• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for 08/09

<div class='quotemain'>
I agree with the Sale fans, it's pretty naff compared to some of their older shirts.
[/b]

The look much better than some of the SH ones and the International ones. I can't think of one International jersey that I like. They all look more at home in a homosexual night club. [/b][/quote]
Really??? The All Blacks uniform is the most prolific in any sport if you ask me... simple, stark and menacing, it's perfect for rugby.
Not a fan of the current Aussie one though... hate the white colouring on the grip pads and all the lines all over it. I reckon we should do what the boks did and make those lines and grip pads gold to suit the rest of the jersey.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
I agree with the Sale fans, it's pretty naff compared to some of their older shirts.
[/b]

The look much better than some of the SH ones and the International ones. I can't think of one International jersey that I like. They all look more at home in a homosexual night club. [/b][/quote]
Really??? The All Blacks uniform is the most prolific in any sport if you ask me... simple, stark and menacing, it's perfect for rugby.[/b][/quote]

Agreed, the ABs kit has always been awesome. At least, the all black one has - That gray thing is a joke.

I think he could be referring to the skin-tight "ballerina" nature of modern kits (which in fairness aren't much good for the average pie-eating, Guinness-drinking fan). Sadly all my old cotton rugby shirts are too small now and also have the skin tight effect these days.
smiley_blush.gif

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Really??? The All Blacks uniform is the most prolific in any sport if you ask me... simple, stark and menacing, it's perfect for rugby.[/b][/quote]

Agreed, the ABs kit has always been awesome. At least, the all black one has - That gray thing is a joke.

I think he could be referring to the skin-tight "ballerina" nature of modern kits (which in fairness aren't much good for the average pie-eating, Guinness-drinking fan). [/b][/quote]
lol, ballerina, I'll have to use that. I always thought they made them look like they were competing in the tour de France, but ballerina suits it quite well.

well heres munsters new away kit looks mank to me
Howlett_Article.jpg
Denis_Hurley_article.jpg

Paul-Air_web.jpg
DOC_Web.jpg

for gods sake flattering pics of the locks

B985361-989zoom.jpg

Just ordered this one from Canterburry of NZ. I've been wanting a good NZ shirt and this looked cool to me.
C'mon Counties! Ha Ha.

As far as the munster kit...I liked the blue away better...this isn't bad, just a little, ehm British Irish Lions-ish to me. That's what I first thought of.

That just shows how lazy kit makers are getting. Thank god for the likes of Kooga who do bespoke designs for each kit they make.

It's just a pitty you need to be built like Charles Atlas for the damn things to fit.

As far as the munster kit...I liked the blue away better...this isn't bad, just a little, ehm British Irish Lions-ish to me. That's what I first thought of.
[/b]

Because they use standard Adidas designs?

I think it's a boring kit. Suits their style of play.

Haven't had a new Saints home shirt for a few seasons so I will definately be snapping up our new design. Really liked it upon initially seeing it. Wasn't sure about Rhino as a kit manufacturer, but they appear to have done a good job.

Must be getting old because none of these new "designs" do much for me. Give me a traditional rugby shirt any day- proper hoops, proper collars and made out of a material that is fairly close to cotton.
Oh and the fewer advertising logos the better.

I bet the Bank of Ireland was not happy with the Ulster kit promo shot as their name was covered by folding arms by each lad.

Doc

IMO the new fiji jerseys look solid. original too, im guessing they're made by kooga? and the new tonga jerseys are a beaut. now if only canada would get something other than those pro - fit jerseys....

I think i saw the new Scarlets away shirt in the paper (Western Mail) (anyone in wales?), from an article about David Lyons's arrival and he seemed to be wearing it. It's basically the same, just a few red strips on the shoulder going down to the chest. Fairly similar though

And the home shirt can now be seen on the Scarlets website, play the video at the start page, and about half way through the players come up on screen wearing it.

Latest posts