• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Xbox 2 pics

G

gjohn85

Fisrtly lets show u some stunning pics from the xbox 2!

Go here to see the Xbox 2 in all its glory!

I honestly think the PS3 will be nowhere near the graphical beauty of the Xbox 2!

Secondly, go here to read about the Next gen prices.

I can't believe they had 'Turok the Dinosaur Hunter' for the N64 priced at £70!

Far too early to make a decision.

PS3 advantages...
Have a PS2 so hopefully accesories like controllers will be able to go on PS3.

Here are reasons I might get one or the other...
1. Games which are exclusive to either one. eg if GTA resign with Sony, PS3 will have a good advantage.
2. The controller. If PS3 just updates the PS2 controller I'll be happy.
3. The amount extra I will have to pay to get it properly set up. Ideally I want in built memory, 4+ controller ports, online fuctionability from the start etc.
4. The specifications of the hardware. Notice this is 4th on my list. This is because I presume they will be fairly similar, and unless there is a hugely significant difference (eg one has a 256mb video card, the other a 512) I won't care.

Better screens...

Xbox_Next_1_500.jpg

Xbox_Next_2_500.jpg

I'd be very suprised if those pics are the graphics of the ps3, more like in intro movie!! IMO

I am probably get the ps3 (if I can afford it)
<

If I can't afford them both, I'll just buy the xbox 2 cos I personnally feel it will better games than the PS3's.
I will eventually get a ps3 when they are priced like the ps2's now!
<

I wouldn't rule out Nintendo either. There's talk of a revolution from Nintie and hopefully its new console will erase the memory of the Gamecube forever!

Originally posted by gjohn85@Mar 22 2005, 02:56 AM
I honestly think the PS3 will be nowhere near the graphical beauty of the Xbox 2!
Just wondering, but why?

In all likelyhood the PS3 will be the more impressive system, as the graphics hardware have been designed by the same company that produced the original XBOX's graphics card (nVidia for those who don't know)...

The XBOX 2 on the other hand will use ATI powered graphic's, which powered the nintendo gamecube.

I'll say it'll be pretty neck and neck though, sorta like having a high end PC, some games work better with ATI hardware and others look better on nVidia.

The GC isn't a bad console at all even, people forget that. But the Revolution could be a massive surprise, I'd watch out. It's got the same hardware manufacturere combo as the GC (IBM/ATi) so it'll be up there in terms of power. Look out for a whole slew of killer first party ***les, Ninty want to inject a lot o fnew ideas into the games market.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Mar 24 2005, 12:44 AM
The GC isn't a bad console at all even, people forget that. But the Revolution could be a massive surprise, I'd watch out. It's got the same hardware manufacturere combo as the GC (IBM/ATi) so it'll be up there in terms of power. Look out for a whole slew of killer first party ***les, Ninty want to inject a lot o fnew ideas into the games market.
And the next Metroid ***le
<
*shits on HALO*

Metroid Prime series have never appealled to me! IMO

Have u played Halo sanzar?? Now I don't mean for 2 minutes, a real good go on it?

U can't judge Halo just on One player, U got to play it multiplayer! That where all the fun is!

Halo doesn't really add anything to the genre though if we're to be brutally honest...

Halo didn't add to the genre, it just perfected it.

Now, Half Life 2 and Doom 3 on the other hand...

Originally posted by gjohn85@Mar 24 2005, 04:17 AM
Metroid Prime series have never appealled to me! IMO

Have u played Halo sanzar?? Now I don't mean for 2 minutes, a real good go on it?

U can't judge Halo just on One player, U got to play it multiplayer! That where all the fun is!
I've got an XBOX and I have HALO 1 (which I liked), but absolutely hated HALO 2 because of it's pathetic story and boring gameplay... there was nothing really new in HALO 2, all it had was a good online system, which I couldn't care less about...
the Metroid Prime games were both thoroughly engaging and enjoyable games for me, as I loved the original metroid games and the fact that we finally had a departure from the style of generic FPS's like HALO...

I know people tell you that you have to judge it on multiplayer instead of just single, but can I ask you this? WHY?? Half Life 2, DOOM 3, FarCry, Chronicles of Riddick and Metroid Prime all had fantastically engaging single player campeigns, but for some reason halo 2, "the best XBOX game out" (********), couldn't seem to do this? I've never liked FPS's online personally, so HALO 2 came as a MASSIVE dissapointment to me, as I did like the first one.... I ended up trading it in for "Street Fighter Aniversery collection", which is pretty cool.

Other than that though, I got HALO 2 after I'd been playing Half Life 2 for quite a whil and was in the Hell stage of Doom 3, so thats another reason I found it very un-impressive and un-interesting on all levels...

If you seriously want a good FPS on XBOX though, I suggest you **** HALO off and go get the Chronicles of Riddick! That was way better than HALO 2 in so many ways...

If you want a top FPS, just get Deus Ex: Invisible War.

Much better to use your brain ocasionally insted of firing guns non stop for no reason.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 24 2005, 10:07 AM
If you want a top FPS, just get Deus Ex: Invisible War.

Much better to use your brain ocasionally insted of firing guns non stop for no reason.
Yeah I've heard of that. A mate of mine was raving on about it for months on end when it was released...

Halo is probably the most overated game Ive ever played. Nintendo should just go down the Sega route and start doing games only. Its a shame IMO how Sega ended up the way they had, ecspecially since the Dreamcast is probably my favourite all time console.

they're gonna use the same chip....originally from sony its called "the cell"

thats why xbox 2 will be released after the ps3.

and then after that you could be seeing pentium 5

Originally posted by kinkon89@Mar 24 2005, 10:17 PM
they're gonna use the same chip....originally from sony its called "the cell"

thats why xbox 2 will be released after the ps3.

and then after that you could be seeing pentium 5
I don't think it will be called the pentium 5... it'll have a name that shares resonance with the fact that it will be a 64 bit chip.

well you know what i mean.........computer will folow suite

after the consoles have a months glory pc will put them to shame again

but they're different to pc so we shouldnt be comparing consoles to pc

....anyhoo back to consoles..........

Originally posted by kinkon89@Mar 24 2005, 11:47 PM
well you know what i mean.........computer will folow suite

after the consoles have a months glory pc will put them to shame again

but they're different to pc so we shouldnt be comparing consoles to pc

....anyhoo back to consoles..........
Consoles won't have that long in the sun this time from what I've read... Apparently both ATI and nVidia are going to release PC versions of the graphics hardware for XBOX2 and PS3 around the same time as the consoles release (give or take a month or so).

9 times out of 10, when a console card is releaded for the PC it's a load of crap.

Look how poor the Dreamcast card was in a PC yet it made console games equal to the PS2 visually.

Latest posts