• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

new kits 2009-2010

homeproduct_banner.jpg

Looking more traditional than a lot of others out there, not bad

Trying to tell my girlfriend how that Tigers kit is different from last season's drove me to the brink earlier!! + is going to burn a £40 hole in my wallet so she better appreciate it!! :p

I think it's an improvement!

It's basically the 1996 one, but updated for 2009. I always like Tigers shirts, but they don't have much option with hoops.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (roadtogundagai @ Jul 23 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Jul 23 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (roadtogundagai @ Jul 22 2009, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, I did hear that Ulster are changing shirts again this year, or is that just another rumour?[/b]
I've been checking the website everyday to see what will come out. It's high time I get a new Ulster Shirt as the one I have is from like 2000 (still red, white and blue, if you can remember those days).
[/b][/quote]

Yes I can remember those shirts, with the Shell Oil Sponsor at the top of the back and Belfast Telegraph at the bottom of the back?? I think they will be changing their shirt tis season for reasons:

(a) Kukri only took over last year, so similar to football teams when they change shirt producer, they try and fleece the fans.

(b)Renovations on going at Ravenhill, so as much money that can be made, is needed.

[/b][/quote]
Well, we'll just have to wait...they still have yet to show anything.
Nice to have another Ulster Fan here on TRF.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 25 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's basically the 1996 one, but updated for 2009. I always like Tigers shirts, but they don't have much option with hoops.[/b]

The point is though that they actually have the hoops!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ May 14 2009, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm ready to see the loop neck and stub collar re-introduced. Some National team has to ask for it...you can still have all the performance fiber, grip-dot power, sweat and micro bacterial eradicating, bodymotion enhancing technology and keep a wee bit of a traditional look, I think.[/b]

I agree wholeheartedly. We should go back to making rugby shirts look like rugby shirts, not soccer shirts. Another modernism I dislike is the 'tight-fit' shirts, forwards can't get a grip at scrum time, leading to, IMO, a lot of collapsed scrums.

3599.jpg
3600.jpg

Thanks...I don't think they've actually changed much of anything on these. They still look cool, in my opinion.

And LOL at Woldog...hahaha...

I'm not too fond of many of these new jerseys. I hope the Ospreys jersey looks nice.

New Ireland kit is nice. I got a Puma Toulon shirt the other day, and the fit is really nice, so the Ireland kit will probably be too.

Loving the new Worcester kit! I too agree with GazzaJAnimal and O'Rothlain that some of the new kits aren't traditional enough and should contain some of the well known features of old kits. I think the Worcester kit does it brilliantly; a fitted shirt with the traditional hoops as well as a grandad collar... brilliant!

I think I may be buying that if i find it at a good price.

+ LOL at Woldog!

I too love the new Worcester Kit. It can be done, as Leicester have a new kit complete with collar again too!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 1 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3599.jpg
3600.jpg

Thanks...I don't think they've actually changed much of anything on these. They still look cool, in my opinion.

And LOL at Woldog...hahaha...[/b]

They look similar, because they are the same jersey lol. Lovell are are selling them for £50 but you can get them on the Ulster website for £35. The shirts shown on the lovell site are the non heavy cotton type (believe kukri call it a Kohilo type material) where as you get the choice of either on the Ulster site. It is also why the collars look dissimilar.

Latest posts