• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Neutrals who are you supporting?

NEUTRALS Who are you supporting in the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It occurs to me we are the underdogs, we have a smaller catchment area by some distance from Aussie.
We have a lot less money to spend on training facilities like the impressive Aussie Institute of Sport and then when we travel everyone and I do mean everyone is against us.
So be it and this poll confirms it.
We are universally loathed and hated by some of the pommie regulars on this forum and thats how it is, away from home we rarely get any support and that just makes it all the more satisfying when we do get the results.
A nation of 4.5 million human beings should not be this successful at rugby, but there you are... what can you do.
Go on Richie, break the record son and make the record anew, set the bar higher, thats the goal and do it in style against a very skilful and talented Wallaby team that will have thousands more voices in support than we ever will.
But most of all, just do your best and leave it all out there on the field.

You've listed all other nations' advantages, but neglected to list New Zealands'! I could just as easily argue that as the only country in the developed world where the national (most popular) sport is rugby, New Zealand have underachieved massively, but there wouldn't be a lot of point in doing so.

Why the desperation to be hated? This poll confirms nothing. Australia are the underdogs, the tendency is for neutrals to support the underdog. My impression is that New Zealand get more support from people from other countries than any other side in the world thanks to their marketing machine, attractive style and level of success (yay glory hunters).

It occurs to me we are the underdogs, we have a smaller catchment area by some distance from Aussie.
We have a lot less money to spend on training facilities like the impressive Aussie Institute of Sport and then when we travel everyone and I do mean everyone is against us.
So be it and this poll confirms it.
We are universally loathed and hated by some of the pommie regulars on this forum and thats how it is, away from home we rarely get any support and that just makes it all the more satisfying when we do get the results.
A nation of 4.5 million human beings should not be this successful at rugby, but there you are... what can you do.
Go on Richie, break the record son and make the record anew, set the bar higher, thats the goal and do it in style against a very skilful and talented Wallaby team that will have thousands more voices in support than we ever will.
But most of all, just do your best and leave it all out there on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

With truckloads more money.
With the Institute of Sports backing that Aussie kindly let the Kiwi's borrow occasionally because we don't have any facilities of that quality because we can't afford it.
With your far greater catchment because you have 20 million people to our 4.5
... and yet we are begrudgers, nice one.

Go on Jones "they don't like it up em" Boy!!

The perceived "hatred" is more in your mind than real! Whenever there is a top team or sportsman, invariably there will be more people who want them to fail than win!

Look at ManU, Chelsea, Schumacker etc etc!

Most of these people, if they sit down, analyze it, and are honest, do support the underdog but do have respect for what the champions have achieved!

Those that do not fit into this group are really not worth bothering about and should certainly be ignored. Unfortunately they can be the vocal majority!!

However, has to be said, there are certain posters from your homeland who come from the latter group and blacken the reputation of the AB's by their insensitivities and, dare I say, arrogance!!

Most everyone I know have nothing but respect for what many believe is the greatest rugby team but the underdogs will get most neutral's support!!

It's got nothing to do with being underdogs, just want NZ to get twatted so I can enjoy my beer and have a little chuckle at all the arrogant NZ fanboys crying to themselves......."But, but, but, it wasn't meant to end like this"

... and another one.
Its threads like this that make Kiwi's see the arrogance of the larger countries who have underperforming rugby teams that are simply not good enough to compete at the top level.

... and another one.
Its threads like this that make Kiwi's see the arrogance of the larger countries who have underperforming rugby teams that are simply not good enough to compete at the top level.

......and should certainly be ignored!!!

Go on Jones "they don't like it up em" Boy!!

The perceived "hatred" is more in your mind than real! Whenever there is a top team or sportsman, invariably there will be more people who want them to fail than win!

Look at ManU, Chelsea, Schumacker etc etc!

Most of these people, if they sit down, analyze it, and are honest, do support the underdog but do have respect for what the champions have achieved!

Those that do not fit into this group are really not worth bothering about and should certainly be ignored. Unfortunately they can be the vocal majority!!

However, has to be said, there are certain posters from your homeland who come from the latter group and blacken the reputation of the AB's by their insensitivities and, dare I say, arrogance!!

Most everyone I know have nothing but respect for what many believe is the greatest rugby team but the underdogs will get most neutral's support!!

