• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Neutrals who are you supporting?

NEUTRALS Who are you supporting in the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia, as will show the rest of the world how a top coach with limited resources and committed squad can turn things about and put the stats and begrudgers on their ear.

It's boring to see the same people win it again and again, that's why I was rooting for the Argies. The AB's have had too much success! It feels like i'm supporting Man United when I support them. I will go for the underdog the Aussies. There defence has been awe inspiring and they seem to be a good group of lads, not that the AB's aren't.

The AB's will be targeting Pocock, I hope they don't break his legs!

No idea who will win but I think Foley is far more likely to miss kicks than Carter, I don't like his short run up.

Has to be Straya. Prefer their team, respect the turnaround they've achieved, managed to turn an old weakness into a big strength etc.
Wonder how many Kiwis voted this time! :D

Will go for the Wallabies for following reasons : underdog + last final + McCaw.

Australia without a doubt... think the All Blacks will win it through Carter's boot, though.

I reckon 8/10 current NZ votes are from NZers, judging by the hitherto responses :p

'course he did

Australia and I'm sorry for decent NZ posters (as there are many) but I've sick and tired since the before this started of a small minority of posters saying every game is in the bag and they'll beat everyone easily. Sadly the irritation has got to me and I just want to see those poster taken down a peg or five.

Yes it's petty, no I'm not proud of the fact but can't help that.

Hear hear!! That is one very good reason to go for the Aussies and I also agree most people will always go for the underdog!

My reasons are those and also that my best Antipodean mates are a married couple. He is a kiwi and she is an Aussie! As she is by far the prettiest of the two, no contest!!!

However, as they are real good mates, I cannot lose!!

Who cares about this kiwi chap, he is the only NZ troll on this forum that I am aware of.

Go watch some Brad Haddin or George Gregan and come back and answer this question, that's what the Aussies will be like when they start winning something and nobody likes that.

At least McCaw and Carter etc have some class, and also g we only won 1 cup in 24 years (less than Aussie and South Africa and we are winning it too much lol) short memories some of you have.

Last edited:
Who cares about this kiwi chap, he is the only NZ troll on this forum that I am aware of.
Honestly it's not just him he's just the worst and I don't want this to be a name calling exercise which is why I didn't do that in my OP.

- - - Updated - - -

And by worst I meant worst over the last 2 days...there have been others during the tournament.

Honestly it's not just him he's just the worst and I don't want this to be a name calling exercise which is why I didn't do that in my OP.

- - - Updated - - -

And by worst I meant worst over the last 2 days...there have been others during the tournament.

He sometimes just seems like multiple people because he posts so much ****.

Some NZ posters may just be biting back from some rival posters mocking our world cup record (which they shouldn't be mocking because ours isn't that bad really).

A lot of it is probably in good humour too, you should know that though as well since you have admitted to biting back yourself

edit: Aussie is never a real underdog in any sport that they play us so that is a bs reason tbf, last I checked they lead us 2-1 in Rugby World Cup's so technically we are the underdogs and have something to prove.

Last edited:
Ok, can we take this away from any personal conflicts you have with people on here. Its not a popularity contest.

I hope NZ win, and that they're finally satisfied by their dominance, and become a mediocre team that everyone else can beat. :p

Not supporting either team just going to enjoy watching the best two sides in the world strut their funky stuff for 80 minutes

Just hope it's a bloody good final because the others I've watched 1991 to 2011 have not been good games in terms of quality of rugby. Too much at stake and too many nerves involved. Me I like seeing history made so I'll be backing the ABs to win this. They've been the best side for the last 6 years. If they don't do it it will be an amazing performance by The Wallabies; so a win, win.

Australia.
Reason: Mario Ledesma.
I would love to see the Wallabies dominating the scrum and the forwards battle.

People prefer underdogs it is natural.

It occurs to me we are the underdogs, we have a smaller catchment area by some distance from Aussie.
We have a lot less money to spend on training facilities like the impressive Aussie Institute of Sport and then when we travel everyone and I do mean everyone is against us.
So be it and this poll confirms it.
We are universally loathed and hated by some of the pommie regulars on this forum and thats how it is, away from home we rarely get any support and that just makes it all the more satisfying when we do get the results.
A nation of 4.5 million human beings should not be this successful at rugby, but there you are... what can you do.
Go on Richie, break the record son and make the record anew, set the bar higher, thats the goal and do it in style against a very skilful and talented Wallaby team that will have thousands more voices in support than we ever will.
But most of all, just do your best and leave it all out there on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Australia, as will show the rest of the world how a top coach with limited resources and committed squad can turn things about and put the stats and begrudgers on their ear.

With truckloads more money.
With the Institute of Sports backing that Aussie kindly let the Kiwi's borrow occasionally because we don't have any facilities of that quality because we can't afford it.
With your far greater catchment because you have 20 million people to our 4.5
... and yet we are begrudgers, nice one.

Last edited:
It's got nothing to do with being underdogs, just want NZ to get twatted so I can enjoy my beer and have a little chuckle at all the arrogant NZ fanboys crying to themselves......."But, but, but, it wasn't meant to end like this"

Latest posts