• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

National League 1 Thread

T

Titan

Guest
I know of Mighty Quin, but are there are other fans of English National 1 teams who visit TRF?
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
The only guy I can think of is Covjames.

I'm interested in ND1 though. How is the rebuilding at Titans going, and do you think that Quins will lose a game? I thought at the begining they would slip up at somewhere like Plymouth or against the Cornish Pirates, but it looks less likely as the season progresses, although a few teams have performed well against them.

Also, I was going to ask how is the Powergen Shield going, as I can't find much info on it.
 
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Guest
Doncaster are my 2nd team, they don't seem to be doing too badly considering they only got promoted last season.
 
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Guest
Originally posted by harrison2468@Dec 31 2005, 01:33 PM
Why Doncaster?
My Mum's from there, and I've still got family living up North. I like to follow the team's results, although hopefully I won't be watching Northampton playing them until they get promoted.
<
 
C

covjames

Guest
As the name suggests, I'm a Cov supporter taking very keen interest in ND1 rugby.
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Dec 31 2005, 02:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Dec 31 2005, 02:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Dec 31 2005, 01:33 PM
Why Doncaster?
My Mum's from there, and I've still got family living up North. I like to follow the team's results, although hopefully I won't be watching Northampton playing them until they get promoted.
<
[/b]
Ah cool. They are doing very well for themselves, taking a few good scalps I noticed when looking at results. I don't think you may ever see Doncaster play Saints at Franklin's in the GP though. I reckon the GP will be ringfenced if Leeds go down this year
<
 
C

Canadian_Rugger

Guest
Coventry and Doncaster we have Canadian Internationals on both those teasm woot John Cannon, and Nik Witowski.
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Dec 31 2005, 04:18 PM
On the plus side though, that would mean no more Premiership leeds!
<
Yes, but no Cornish Pirates!!!
<
 
B

Bullitt

Guest
Originally posted by harrison2468+Dec 31 2005, 05:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Dec 31 2005, 05:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Dec 31 2005, 04:18 PM
On the plus side though, that would mean no more Premiership leeds!
<
Yes, but no Cornish Pirates!!!
<
[/b]
<


You can always go to a div 2 match if you want!!!!
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
Originally posted by Teh Mite+Dec 31 2005, 05:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 31 2005, 05:41 PM)</div>
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2005, 05:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Dec 31 2005, 04:18 PM
On the plus side though, that would mean no more Premiership leeds!
<

Yes, but no Cornish Pirates!!!
<
<


You can always go to a div 2 match if you want!!!! [/b]
<
I only want them guys in Cornwall to get some GP rugby. It must get lonely down there. The Midlands and North starve everyone else of it.
<
 
C

covjames

Guest
John Cannon used to play for Cov, great player. Nik still plays for us but is having some injury problems. Another Canadian, Leif Carlson used to play for Cov, he was crap.
 
T

Titan

Guest
Originally posted by harrison2468@Dec 31 2005, 10:23 AM
The only guy I can think of is Covjames.

I'm interested in ND1 though. How is the rebuilding at Titans going, and do you think that Quins will lose a game? I thought at the begining they would slip up at somewhere like Plymouth or against the Cornish Pirates, but it looks less likely as the season progresses, although a few teams have performed well against them.

Also, I was going to ask how is the Powergen Shield going, as I can't find much info on it.
This was always going to be a season of consolidation for us after the traumas of recent years. We're currently 5th in the league - a top-4 finish would be nice. If we can retain the bulk of the squad (our pack wil only get better) and depending on who comes down, we may be pushing for promotion next season....but that's a long way off at the moment!

No-one will stop Quins - they have already come through their toughest tests on the road unscathed (although we gave them a good game at Clifton Lane).

As for the Powergen Shield - we're down to the last 8, with the games to be played next weekend.


Exeter Vs Earth Titans
NEC Harlequins Vs Plymouth Albion
Nottingham Vs London Welsh
Otley Vs Bedford

Oh, and thanks for replying about my signature!
 
C

covjames

Guest
God knows where hes gone! He was good for us in the first half of last season and then he just disappeared. Still holds the Coventry record for most penalty kicks in one game though (9).
 
E

el_tk

Guest
Originally posted by covjames@Jan 2 2006, 01:55 PM
God knows where hes gone! He was good for us in the first half of last season and then he just disappeared. Still holds the Coventry record for most penalty kicks in one game though (9).
Hmm. He never used to kick for Leinster, he was first choice out-half for the 03-04 HEC cause of the Contepomi mix-up but he left after that. His form was a bit topsy-turvy for him to ever be a garaunteed starter.
 
C

Canadian_Rugger

Guest
Jared Barker played for Coventry too but also sustained some injury problems. Its too bad I would really like to see him back in game shape as he is Canada's premier flyhalf IMO
 

Latest posts

Top