You Poms all hate us, Tigs, you Tony, the lot of you, where do you think we got the cultural Tall Poppy syndrome from?
Aussie take after the States more and they have successfully thrown it off but we stuck closer to the skirts of the union and so we have tall poppy syndrome too.
This thread is great for seeing the true colours of the haters come out of the woodwork.
The thinly veiled facade of friendship falls away and the mean spirited venal autarchs can't help themselves but delight in gathering with daggers surreptitiously secreted in their robes waiting for the Caesar McCaw, who has given so much to the greater rugby fraternity over the last 15 years...
Insupportable knaves!
You are outed and the worst of your fears will be realised for your vile treachery.
Grist to the mill.

... and here comes another one...

so where and when did i say anything bad on your team ? You cry nobody likes your country, come on man, in France i hear this same nonsense everyday, nobody likes us etc.
Chill, its only a sport, why u take this to a wrong level?
It woudl be hard for any french person to qualify newzealand as arrogant since we live 50kms away from england, so relax man.

Australia.

For probably the first time ever, in any sport.

All about the underdog, and I like that the RWC has never been retained. However an NZ win and a retained trophy would reflect the absolute dominance we have seen from them over the past almost 8 years

- - - Updated - - -

so where and when did i say anything bad on your team ? You cry nobody likes your country, come on man, in France i hear this same nonsense everyday, nobody likes us etc.
Chill, its only a sport, why u take this to a wrong level?
It woudl be hard for any french person to qualify newzealand as arrogant since we live 50kms away from england, so relax man.

Have you tried being English?

Jones nailed, had a gutsful of the anti-AB tone in this board, listening to the Poms commentate the games here is terrible as well (I'm currently in London). Given up with diplomatic discussions on this board and tired of reading pompous posts and All Black pessimism. Go the Black machine.

A lot of England fans asked me the result when I was getting the tube back into town to celebrate and they all cursed when I told them, the general disappointment here is evident and the stench of jealousy and resentment is growing.

Last edited:
Jones nailed, had a gutsful of the anti-AB tone in this board so I'm just going to tell you you're all sh*t, listening to the Poms commentate the games here is terrible as well. Given up with diplomatic discussions on this board and tired of reading pompous posts and All Black pessimism. Go the Black machine.
Has it ever crossed your mind that they may just be anti-you? Apart from a bit of McCaw hating, which is understandable considering the way the man plays matched with his complete lack of charisma, I've seen little to indicate anyone is anti-New Zealand rugby. Defensive **** slinging abusive Kiwis on the other hand aren't well liked.

Has it ever crossed your mind that they may just be anti-you? Apart from a bit of McCaw hating, which is understandable considering the way the man plays matched with his complete lack of charisma, I've seen little to indicate anyone is anti-New Zealand rugby. Defensive **** slinging abusive Kiwis on the other hand aren't well liked.

Going out in London last Saturday really put the nail in he coffin for me, during the week before hand it hadn't been too bad and blokes were friendly enough in the pubs, but all Saturday night me and my mates just got rubbish banter, general disappointment from people and negativity, pretty tired of it. Some ****** tried to lecture me on how we only won the world cup last time because of Craig Joubert, the feeling is merely mutual mate, except we actually live in reality of our own standard of rugby.

- - - Updated - - -

Englands major problem anyway is rugby is an upper class game, that's why they will be eternally rubbish, with the odd good year like in 2003.

oh c'mon guys! the Aussies have just won a cricket world cup and a netball world cup! its about time someone else won a world cup! you should support NZ! :D

Support us against the evil overlords of world sport! We are your only hope!

You Poms all hate us, Tigs, you Tony, the lot of you, where do you think we got the cultural Tall Poppy syndrome from?
Aussie take after the States more and they have successfully thrown it off but we stuck closer to the skirts of the union and so we have tall poppy syndrome too.
This thread is great for seeing the true colours of the haters come out of the woodwork.
The thinly veiled facade of friendship falls away and the mean spirited venal autarchs can't help themselves but delight in gathering with daggers surreptitiously secreted in their robes waiting for the Caesar McCaw, who has given so much to the greater rugby fraternity over the last 15 years...
Insupportable knaves!
You are outed and the worst of your fears will be realised for your vile treachery.
Grist to the mill.

This is most honest spot on post I've ever read on this board. Spot on Jones.

Amen to that. Not Anti NZ at all but Kiwi is a racist little troll, hopefully he will sod off once the WC is over.

Latest posts