• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Years Resolutions

G

getofmeland

So come on whats yours New Year Resolutions...

Mine are more a plan than Resolutions, So here they are:

1. Look for a New Job - Need more money and better prospects
2. Get to Anfield to see Liverpool Play as many times as possible
3. Join a Gym and get Healthy
4. Go on Holiday, somewhere hot
5. Go to Dublin, and drink some Guinness
6. Save loads of Money for a trip to New Zealand
7. Live life to the full

Some immediate resolutions are to get my Structuralism essay done by the end of the month and to drop about 5 kilos . Medium term would be to graduate preferably with honours. A holiday is definitely worth considering. Long term, well maybe a trip to the careers office is in order.

I would say give up smoking but I never do it :p

Chocolate....out of the question... :p

The main thing is to make life so much better for my partner/Michaela as she has a rough time of late and my main objectives are to get a job and sort out a flat for us.

1) Improving on being a Christian.
2) Lose 6-7 kgs before August trip back to South Africa. :bana: (can't wait for the trip!!!!)
3) Save more money.

Apart from the obvious ones that I'm always working on (Less cussing & swearing, be less lazy, don't lose my temper etc etc) I am trying to not use any plastic bags any more. I've equipped myself with a load of shopping bags from Tesco which are now in our cars and next to the door of our house, not a biggy but a step in the right direction. I've also resolved to do my voluntary work stint in Lourdes this year (I missed it last year).

Good idea with the plastic bags, about 3 years ago we slapped a 15c levy on plastic bags so now everyone uses the reusable bags for their food shop and all the shops now use paper bags. Definitely has cut down on the amount of discarded plastic bags you see everywhere.

Good idea with the plastic bags, about 3 years ago we slapped a 15c levy on plastic bags so now everyone uses the reusable bags for their food shop and all the shops now use paper bags. Definitely has cut down on the amount of discarded plastic bags you see everywhere.
[/b]

They should do that here....it's an easy win. But then again the media will all get up in arms and cry "Nanny state" etc etc then criticise the government for it's inactivity on environmental matters.

That seems to be a problem the government has created for itself. The measures they are putting in now are too much, too fast.

The media just love to get on their back about it too, and all these freedom living hippies like that Nana Shroki or whatever name she has, doesn't help.

At least they raised the smoking age!

BM

yeah we just recently got re-useable shopping bags.
new years resolutions are
1. go to church more, atleast twice a month
2. get debt free by the end of the year at all costs!
3. get my g/f an engagement ring

yeah we just recently got re-useable shopping bags.
new years resolutions are
1. go to church more, atleast twice a month
2. get debt free by the end of the year at all costs!
3. get my g/f an engagement ring
[/b]

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez

The words eggs and basket spring to mind.

Good on you mate :)

-First one- quit smoking- ah well, that lasted roughly 10 hours.
-Second one- get up at 05h00 every morning to shred some waves at Supertubes before work- lasted 9 days.
- No`s 3 and 4- become a daddy again and score my top score for my cricket side(currently 45)- still trying on those.
-No 5- don`t consider yet another ill-fated comeback to rugby with dodgy knees: well, it`s not quite winter yet, so who knows?
-No 6- get the garden sorted, finally- hmmm, in-between trying to become daddy, cricket and surfing- not enough time really.
-No 7- get rid of the bloody Corsa pick-up and get a real "bakkie"- let`s see what the bank manager has to say about that one..........

i wonder if this thread will still be here at the end of the year. it wud be cud to come back to it and see how we all went.
my cuzn said his resolution is
NO sex, NO wanking till he is married. he prayed to god about it, in return all he wanted from god was a small chance to make it in the music industry. obviously i told him it can't be done becoz it ain't like he's a virgin, he's had a taste of the.... the... pussy ya kno?
but anyways, good luck to him and everybody else on their resolutions!
i guess my cuzin will be getting married sometime soon so i better start saving up!

1) Improving on being a Christian.
2) Lose 6-7 kgs before August trip back to South Africa. :bana: (can't wait for the trip!!!!)
3) Save more money.
[/b]

Update....

1) Battling with being meeker (always been a problem, very slowly improving), the rest of the smaller goals for this resolution are going well... in my judgement. :)

2) Lost 1.25kgs already and steady (ie. no major fluctuations). :)

3) Bank Balance is improving at the same rate as last year. <_<

2 out of 3 so far isn't bad.

Latest posts