• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next Generation Gaming

Oh aye, I'm definitely getting a PS5 > Xbox...whatever they're called, I was just hoping they might cut the prices a little bit knowing that their exclusives are going to draw more people in :p
The digital one, especially - could easily cut a little off the top knowing that they'll get 30% of literally every game they sell for it because there's no digital resale market

I will probably wait as well. Not gonna fight the crowds for the PS5. I would just be playing old PS4 ***les on it anyway like RDR2 and TLOU2, Spider-Man if I get it this year . So May as well wait for a a real killer ***le like when UC4 came out for PS4 made me wanna buy that console.

Plus waiting to see if the fan noise is as bad as the PS4 and whether it is easy to open up and clean.

I will probably wait as well. Not gonna fight the crowds for the PS5. I would just be playing old PS4 ***les on it anyway like RDR2 and TLOU2, Spider-Man if I get it this year . So May as well wait for a a real killer ***le like when UC4 came out for PS4 made me wanna buy that console.

Plus waiting to see if the fan noise is as bad as the PS4 and whether it is easy to open up and clean.
They did announce the new God of War is out next year as they showed no footage so one assumes its going to be Autumn/Winter.

I haven't had a PlayStation / XBOX since PS2 as I'm a Nintendo fanboy. But the PS5 is definitely appealing to me.

Pre ordered the regular edition from game last night (11:50PM) seem like one of the few to get a email confirmation also.
Was tempted to get digital but it I prefer the freedom really.

Well looks like i'm gonna have to also order a 4K tv finally.

Pre ordered the regular edition from game last night (11:50PM) seem like one of the few to get a email confirmation also.
Was tempted to get digital but it I prefer the freedom really.

Well looks like i'm gonna have to also order a 4K tv finally.
I was asleep to be honest slightly miffed this hasn't been better staged can't seam to buy it anywhere.

Currys PC World broke.
Amazon head it up for seconds it looks like.

Game and Smyths did it whilst people were sleeping.

I was asleep to be honest slightly miffed this hasn't been better staged can't seam to buy it anywhere.

Currys PC World broke.
Amazon head it up for seconds it looks like.

Game and Smyths did it whilst people were sleeping.

Yeh Sony always does this to people
Wouldn't have noticed if not for having their twitter account on notifications.

I'm a Playstation fanboy, and have one of every model. But I can't make up my mind if I should get the disc one or the digital one?

I'm a Playstation Plus member, and since I've been a PS+ member I've only bought one disc-game, and all the others were digital downloads.

But there's still something about the disc, it's cover, and your collection on the shelves, that draws me towards the disc version...

I'm a Playstation fanboy, and have one of every model. But I can't make up my mind if I should get the disc one or the digital one?

I'm a Playstation Plus member, and since I've been a PS+ member I've only bought one disc-game, and all the others were digital downloads.

But there's still something about the disc, it's cover, and your collection on the shelves, that draws me towards the disc version...
I'm the same way,
I'm leaning towards disc just because the PS+ store is often a ripoff for brand new games - selling them for RRP whereas everywhere else has them a tenner less
Plus second hand games/selling ones you don't want anymore

yeh my thought process was that if I buy 10 + games cheaper than the PS store then it will prob work out cheaper in the long run.
Also the fact it is a ultra HD blu ray player, means one less thing to have on the TV unit.

also sometimes a collectors edition just looks too good.

yeh my thought process was that if I buy 10 + games cheaper than the PS store then it will prob work out cheaper in the long run.
Also the fact it is a ultra HD blu ray player, means one less thing to have on the TV unit.

also sometimes a collectors edition just looks too good.

That's my thinking too.

I'm not one of those guys who often buy new releases, and rely more on a great deal, or something I really want to play at a certain point in time.

And second-hand games are waayyy cheaper to buy than on the PS store, and the disc is usually in great shape. But even if it isn't, you just need to insert the disc, and get the game installed for it to register on your profile, and then you can still download the game.

Can't believe that gaming site wasn't preparing for this much traffic though.
I mean its madness but it looks like Smyths and Game jumped the gun accidentally (supposedly it was meant to be 8am) and its all gone to hell, amazon are still updating thier page with products slowly. I've received none of the emails for tell me when available,

Your queue number: 20270
Number of users in queue ahead of you: 6779

Don't think I'm getting one...at launch.

What site?
That's Curry's - PC World but I'd rather not buy from them. Took ages of redirects and site down for maintenance to even get in queue.

Think the only real chance is Argos or just getting lucky.

I was on Amazon for the digital version but it's simply not cost effective enough for me.

That's Curry's - PC World but I'd rather not buy from them. Took ages of redirects and site down for maintenance to even get in queue.

Think the only real chance is Argos or just getting lucky.

I was on Amazon for the digital version but it's simply not cost effective enough for me.

You contacted any local stores?

4 days later and I finally got the booking confirmation from Currys. I did contact them twice but they didn't verify my specific booking. Just got standard message saying our server blew up (yeah no **** why didn't you plan for this) if you have a number you should be fine...

EDIT: They were claiming they were sold out in 10 mins which was odd as I managed to access their website some 3 hours after they went live.

Latest posts