Status
Not open for further replies.

TRF_woosaah

Academy Player
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
All Blacks Team
NEW ZEALAND: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Benson Stanley, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan; 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (captain), 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Anthony Boric, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Ben Franks. Reserves: 16 Aled de Malmanche, 17 Neemia Tialata, 18 Sam Whitelock, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Piri Weepu, 21 Aaron Cruden, 22 Zac Guildford.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/3787034/Green-looking-All-Blacks-to-face-Ireland

Last edited by a moderator:
All Blacks Team
NEW ZEALAND: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Benson Stanley, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan; 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (captain), 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Anthony Boric, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Ben Franks. Reserves: 16 Aled de Malmanche, 17 Neemia Tialata, 18 Sam Whitelock, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Piri Weepu, 21 Aaron Cruden, 22 Zac Guildford.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/3787034/Green-looking-All-Blacks-to-face-Ireland

One of the least experienced teams named by Henry and co., with 6 new caps the 22 (3 starting, 3 in the reserves). A largely predictable team though, once it was announced that Muliana, Kahui, and Donnelly would all miss this match. I'm slightly surprised (yet very happy) that Ben Franks is starting ahead of Woodcock - a form selection rather than a reputation selection, something that doesn't always happen!

Words can't describe what I feel right now. All I can say is, All Blacks are going to send the Irish to the slaughter house, where they belong.

Perfect, absolutely perfect. Couldn't have picked it better.

Once the game is in the bag, expect to see Cruden / Weepu brought in at 10 / 9.

Last edited:
Ireland named:

Robert Kearney, Tommy Bowe, Brian O'Driscoll (captain), Gordon D'Arcy, Andrew Trimble, Ronan O'Gara, Tomas O'Leary, Jamie Heaslip, David Wallace, John Muldoon, Mick O'Driscoll, Donncha O'Callaghan, John Hayes, Sean Cronin, Cian Healy.
Replacements: John Fogarty, Tony Buckley, Dan Tuohy, Shane Jennings, Eoin Reddan, Jonathan Sexton, Geordan Murphy.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/3787527/Ireland-make-10-changes-to-test-team

I think it's an awesome team named by the All Blacks. The 6 new players should all do well. They haven't completely popped out of the wilderness and come enough Super 14 experience to handle this assignment. Given the number of injured All Blacks, this should do nothing but bolster the depth of experienced test players. We might even uncover a star or two (although I believe that Jane is almost that at test level, but just "very good" when playing Super 14).

I expect Dagg to offer a little more on attack than Muliaina has offered over his last 10 or tests (he's still great but more solid than exciting and starting to show his vintage).

Yeah, I must admit I think this team is good, especially considering who left out. This may be the beginning of restocking out depth. Either way, I'm not as confident as Iron Mike that we'll win, but if I was a betting man, I'd back the AB's. That being said, the more words used like "slaughter", the harder it can bite you if the result doesn't go your way. There is one tiny problem with the team...No Hosea Gear. Like seriously, he's not even in the squad. Lucky Rokocoko is in it, otherwise I'd assassinate Henry and co.

Very good New Zealand team apart from Cowan and Cruden. Surely I'm not the only guy that feels that Cowan is an utter joke?

thats a good all black team pity ireland have injurys love to test are selves against some of the best
no need to be nasty iron mike to teams just playing

Ireland probably put near best team available out but well we look vulnerable still.
Paddy Wallace is unlucky and well Sexton surprisingly is only on bench but well I just hope we can be competitive and keep it as a contest for close to 80mins

Happy Cronin's there, i think that ROG's section makes seance we short on some experience( if you know what i mean) right now and ROG well has it i think we would have had a change if it weren't for about 12 injury's but now i think that we don't have much of a chance.

Very good New Zealand team apart from Cowan and Cruden. Surely I'm not the only guy that feels that Cowan is an utter joke?

I'm sure your not the only guy who thinks that Cowan is an utter joke, but every opinion in the world has some group of people subscribing to it.

Cowan is a good player, no du Preez that's for sure, but he's fast to every breakdown, has a very good pass on him, has A+ grade defence and takes no crap from the opposition. Weepu has played better games than him in my opinion on many occasions, but Weepu splits his time between first-five and halfback now and hasn't been quite as sharp at halfback since.

