• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Xbox 2 pics

kinkon, please, slap yourself.

Anyway, it's only a two-console contest in my opinion. Haven't even thought about getting Nintendo's next generation console.

Originally posted by JJ-@Apr 25 2005, 05:38 PM

Anyway, it's only a two-console contest in my opinion. Haven't even thought about getting Nintendo's next generation console.
Thats because we've heard nothing of it.

go to gamespot!

they have news on nintendo's next gen console

thats where i get my info from

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Apr 25 2005, 10:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Apr 25 2005, 10:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Apr 25 2005, 05:38 PM

Thats because we've heard nothing of it. [/b]
I haven't really been interested in finding out about it either.

And all we know about the other two is very minor and not very interesting information, so they're all in the "same boat" as far as information about them is concerned.

And kinkon, I wasn't doubting your information, it was more your comparison between consoles and the Tri Nations that I thought was odd.

Originally posted by JJ-+Apr 26 2005, 12:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Apr 26 2005, 12:24 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Apr 25 2005, 10:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Apr 25 2005, 05:38 PM

Thats because we've heard nothing of it.
I haven't really been interested in finding out about it either.

And all we know about the other two is very minor and not very interesting information, so they're all in the "same boat" as far as information about them is concerned.

And kinkon, I wasn't doubting your information, it was more your comparison between consoles and the Tri Nations that I thought was odd. [/b]
owwww
<

rofl!

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Apr 26 2005, 12:26 PM
Xbox 360 eh. Nintendo revolution. 1 revolution is 360 degrees. Coincidence?
lol....see the pic i put up about the xbox

xbox360_screen001.jpg

well that ones called Xbox FS

"FS" stands for f*** sony....rofl!

They should make the ring go right around, like, 360 degrees. Or call that Xbox 180. Silly overpaid goons. Can't design for ****.

Just found some pictures from xbox 360 game called '2 days to vegas'

You may have seen some of these pics from another thread that was for the ps3. There are 17 pictures in total.

Go here to see these lovely looking pics!

That Xbox game just looks like Shenmue with better lighting, the geometry and textures aren't that much of a leap. Graphics and performance have pretty much plateaued out now, there won't be a huge leap in quality. I think it will be stuff like framerates and lighting/fx that will see the biggest improvement. Not sure about those XBOX 360 rigs, the TWO carry handles look sh!te, the handle worked on the GC because it was such a tidy looking little machine, it just looks stupid here, in fact the whole machine looks like some crappy futuristic jerrycan. Hope the machine does well though, the Xbox started to get the punters more interested in it a little too late in the machines (very short) lifespan.
We dont really need another generation of consoles just yet.

Im rooting for Nintendo,they are the only ones still willing to further what videogames are about instead of playing it safe and bland.

Microsoft and Nintendo will both be using ATI graphics so I'd say they'll be rather close on visuals... Sony is using Nvidia, who made the graphics for the original XBOX...

I read in a magazine recently that the Xbox 360 or whatever the hell they'll call it, will be running on 3 3.0Ghz processors, and will be the most powerful console yet. We'll have to wait and see. It's all looking exciting though.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 8 2005, 09:43 PM
I read in a magazine recently that the Xbox 360 or whatever the hell they'll call it, will be running on 3 3.0Ghz processors, and will be the most powerful console yet. We'll have to wait and see. It's all looking exciting though.
Thats pretty silly really... It makes it sound like a server system, and server systems don't get faster by having more processors, they just get an overflow effect that means when one processor is got too much to deal with the next one kicks in... and considering it will only be running games you'd think the 3 gig alone would be more than enough...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
............................we have a nintendo fanboy[/b]

Damn right, I think if you asked most people involved in the development community they would admit to having some respect (even begrudgingly) for the stuff Nintendo achieve WHEN they are inform.
<

That will not be three seperate CPU's, rather 3 components in the CPU.
I have the article here, it says the Xbox 2 will run the ATI processors at around a 500MHz clock speed.
The Xbox 2 will have 256Mb of system RAM. It will have an optional seperate hard drive which can range from 64Mb to 1Gb. The Xbox 2 will not be using Blu-Ray, but keep with the standard dual-layered DVD of around about 7Gb of storage per disc as opposed to the twenty something of a Blu-ray. The console will also come with a USB digital camera capable of taking both stills and videos.

Microsoft has openly stated that Xbox 2 will be the pinnacle of home entertainment and are making a few demands on the hardware and developers to make sure this becomes a fact. All games for Xbox 2 are required to have a 16:9 option for aspect ratios and the baseline for resolution is high definition 720p (1280x720) as well as having mandatory 5.1 sound and aliasing. All games will also allow players to rip and use their own custom soundtrack with ANY game.

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@May 8 2005, 10:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
............................we have a nintendo fanboy

Damn right, I think if you asked most people involved in the development community they would admit to having some respect (even begrudgingly) for the stuff Nintendo achieve WHEN they are inform.
<
[/b][/quote]
off topic but cant wait for the new zelda game on the cube

its da gc's last stand

and its going out wit a bang!

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 8 2005, 10:05 PM
Microsoft has openly stated that Xbox 2 will be the pinnacle of home entertainment and are making a few demands on the hardware and developers to make sure this becomes a fact.
THEY SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT THE XBOX B4 IT WAS RELEASED

YET STILL FAILED TO GRAB FORECASTED MARKET SHARE

THE PINNACLE CANT FIRE ON ALL CYLINDARS WITHOUT FUEL (GAMES)

WITHOUT FUEL U CANT GET MARKET SHARE

HENCE THE PINNACLE IS "INNACLE"

U CAN ALL PROTEST UR OPINION

BUT WHAT IS FACT IS THAT SONY STILL CONTROL THE MAJORITY OF MARKET SHARE WITH AN INFERIOR (SPEC WISE) CONSOLE.

EMPHASISES SUCCESS DEPENDS ON SOFTWARE (GAMES)

WITHOUT THE GAMES U COME 2ND PLACE

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 8 2005, 11:05 PM
All games will also allow players to rip and use their own custom soundtrack with ANY game.
I dont really understand all this specs speak, but make your own soundtrack for any game is a big factor for me.

Latest posts