• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Year Resolutions

Hi guys! I think this will be the best thread to post this as it's also the first post from me for 2013.

I got engaged on the 31st of December as i made a promise to myself to do it before the year ends. (left it a bit late). One thing I learnt from asking my fiancee is that the reason a guy goes on one knee, is because he's physically incapable of asking it standing up. The nerves overcome you, and the only thing you can do is to get on your knees.

As for 2013 my resolutions are:
1. To stop smoking.
2. To go to at least 2 rugby matches.
3. To stay engaged.
4. To get rid of my beerboep once and for all.

Happy new year you guys!!!

Congrats on the engagement. Have you set a date yet? Just remember there is no person as scary as a bride to be but it gets better after the 'big day'.

As for my own... I'm not exactly sure how resolved I am but I will attempt;

- donate blood again more regularly
- get below a 100kg before my wife delivers (expecting in April) and I already lost 2kg over the christmas/new years time so things are on course
- finish some projects

:O

Goodluck and congrats Stormer!

Engaged Heineken?

R.I.P

Just kidding, congrats Hein :)

Big year for me this year.

- Graduate from my masters with a minimum of a 2:1.
- Find a job, preferably close to my home town of Aberystwyth.
- Propose to my gf.
- Find a nice house to rent, preferably with no neighbours.
- Submit plans to the planning department for a barn conversion on my dad's farm so I know whether to plan saving and applying for an overdraft in the next few years.
- Change my car to something far less sensible. Current: BMW 320d. Proposed: Audi S4 Avant, 4.2 V8 baby! This might have to wait another year.
- Get back into the gym to re-gain the 1+ stone of muscle I've lost this past year and a half.

There's one more big thing happening in my life this year, but I can't tell you guys for another couple of weeks.

Well, it kind of turned into a "deliver your good news" thread. Congratulations to Heineken and Stormer, and my best wishes to all of you.
Tony Manx, I hope your wife goes better too.

And Dullonien, I hope your gf says yes!

Best wishes to all you boys in the thread. And hope the missus says yes Dull.

I feel a bit sleazy with my goals now....

Honestly not in the slightest bit worried that she'll refuse. We will have been together for 10 years in February. I would have done it sooner, but neither of us are all that fussed about getting married as we're not religious in the slightest, but it's still important in the long-run.

We won't actually be able to get married for a little while as my gf's parents aren't on speaking terms (they haven't seen each other in almost two years despite living 2 miles apart), and things would kick-off if they did. She missed her graduation last August because of it, as she refuses to chose between the two.

What I'm most worried about is getting a job. The job market is crazy out there, especially in the construction industry. I'm hoping that the architectural practice I worked for before going to university have enough work to take me back, but when I popped in to see them last Autumn things were slow apparently.

LN7, don't feel sleazy. You're young, enjoy yourself while you can. On that note, I had my annual couple of spliffs over Christmas with my brother. They f**ked me right up!

Honestly not in the slightest bit worried that she'll refuse. We will have been together for 10 years in February. I would have done it sooner, but neither of us are all that fussed about getting married as we're not religious in the slightest, but it's still important in the long-run.

We won't actually be able to get married for a little while as my gf's parents aren't on speaking terms (they haven't seen each other in almost two years despite living 2 miles apart), and things would kick-off if they did. She missed her graduation last August because of it, as she refuses to chose between the two.

What I'm most worried about is getting a job. The job market is crazy out there, especially in the construction industry. I'm hoping that the architectural practice I worked for before going to university have enough work to take me back, but when I popped in to see them last Autumn things were slow apparently.

LN7, don't feel sleazy. You're young, enjoy yourself while you can. On that note, I had my annual couple of spliffs over Christmas with my brother. They f**ked me right up!
Best of luck anyways bro ..

Loving de herb..good man it's marvellous.

Well, you don't want high pilots, do you?

We try to avoid clouds, not talk to them.

Well, you don't want high pilots, do you?

We try to avoid clouds, not talk to them.
Ok, that one may be an exception. But I don't think it's about the school, but about the air authority or whatever its name is.

Ok, that one may be an exception. But I don't think it's about the school, but about the air authority or whatever its name is.

Quite possible as well. It is illegal to use such substances, but I don't know if they mandate checks.
It was funny, seeing one or two duck out of registration when they announced where testing would be :p

Quite possible as well. It is illegal to use such substances, but I don't know if they mandate checks.
It was funny, seeing one or two duck out of registration when they announced where testing would be :p

**** , one of the things putting me off steroids is the moment is drug testing in the possibility of my rugby team randomly getting done..but as it is like the grass is enough to **** me ...not to mention the majority of the team :p

**** , one of the things putting me off steroids is the moment is drug testing in the possibility of my rugby team randomly getting done..but as it is like the grass is enough to **** me ...not to mention the majority of the team :p

That, and if your willy is any smaller you have no chance of reaching 40 by 2014. ;)

That, and if your willy is any smaller you have no chance of reaching 40 by 2014. ;)
Gah I'll take the bate.

roidsdon'taffectyourwillyyousillygoonitonlyshrinksyourballsinsomecasesduetothelackofnessecitytoproducetestosterone!!!!111!!!!!1!!!

Latest posts