, I thought you said you could, sorry.

Originally posted by jonwebb@Feb 10 2005, 05:46 PM
Hi All

Yesterday at the Preview of the Game i spoke to Andrew Wilson. I asked about the kicking and he wasnt too happy about the criticism. I also asked him about off-loads, because when i was playing the game sometimes i could offload but never when i was falling. He said that they had plenty of Animations for the offloads, but they couldnt combine them all. He said the offloads in the game are when your just been tackled, but you cant offload if your been tackled around the ball area. He also said if not timed properly you would knock the ball on.

On one hand im disappointed but this is due to the Time schedule more than anything else. But on the other hand im so excited that there is a contest for the ball at the Tackle. Some are timing errors or just a big hit. I also had to get used to not pressing the X button too much at Ruck time as i would have no defenders in the Back line. This is very good especially at pressure situations. Brilliant.
jeeezus kryst!!!!!!!!!!
he was there??

lucky for him

i would have sprayed a shitload of crap towards him for the lying on rugby 2004
then pat him on the back for rugby 2005
it is that good, all in rugby 2004 is forgiven!!!!

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 10 2005, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 10 2005, 05:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jonwebb
@Feb 10 2005, 05:46 PM
Hi All

Yesterday at the Preview of the Game i spoke to Andrew Wilson.  I asked about the kicking and he wasnt too happy about the criticism.  I also asked him about off-loads, because when i was playing the game sometimes i could offload but never when i was falling.  He said that they had plenty of Animations for the offloads, but they couldnt combine them all.  He said the offloads in the game are when your just been tackled, but you cant offload if your been tackled around the ball area.  He also said if not timed properly you would knock the ball on. 

On one hand im disappointed but this is due to the Time schedule more than anything else.  But on the other hand im so excited that there is a contest for the ball at the Tackle.  Some are timing errors or just a big hit.  I also had to get used to not pressing the X button too much at Ruck time as i would have no defenders in the Back line.  This is very good especially at pressure situations.  Brilliant.
jeeezus kryst!!!!!!!!!!
he was there??

lucky for him

i would have sprayed a shitload of crap towards him for the lying on rugby 2004
then pat him on the back for rugby 2005
it is that good, all in rugby 2004 is forgiven!!!! [/b]
Its that good AK47. It is actually beyond belief. I struggled early on the XBox version (The control is crap for Rugby and they game didnt respond as well as the PS2 but graphics are breath Taking). But when you get the hang of everything you dont want to stop. The only issue i have is with the kicking, its such an important part, especially when you getting smashed and losing ground, you need to try and gain some easy yards. I was having to start breaks from around my 22 to close to the try line, sometimes i would go 20 phases to get there. Very Hard work. On that note the Rucks are very good, play close to the pack and you will very rarley lose possesion.

yea i played against andrew wilson!

he won 20-7

i was england and he was australia

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 10 2005, 06:56 PM
yea i played against andrew wilson!

he won 20-7

i was england and he was australia
Did he look like he was going to kill/rape/mortally-wound you when you scored that try?

He looks like the sort of person who would do such a thing.

Latest posts