• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next Generation Gaming

I love that design. Sleek and modern with curves in all the right places like a hot MILF.

But am I reading this wrong, I thought all of them comes out with the Blu-ray disc player, but you have a choice of buying it with or without the 825GB SSD drive?

No, one with 4K HDR blu Ray drive. The other is a digital only version. I think both come with the fast SSD drive.

The both definitely come with the SSD drive it's meant to be from a technical point of view the point of difference. To some extent you can use it as RAM which could radically change games in terms of loading times and therefore not having screen or using really clever methods to hide them.

Reading reports that the blu ray version will be released for £499 and the digital only version for £399. Would seem quite reasonable if true.

Very reasonable. would imagine it is selling for a small loss like usual.
I would most likely get the disc one just because I like options.

Interested to see Xbox prices. Would have to imagine around that price.

One thing I do hope they sort out with PS5 is the fan noise. My PS4 sounds like it's about to take off when I am playing TLOU2 or RDR2.

One thing I do hope they sort out with PS5 is the fan noise. My PS4 sounds like it's about to take off when I am playing TLOU2 or RDR2.

Haven't had that, mine is silent, just like me when playing assassin's creed. Although I regularly clean my PS4's vents from any dust.

PS4 Pro definitely doesn't like hot weather and being told to do 4k

Haven't had that, mine is silent, just like me when playing assassin's creed. Although I regularly clean my PS4's vents from any dust.

so you open up your PS4 regularly to clean the vents and that works?
Will have to look into doing that.

I dread to think what the inside of my PS4 looks like - day one buy and never been opened up.
Definitely needs it, though - a lot of my games are played off of my portable harddrive rather than from disk, and it sounds like a jet engine most of the time.

Do you need a special tool to do it? I vaguely remember seeing a guide on reddit and you need a star shaped screwdriver or something?

so you open up your PS4 regularly to clean the vents and that works?
Will have to look into doing that.

I open it once every 6 months or so, but I have this very nifty little keyboard vaccuum cleaner that has a little brush-head, so it's suction strength isn't that strong, and the bristles opens up those little holes and cleans it up very nicely.

I open it once every 6 months or so, but I have this very nifty little keyboard vaccuum cleaner that has a little brush-head, so it's suction strength isn't that strong, and the bristles opens up those little holes and cleans it up very nicely.

cool, will check out youtube how to open it up and clean it.

£449 for the disc based version and £359 for the digital version.

Already out of stock in Game and Smyths

Over preorders open today....this is going to stressful as hell.

I know those have always been the expected prices but they seem steep after the Xbox announcement

This is the first gen where I'm not mega keen to get one day one - will probably wait until after Christmas/after a few more games are out.
Atm it's only really the new Spiderman (which is essentially DLC) that's really drawing me in

The low end Xbox series S bundle looks appealing at £250 if willing to accept lower resolution.

I know those have always been the expected prices but they seem steep after the Xbox announcement

This is the first gen where I'm not mega keen to get one day one - will probably wait until after Christmas/after a few more games are out.
Atm it's only really the new Spiderman (which is essentially DLC) that's really drawing me in
Its not really the full boxes are the same price and Digital Vs Series S whilst steep the Series S is an underpowered Series X whilst the Digital is essentially just missing the disc drive on the PS4.

The real question is will the Series S be only a resolution difference like they say......I'm skeptical.

Not that this makes any difference to me with backward comparability and better exclusives (does the XBox have any?) which are generally the style of game I like I don't have much 'choice'.

Latest posts