• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

n00b Q: what position would sonny bill play?

Good on him for making the switch, all for the right reasons too as far as I can see.
I thought I heard on the grapevine that Perpignan was chasing DC? Don't quote me though... [/b]

Dan Carter will play 6 month next season (starting at the end of November Tour) for Perpignan.

I think it has to be at 13...He isn't the ball handler that you'd need at 12, and isn't quick enough for the wing...And he isn't a Rugby forward...He played as a second rower in league mostly, but league second rowers often linger out wide, and play as the second centre anyway (since they only have one centre on either side)..

Awesome he made the switch. Center would prob be more suited for him but maybe wing would work as well for him - pace, strength, step.

He would be a devastating runner and defender in the midfield. Will need to get his shoulder charge under control though.

he absolutely smashed that 10, apparently after game the 10 said it felt like he had been hit by a massive electric shock

Well, there was no attempt to make a proper tackle and it looked as though he used a high forearm at the same time.

Let's wait until he comes up against some top players later this year. Neil Best will eat him alive in the ECC.

Let's wait until he comes up against some top players later this year. Neil Best will eat him alive in the ECC. [/b]
debatable! don't think he'll have an easy ride though!

Not really, SBW is a big, physical guy who put in a high shot on a 2nd tier clubs aging fly half. There was only ever going to be one winner in that contest... I can't imagine anyone like Betsen, Tupai, Dayglo, Collins or Grewcock putting up with such behavior though.

Let alone some of the current peak guys like Haskell, Harinordiquay, Lobbe, Best, O'Connell or Laguizamon.

Then of course, he'll one day have to face Chabal. And on that day, Sonny Bill shall be laid to rest. But we all already knew that.

Has anyone got any footage of him playing any more games for Toulon or wasn't he allowed to play after that tackle? He is a big physical player but he's not a huge fulla he's just real hard. It would be good to see a SBW vs Chabal but to be honest I reckon SBW will just do a league type hit or one of his shoulder tackles without arms so he'll just end up getting sent off.

Has anyone got any footage of him playing any more games for Toulon or wasn't he allowed to play after that tackle? He is a big physical player but he's not a huge fulla he's just real hard. It would be good to see a SBW vs Chabal but to be honest I reckon SBW will just do a league type hit or one of his shoulder tackles without arms so he'll just end up getting sent off. [/b]

He hasn't played since that first match because of the pending legal action at the time, however that's all pretty much sorted. Apparently he is playing in a trial match today against Saracens.

Latest posts