Brendan Leonard is too fragile and has lost that first season electricity that he used to have.
Andy Ellis showed his class by leaving du Preez unmarked at a crucial time in the Super 14 semi and sometimes loses any vision of what he's trying to do in the game. Playing behind New Zealands best forward pack in the Super 14 and he can't do anything dynamic.

It's easy to make bold calls about Cowan but he's scored a vital try against Australia, he's been a solid defender and he's a fairly safe no mistakes player. Every player makes mistakes and I'm sure someone can quote one, but the guy hasn't done anywhere near enough to be called an utter joke by someone who's utterly unknown himself.

All Blacks Team

I like this team a lot.

Good for blooding new caps/potential stars, and still keeping some seniority and chemistry.

I love the punt on Dagg in the starting XV. :D
One of the least experienced teams named by Henry and co., with 6 new caps the 22 (3 starting, 3 in the reserves). A largely predictable team though, once it was announced that Muliana, Kahui, and Donnelly would all miss this match. I'm slightly surprised (yet very happy) that Ben Franks is starting ahead of Woodcock - a form selection rather than a reputation selection, something that doesn't always happen!
Yep, happy about this too.
Yeah, I must admit I think this team is good, especially considering who left out. This may be the beginning of restocking out depth. Either way, I'm not as confident as Iron Mike that we'll win, but if I was a betting man, I'd back the AB's. That being said, the more words used like "slaughter", the harder it can bite you if the result doesn't go your way. There is one tiny problem with the team...No Hosea Gear. Like seriously, he's not even in the squad. Lucky Rokocoko is in it, otherwise I'd assassinate Henry and co.

Yeah, I think it was a close call between Gear/Jane/Dagg/Guildford for the wing/FB roles.

I would've been happy whichever way they went.

I used to think that.

But now, I think he adds some much needed moxy to the team. I think Weepu has the better all around game (maybe edges Piri out in defence), but Piri's never been able to put together the work ethic/fitness consistently.

Got to agree with Snoop form is totally overlooked here as well is evident in certain areas.
I think Reddan realizes now he'll never be a starting 9 as he was on top form.
Paddy Wallace is unlucky too

Hayes. FOR **** SAKE. Chances of winning are very slim.

Having said that, a strong AB side against an injury ravaged ireland with the home fans expecting a trouncing means we have nothing to lose.

But with such a crap selection of older players, what have we got to gain with the WC coming next year?

Also i feel for Micko, he's gonna get eaten alive out there.

They're all going to get eaten alive. The fact that Rog and John Hayes are both starting bodes very badly for us Seriously, why play O'gara? He offers not runnig threat and we're not going to have an advantage over the AB's at the lineout or up fron at all for that matter, so there is absollutely no point playing a man who will insist on kicking the corners

Where's Tom Court? Surely he needs a runout more than John Hayes. This team is more of a step backwards than a step forward, which is a shame because the boys are under no pressure to do well this year and could be excused for taking it as a chance to blood a bit of youth.

I imagine ROG is starting because Sexton is not 100%. I'd say it'd be unfair to play Court at TH seeing as he's played loose all year. Seeing as Kidney has clear favorites inn his area (Hayes, Buckley and Horan) it could do serious damage to his future chances if he gets his head drvien up his hole.

I say play Buckley. At least he does something around the field.

Worryingly there is 2 and arguably 3 players in that team that are major liabilities in defense; ROG Hayes and maybe MOD

Is ROG there because he's dependable with the boot? Kidney could be wanting to take the three points wherever they can get it, hoping to get the match/get close that way

Hayes. FOR **** SAKE. Chances of winning are very slim.

Having said that, a strong AB side against an injury ravaged ireland with the home fans expecting a trouncing means we have nothing to lose.

But with such a crap selection of older players, what have we got to gain with the WC coming next year?

I would like to point out the the AB side is equally injury ravaged - over quarter of the team are on debut! The ABs have some exciting young players, but I wouldn't call it a particularly strong All Black side by any means- if we were playing South Africa or Australia (or a full strength Ireland) I would be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts