• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Pearl Jam CD

Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 16 2006, 02:58 PM
wait who are you buying??? *scrolls up* dont get tool its not worth it
whats the deal with all the Tool bashing? im not bashing Panic! At The Disco, woosaah, so please dont bash a band that i like

I guess hes intitled to his opinion though i would just like to see a proper reason why they do not like Tool, maybe then we could understand why because i must admit Tool is not for everyone.

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Jun 16 2006, 07:45 PM
i must admit Tool is not for everyone.
yeah i guess thats true. dont hate me for this jinxed but when i first bought Ænima, i didnt like it. its the kind of music that grows on you and then at the end of it, you're glad you have it a shot but im not asking everyone to go out and listen to Tool because that will kinda take away the 'magicalness' of their music for their hardcore/semicore fans

I prefer my CD collection to not have albums with the same song repeated 12 times, with the same boring guitar, vocals and drumming.

And the fact all the Tool fans hyped up Lateralus calling it the new "Dark Side of the Moon" and BS statements like that

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Jun 16 2006, 07:45 PM
i would just like to see a proper reason why they do not like Tool
i agree with that also jinxed. lol man you're on fire tonight

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 16 2006, 08:08 PM
I prefer my CD collection to not have albums with the same song repeated 12 times, with the same boring guitar, vocals and drumming.
but isnt that exactly what pop rock is nowadays?
Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Green Day (american idiot), The Used..just to name a few

and i also agree that hearing the same old crap on every track isnt good music

And of all those bands are all on my "Burn down their house" list, except Green Day. Dookie and Nimrod were preety good albums.

Originally posted by MonoTurd+Jun 16 2006, 08:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 16 2006, 08:08 PM
but isnt that exactly what pop rock is nowadays?
Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Green Day (american idiot), The Used..just to name a few

and i also agree that hearing the same old crap on every track isnt good music [/b]
nice call mark - its all the same that american punk stuff (with expections to old green day)

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 16 2006, 08:36 PM
And of all those bands are all on my "Burn down their house" list, except Green Day. Dookie and Nimrod were preety good albums.
Early Green Day is awesome but they sold out on American Idiot

I personally dont think they changed to much, i think it was more of a case of their style of punk music becoming popular. Basically turning their type of music into pop punk. I think they did try to distingwish themselves by making political statements but they wer so blearingly obviouse and basically should have been left to bands that do that correctly i.e. Rage against the machine.
So yeah i got the CD when it first came out, my first sence Dooky (is that what it was?) and i was thinking this would be the CD that would bring me back to those days, but it didnt work however. All it did was turn me off the whole genre and i know ignore anything that comes from those artists as it is now just full of bands like All american Regects. I mean what kind of name is that? If i was an old school punk band id be ashamed.

punk is shocking right now. it has the potential to be really good, as seen in old bands like the ramones, the sex pistols, the clash. its a pitty about how much emo there is right now.

bands these days need a good kick up the ass.

Lol.... Rage are the most "blearingly obvious" with their political rantings.

...But I love Rage.

....And I liked American idiot (the song) for a wee while.... The album was crap....Worst 25 bucks I've ever spent... Would rather have spent it on a freaking 5 bladed razor. Am I right people?!

Originally posted by kaftka@Jun 16 2006, 11:34 PM

...But I love Rage.

....And I liked American idiot (the song) for a wee while.... The album was crap....Worst 25 bucks I've ever spent... Would rather have spent it on a freaking 5 bladed razor. Am I right people?!
:lol: bahahaha

punk bands have always been political - or send out strong messages. but it use to be anti-society, or anarchy , now its all anti-war, or anti-bush. there anti-[enter problem here] rather than being anti for the sake of being anti.

Originally posted by sambãd5@Jun 16 2006, 11:39 PM
punk bands have always been political - or send out strong messages. but it use to be anti-society, or anarchy , now its all anti-war, or anti-bush. there anti-[enter problem here] rather than being anti for the sake of being anti.
you took the words right outta my mouth sambad

I always thought the punk message was purely anti-establishment, regardless of when their performing orwhat's going on in the world.

Although it is true that modern punk acts suck balls.

Originally posted by kaftka@Jun 17 2006, 12:34 AM

...But I love Rage.

True rage was obviouse but they where totally commited. They closed down the New York stock exchange which is not an easy task. They also when and performed at Lollapoluza covered totally in masking tape without making a sound and so on.

So you gotta hand it to them dont ya.

and despite their last album going to number 1 in the Billboard charts, they broke up because the CD hadn't affected the world like de la Rocha wanted it to

hes the only rock/rapper that i will ever have respect for. he knew what he wanted from his time as a musician and he did his best to achieve it and thats why i respect him..and also the emotion in his lyrics have yet to me met by any other political band. all the ones nowadays are rich white boys that smoked a lot of weed when they were younger and are now complaining that the government screwed them over whereas la Rocha sounds like he knows what hes talking about when hes going on about racisim and authority playing favourites against minority groups

Latest posts