• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next Generation Gaming

DF373183-516E-44C4-AF2D-A7D4808D7FEA.jpeg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/53019158

No pleasing some. Describing it as looking like a WiFi router. Lol. But at the end of the day it's about the experience and ultimately the games. Yeh will have to have a think about whether to get it with the blue ray Disc drive as still got RDR2 on disc which will Hopefully work on PS5 and with software patches upscale the graphics and speed it up to 60 FPS. Also still have CEX vouchers to use up.

Already thinking about getting TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima on this and playing it on a big 55inch 4K HDR tv whets my appetite for this console even more.

Have they said anything about digital back compatibility?
As in: Will games bought over PSN transfer to PS5? I'm guessing they will - as there's disc back compatibility, but I just can't remember reading anything about it.

Thinking about how many games I've bought over the PS4 life cycle, that's a big chunk of change - will definitely be getting a disc PS5 after thinking about that.

Have they said anything about digital back compatibility?
As in: Will games bought over PSN transfer to PS5? I'm guessing they will - as there's disc back compatibility, but I just can't remember reading anything about it.

Thinking about how many games I've bought over the PS4 life cycle, that's a big chunk of change - will definitely be getting a disc PS5 after thinking about that.
They haven't said, actually one of the few disappointing things about last nights presentation was a lack of information.

Yeah Sony are dripping the information gradually until launch as part of their marketing strategy to build hype. No info on price or confirmation on how backwards compatibility will work on digital yet. Annoying.

Yeah Sony are dripping the information gradually until launch as part of their marketing strategy to build hype. No info on price or confirmation on how backwards compatibility will work on digital yet. Annoying.
A launch date and price would be nice, I want to know if this is a birthday or chirstmas present to myself (well from my wife but I told her what I'm getting).

Has Microsoft actually announced anything for the Series X? Exclusivity wise that can tempt anyone over? They use to have Halo which did get me over for the 360 but I can't see any real advocation based on the games it has over the PlayStation.

I haven't really followed Microsoft's launch. The only thing I like about Microsoft's hardware is the position of the left thumb D stick controller, which I think feels more natural to where Sony have placed theirs. But yeah Halo doesn't interest me enough to buy Xbox over PS5.

Mixed messages about the new Spiderman game but it's sounding like a remaster with a Miles Morales expansion

Kinda disappointing it's not a full game, but I'm still excited for it/happy enough to play the original again but with PS5 graphics

Mixed messages about the new Spiderman game but it's sounding like a remaster with a Miles Morales expansion

Kinda disappointing it's not a full game, but I'm still excited for it/happy enough to play the original again but with PS5 graphics
With backwards compatability what is happening with remasters? Do I have to rebuy Spider-Man with the Miles Morales expansion (honestly the first game was huge I'd be happy if its the size of one the acts of the first) or if I pop my PS4 disc will it automatically patch to PS5. I suspect it won't but they'd make hell of hardware sales if it did.
I haven't really followed Microsoft's launch. The only thing I like about Microsoft's hardware is the position of the left thumb D stick controller, which I think feels more natural to where Sony have placed theirs. But yeah Halo doesn't interest me enough to buy Xbox over PS5.
Considering the playstation layout has been the same since the original dual shock I don't think they are changing it ever. Its such a minor issue I've never really consdiered it before I did prefer the 360 controller over the Dualshock 3 but the PS4 controller is way more comfortable than either of those. I can't really comment the the XBox One controller I have used it but only a tiny bit.

I don't get why people are slagging off how it looks so much, I think it's fine
It's weird people bemoan uninteresting black box design something that is demonstrably a not a black box and everyone complains.

I don't get why people are slagging off how it looks so much, I think it's fine

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/jun/12/playstation-5-video-games-console-not-dead-ps5

yep, I am surprised as well reading the comments under this article in the Graund. Not sure how reflective it is over wider gaming world'S opinion, but I for one really like the new design. There is no pleasing everyone.

Ncurd

Considering the playstation layout has been the same since the original dual shock I don't think they are changing it ever. Its such a minor issue I've never really consdiered it before I did prefer the 360 controller over the Dualshock 3 but the PS4 controller is way more comfortable than either of those. I can't really comment the the XBox One controller I have used it but only a tiny bit.

oh no wasn't saying Sony are ever going to change their left d stick position. But it's just something I do prefer on the x box controller. PS4 controller was a big improvement over PS3's Co controller and I played RDR with the PS3 one before realising I could use the PS4 one on PS3. As you said it's a minor issue and really looking forward to using the dual sense controller.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020...on_ps5_and_does_ps5_play_ps1_ps2_or_ps3_games

Found this article on backwards compatibility for PS4 discs and games downloaded from PSN, confirming they should play on PS5. So may not wait for TLOU2 to come out on PS5 if I can just play it on PS4 now and later on PS5. Same goes for GOT.
The question is do they play with the upgraded graphics the PS5 will?

Not that I give a damn it's coming to my home sometime next week I can't wait.

The question is do they play with the upgraded graphics the PS5 will?

Not that I give a damn it's coming to my home sometime next week I can't wait.

Good question. Guess we will find out. Don't really want to buy TLOU2 again on PS5. Maybe there will be a patch digitally if you bought it on PS4 disc??

Lucky you to have the game next week. I think I will wait a bit as I have vouchers from CEX to use up and wait for the game to be available online to use them up.

827C49AD-7284-46FA-BDBE-951627FCB7BE.jpeg

I think this will look pretty smart lying flat under the TV. Now to consider getting a new 4K HDR tv. Old one, which is full HD, has been hanging on my living room wall for 11 years. Time to start considering an upgrade later this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts