Tennis (us too yeah)
Darts!
Snooker!
Football
MMA!
Curling!
Bobsleigh!
Skiing!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
List of Sports that NZ epic fails at! ok

Boxing (tua is a samoan)
Tennis (us too yeah)
Darts!
Snooker!
Football
MMA!
Curling!
Bobsleigh!
Skiing![/b]

Its funny how you can decide that Tua is Samoan. He learnt how to box in NZ and grew up there. Hes more of a NZer then Hartley and Flutey are English anway.

MMA has no presence here, there are alot of k1 fighters though, Mark Hunt was world champion, Ray Sefo should have been also.

Darts? Snooker? those are sports now?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I realise currently Carter is better than Wikinson, but All time, and in terms of achivements Wilkinson clearly is better, just think of what he achieved while having the handicap of playing for England![/b]

That argument will ALWAYS be divided among Kiwis & Pommies. They're will never be a compromise.....it's like the Arabs & Israelites. It was never meant to be.

But to imply that the England team of 2003 was shite is a shame. With great players in the side like Johnno, Robinson, Leonard, Back, Dallaglio, Hill, etc....they were the bookmakers favourite. If it wasnt for those great forwards, Wilko would have been nothing.

Hartley and Flutey are not English, they are kiwi mercenaries and I never said they were anything else.

Darts and snooker are of course sports

The 03 England team was the best team England will ever have.

But what about the 07 team? they were shocking, Dads army style! Still they got to the final and were competetive ONLY because of Wilkinson, Carter is a hype job bum who couldnt even kick a droppy in the quarter final while surrounded by the best team in the world!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 5 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Boxing (tua is a samoan)[/b]

Flawed logic. Many Samoan / Fijian / Tongan families are forced to move to NZ to seek for a higher quality of life. I don't think the Kiwi Government suddenly decided to send secret agents to Western Samoa to poach David Tua. If he grew up in NZ, then to me he is a Kiwi, and rightfully so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 5 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tennis (us too yeah)[/b]

I'll give you that. But take into consideration the lack of infrastructure that somehow hinders Kiwi tennis players from exploiting their full potential. The same happens in Argentina.

Darts!
Snooker!
Football
MMA!
Curling!
Bobsleigh!
Skiing![/b]
godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
List of Sports that NZ epic fails at! ok

Boxing (tua is a samoan)
Tennis (us too yeah)
Darts!
Snooker!
Football
MMA!
Curling!
Bobsleigh!
Skiing![/b]

You forget tiddlywink and Bingo! Wow Bobsleigh, Skiing, MMA, Snooker, Darts, Curling - what an elite list of sports we struggle at (and you thought some of the sports that I listed were obscure!)! You are correct that we struggle at winter spots, which is strange as we have such great conditions for these sports. I will note we are actually ok at Curling, ranked 14th in the world (England incidentally are 23rd!). We also don't do overly well in individual sports (Darts, Snooker, Tennis etc), and as I've mentioned we aren't the greatest soccer nation on earth. On boxing, yes Tua is Samoan but he learnt to box in NZ and has spent the majority of his life here - I'm sure NZ can take some credit in making him the boxer he is today - do you really think he would be as good if he had stayed in Samoa?

Yes you have listed some (obscure) sports that New Zealand doesn't excel in - I have listed almost the same number of (real) sports that New Zealand is amongst the top couple of nations in the world - my point is New Zealand certainly doesn't epically fail at every sport. We do however, like every other country, have sports that we struggle at (like the illustrious sport of bobsledding).

Oh, I think you forgot to mention a very important sport, played in every corner of the world!

world_of_warcraft_guild.jpg

WORLD OF WARCRAFT!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hartley and Flutey are not English, they are kiwi mercenaries and I never said they were anything else.

But what about the 07 team? they were shocking, Dads army style! Still they got to the final and were competetive ONLY because of Wilkinson, Carter is a hype job bum who couldnt even kick a droppy in the quarter final while surrounded by the best team in the world![/b]

No, Rugby, is a sport. Football, is a sport. Basketball, is a sport.

Darts, Snooker and chatting up ugly chicks are all pub activities to be carried out when extremely intoxicated. But thats fine, we can be better then you at Rugby, League, Netball, Basketball, Rowing ect and you can be better at Pool and Darts and throwing peanuts in the air and catching them with your mouth. Deal?

And i was just trying to understand your logic here. There have been many players with less credible claims than Tuas that have played for England.

And get your facts straight, when Dan Carter left the field in the 50th or so minute the All Blacks had the upper hand, he would have looked right foolish trying to score the game winning dropgoal just after halftime...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 5 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But what about the 07 team? they were shocking, Dads army style! Still they got to the final and were competetive ONLY because of Wilkinson, Carter is a hype job bum who couldnt even kick a droppy in the quarter final while surrounded by the best team in the world![/b]

Wha...?

Carter wasn't even there. And I highly doubt the All Blacks would have pulled out a Bloodgate to help Carter kick the winning drop goal.

And even if he didn't he'd still be better than Wilkinson.

I don't like Ricky Hatton and im a fan of PBF and Pac-Man you idiot.

Don't worry, Khan will soon massacre Maidana

Oh! my bad... I thought we were generalising here. I didnt know we were talking about personal likes.

This is quite possibly the most depressing thread since Shtove tried to address immigration law...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Or Audley Harrison![/b]

The Guy this article is about?

And that fellow with the dreadlocks in your sig looks very Jamaican... Almost as if his parents were from there. That would make him Jamaican surely?

Audley is amazing!

And Lewis was born in england, he has jamacan heritige though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Audley is amazing!

And Lewis was born in england, he has jamacan heritige though[/b]

So its where youre born now?

I seee.. so Ronan O'Gara is American, Mike Catt is a Saffa, Malcom O'Kelly, Colin Chavis and Shanklin are English.. Makes sense now.

Latest posts