• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New XV de France coaches

M

Martin1813

According to the newspaper Midi Olympique, Bernard Laporte will be replaced at the head the French national team by former flanker Marc Lièvremont and former winger Emile N'Tamack. They're will be assisted by Didier Retière, coach of the -21 French team.

Offensive play, men, offensive play...
No more kicks, please...

It's a big challenge for France. They don't have a lot of experience but the can give a new fresh to the team.

The former BO and French team flanker (25 selections) Marc Lièvremont 38 yo, is become the new French coach.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Rugby/***res/Media/241007_marcolievr.jpg

He will be assisted by Emile N'tamack

ntamack.jpg

Serge Blanco didn't sound too happy in the papers this morning, whingeing about the lack of consultation.

It does seem a rather hasty appointment though, I know Ntamack has had success with the under-21 side as has Lievremont with Dax but senior international rugby is quite a step up, surprised that the likes of Galthié or even Berbizier weren't in contention.

Serge Blanco didn't sound too happy in the papers this morning, whingeing about the lack of consultation.

It does seem a rather hasty appointment though, I know Ntamack has had success with the under-21 side as has Lievremont with Dax but senior international rugby is quite a step up, surprised that the likes of Galthié or even Berbizier weren't in contention.
[/b]
French rugby federation is an old monolithic (monotheist...) institution.

Berbizier was the coach between 91 and 95 and he did not like the experience. And Metro Racing is an interesting challenge.

I've just been wondering has this rush announcement got anything to do with Lapasset becoming head honcho at the IRB and wanting to appoint the coaching team that he wants rather than leaving it to the new President???

I don't think so. He can stay at FFR until june, so there's no rush.

I agree with Blanco, they should have wait a few weeks. But the debate about what French rugby needs can still be discussed after the nomination of the new team.

It's a really big gamble appointing 2 novices to the top job. I know they have had success at lower levels but they havent proved themselves yet at a top level (Top 14 club, etc).

Both are known for favouring their old style of playing so we just might see the old French Flair back in their gameplan.

Lievremont and N'Tamack was two big rugby players.

With the under 21 team, they have done a very good job.

So, why not with the great french team?

First response with the next 6 nations

I'm not sure that the best choice for france team.

These coaches havn't enough experiences.

correction from the first message : N'tamak was Fullback too, not only Wing.

I think it will be difficult to take Laporte's job
He had done a lot for French Rugby but Lievremont will continue...

Bye

Latest posts